2 2
yobnoc

Impeach the MotherF%@KER!

On 11/23/2019 at 5:02 PM, yoink said:

Didn’t you read my last 2 posts on exactly this subject?

I did.

He clearly points out how you are so very wrong. The problem isn't the media not explaining it properly. It is the 30% or so who are just not smart enough to think it through and go by what they get fed on facebook.

1 hour ago, normiss said:

So Trump fired the Secretary of the Navy over a convicted war criminal.

I'm lost in trying to understand how ANY active duty or veteran can support the disaster in the White House. Anyone for that matter.

I never thought I'd see the day that an American political party would support Russia over their own country either.

These are dark days in America.

It's kind of fascinating sitting up here and watching the train wreck. Sort of surreal.

On 11/23/2019 at 10:39 AM, airdvr said:

This came up on FB today.  Anyone care to comment?

Here’s a Summary for those of you who care to know the REAL reason why the House of Representatives are calling for impeachment of President Trump.

I'll comment.  I didn't see it was you who posted this and assumed anyone who starts something with "This came up on FB today" and then continues with content like this is making a joke.  Then I saw it was you and realized you're not making a joke and you actually believe this.

42 minutes ago, DJL said:

I'll comment.  I didn't see it was you who posted this and assumed anyone who starts something with "This came up on FB today" and then continues with content like this is making a joke.  Then I saw it was you and realized you're not making a joke and you actually believe this.

I didn't say I believed it.  It's almost impossible to find a source that can be believed.

2 minutes ago, airdvr said:

I didn't say I believed it.  It's almost impossible to find a source that can be believed.

Is that because you are looking for unbelievable news? Go here:

https://www.npr.org/

or here https://www.bbc.com/news

These are sources that are nearly always factual. They may not say the things you want to hear though.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, airdvr said:

I didn't say I believed it. 

What do you say about it? What's your comment?

It's almost impossible to find a source that can be believed.

It's almost impossible to find only sources as unbelievable as that one.

2 hours ago, gowlerk said:

Is that because you are looking for unbelievable news?

More of a "throw it up and see what sticks."  Trump is one of the best practitioners of this.

"So I heard that Biden kills kids."
"Where did you hear that?"
"It's what everyone is saying.  It's disgusting, that he would kill kids!  Who can support someone like that?"

When it proves to be false:

"Hey, it's just something I heard.  I didn't say I believed it.  I really got you going, didn't I?  Shows how the lame stream media is all lying liars, that they would report I said that."

If by wild chance it proves to be right:

"I knew 100% this was true due to my very big and good working brain.  I know better than the lying lamestream media!"

• Like 2

19 hours ago, airdvr said:

NPR, BBC, Reuters, Wall Street Journal.

Televised news has zero informative value unless they're simply stating what happened.  CNN, Fox, MSNBC, etc are entirely entertainment and opinion.

17 minutes ago, ryoder said:

I disagree. I've seen plenty of very good articles from sources in the yellow box, both on the left & right.

There are definitely good articles but my personal issue is that there's a lot to wade through.  I could extend it to the square formed by VOX and reason.com but Mother Jones, Daily Beast, CNN are entertainment garbage.  I did have a WaPo subscription but I got sick of every article being about Trump so now I only bounce between BBC, Reuters, Politico, NPR and Wallstreet Journal.

1 hour ago, ryoder said:

I disagree. I've seen plenty of very good articles from sources in the yellow box, both on the left & right.

Of course.

Since this is a skydiving site a comparison to beer is appropriate.  The green square represents breweries like Firestone Walker or Russian River - they don't make a single bad beer; everything is excellent.  The yellow box is more like Dogfish Head.  Some beers are great; some aren't very good.  I'm glad they are out there trying new stuff - but I wouldn't buy one of their beers without tasting it first and expect it to be good.

The orange box is like your local hobbyist microbrewery.  Something like Galaxy or White Labs.  (White Labs makes great yeast, but their tasting room has a lot of very mediocre beers.)  Sometimes you are going to get a gem, but usually not.

The red box is like Seadog, BJ's or Eel River.  You're pretty much always going to be disappointed.

24 minutes ago, billvon said:

Of course.

Since this is a skydiving site a comparison to beer is appropriate.  The green square represents breweries like Firestone Walker or Russian River - they don't make a single bad beer; everything is excellent.  The yellow box is more like Dogfish Head.  Some beers are great; some aren't very good.  I'm glad they are out there trying new stuff - but I wouldn't buy one of their beers without tasting it first and expect it to be good.

The orange box is like your local hobbyist microbrewery.  Something like Galaxy or White Labs.  (White Labs makes great yeast, but their tasting room has a lot of very mediocre beers.)  Sometimes you are going to get a gem, but usually not.

The red box is like Seadog, BJ's or Eel River.  You're pretty much always going to be disappointed.

Now I get it. I was looking at the whole thing and only saw a zoo load but really it's a hoop dive.

3 hours ago, ryoder said:

Very true, but you have to apply 'critical thinking' and 'healthy skepticism' to those.

Unfortunately, those skills are not all that common any more.

Edit to add:

Oh yeah, almost forgot.

Devin Nunes, the senior R on the intel committee, you know, the one holding the impeachment hearings, has come up in the news.

Apparently, HE is conducting his own investigation into the Bidens. Meeting with the prosecutor that Biden had fired...
For corruption. 

Meeting with Trump, Giuliani and the rest of the minions.

When asked about this, he either refuses to answer, or spews out a bunch of gobbledy-gook about 'conspiracy to obstruct justice' and suing CNN & the Daily Beast. 

https://www.thestranger.com/slog/2019/11/25/42097454/oops-devin-nunes-has-some-explaining-to-do-about-ukraine

I would think this would constitute a conflict of interest, and that he should recuse himself from the hearings. 

But, hey. Its the Republicans. Who apparently now do anything they want, regardless of the laws.

Edited by wolfriverjoe

1 hour ago, airdvr said:

So using your examples...this article from Politico.  It's a long read but in my mind these guys are dirty.

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2019/08/02/joe-biden-investigation-hunter-brother-hedge-fund-money-2020-campaign-227407

"There’s no evidence that Joe Biden used his power inappropriately or took action to benefit his relatives with respect to these ventures."

3 hours ago, billvon said:

Of course.

Excellent comparison. What I would add is: Just as you should try to consume some of the better foreign brands of beer every now and then, to complete your beer experience, it is really helpful to consume some foreign news channels to get a more complete perspective. Sure, the BBC is an excellent option, but if you speak another language, I'd also venture outside the English speaking part of the world

2 hours ago, airdvr said:

So using your examples...this article from Politico.  It's a long read but in my mind these guys are dirty.

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2019/08/02/joe-biden-investigation-hunter-brother-hedge-fund-money-2020-campaign-227407

Joe Biden can't control what his brother or his son does, including leveraging his family name to raise funds. As that same article states, there's no evidence that Joe Biden has done anything untoward to help James or Hunter Biden's business interests. 

Compare and contrast with the official support and government roles Trump has given his foreign-investment-hungry family and how dirty do you think they all are?

Edited by jakee

3 hours ago, mbohu said:

Excellent comparison. What I would add is: Just as you should try to consume some of the better foreign brands of beer every now and then, to complete your beer experience, it is really helpful to consume some foreign news channels to get a more complete perspective. Sure, the BBC is an excellent option, but if you speak another language, I'd also venture outside the English speaking part of the world

There are a number of foreign news broadcasts that have broadcasts in English.

PBS carries NHK (Japan) in addition to the BBC and Al Jazeera is available on some cable/satellite services.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SkyDekker said:

"There’s no evidence that Joe Biden used his power inappropriately or took action to benefit his relatives with respect to these ventures."

airdvr is a creature of conservative memes. Notice how he never answers directly when confronted. 

Seriously, airdvr, when the article starts off with a mob association reference like "two large men" does your radar not start blinking? You wrote: "It's a long read but in my mind these guys are dirty". Did you even read the long read or just think it was cool and posted it like the FB nonsense?