2 2
yobnoc

Impeach the MotherF%@KER!

23 hours ago, JoeWeber said:

It's called Christianity first and everything else a very distant second. It's called having never really believed the crap they espoused.

Then if it's never really believing, then how is it Christianity first?

Listen, for the most part Christians are just like any other protected class, and broad-brush stereotypes have never really worked out well.

What is it with your preoccupation with Christianity?  I vaguely remember an allusion from you awhile back - is it because you're gay or something?  Honest question.

Anyway, we're probably more alike than different, so for the country, it's probably in our best interest to get along and/or find some common ground upon which we can move forward.

7 hours ago, jakee said:

it still cracks me up that one of the main reasons Trump supporters have for backing him was “he tells it like it is”.

Funny, that's why I'd back you. . .

Edit: Let's face it.  Trump won the game of dirty politics.  Nothing to see here folks - time to move on.

Edited by Coreece

29 minutes ago, Coreece said:

Then if it's never really believing, then how is it Christianity first?

Listen, for the most part Christians are just like any other protected class, and broad-brush stereotypes have never really worked out well.

What is it with your preoccupation with Christianity?  I vaguely remember an allusion from you awhile back - is it because you're gay or something?  Honest question.

Anyway, we're probably more alike than different, so for the country, it's probably in our best interest to get along and/or find some common ground upon which we can move forward.

Coreece,

I don't doubt the seriousness of your belief. I can not agree with the idea but that's not the point. The point is that a lot of christian types/evangelicals are being used for an end by people who think your beliefs are nonsense. It's they who don't believe. To stay in power and get what they want they'll give you your judges etc. etc. and pander to Christians day and night. Seriously, do you believe Trump is a good godly Christian? No? Are you happy with his judges and his Secretary of Education? Are you thinking the end justifies the means? That's what I'm referencing.

1 hour ago, JoeWeber said:

Coreece,

I don't doubt the seriousness of your belief. I can not agree with the idea but that's not the point. The point is that a lot of christian types/evangelicals are being used for an end by people who think your beliefs are nonsense. It's they who don't believe. To stay in power and get what they want they'll give you your judges etc. etc. and pander to Christians day and night. Seriously, do you believe Trump is a good godly Christian? No? Are you happy with his judges and his Secretary of Education? Are you thinking the end justifies the means? That's what I'm referencing.

To be absolutely clear, I take offense to the big picture items not how people personally relate to their faith. In fact, one of my best friends who is someone I have, and will again, trust with huge things. He is a believing Christian. On that we disagree. But I would never doubt his trust.

55 minutes ago, JoeWeber said:

The point is that a lot of christian types/evangelicals are being used for an end by people who think your beliefs are nonsense. It's they who don't believe.

Ya, atheists like you trying to politically influence Christians that you think don't do WWJD - same shit as as your "think of the children"  for gun control farce.

And then there are the true atheists - like the fucking Bolos back in the day that made an alliance with Muslims just to win the Russian civil war - and  look what happened to them when it was all over. 

Same fucking shit, different fucking day.

10 minutes ago, Coreece said:

Ya, atheists like you trying to politically influence Christians that you think don't do WWJD...

Maybe it's because most of them don't, really.  Pretty simple stuff. 

Explain to me which of Trump's policies align with what Jesus would do, please.

2 minutes ago, Skwrl said:
13 minutes ago, Coreece said:

Ya, atheists like you trying to politically influence Christians that you think don't do WWJD...

Maybe it's because most of them don't, really.  Pretty simple stuff. 

Ya, prefect time to guilt trip the shit out of them into doing what you want them to do.  hypocrites!

3 minutes ago, Skwrl said:

So, pointing out hypocrisy is hypocritical? 

Atheists always bitch about how people use religion to control others.  Sort of hypocritical when they do the same thing, even if they don't believe, right?  That's what webs was talking about.

2 minutes ago, Coreece said:

Atheists always bitch about how people use religion to control others.  Sort of hypocritical when they do the same thing, even if they don't believe, right?  That's what webs was talking about.

That's funny. All I see non-believers doing to "control" others is to resist the control and stop it. There's nothing to control once the forced adherence to some insane religion is removed.

It's pretty much why we formed this nation.

2 minutes ago, normiss said:
6 minutes ago, Coreece said:

That's funny. All I see non-believers doing to "control" others is to resist the control and stop it.

Ya, by citing Christian principles and posting bible verses.:)

Philippians 1:15-18

"It is true that some preach Christ out of envy and rivalry, but others out of goodwill. The latter do so out of love, knowing that I am put here for the defense of the gospel. The former preach Christ out of selfish ambition, not sincerely, supposing that they can stir up trouble for me while I am in chains. But what does it matter? The important thing is that in every way, whether from false motives or true, Christ is preached. And because of this I rejoice.

Yes, and I will continue to rejoice"

28 minutes ago, Coreece said:

"It is true that some preach Christ out of envy and rivalry, but others out of goodwill. The latter do so out of love, knowing that I am put here for the defense of the gospel. The former preach Christ out of selfish ambition, not sincerely, supposing that they can stir up trouble for me while I am in chains. But what does it matter? The important thing is that in every way, whether from false motives or true, Christ is preached. And because of this I rejoice.

Waste of packet encapsulation and data space.

39 minutes ago, Coreece said:

Now I'm totally at a loss...  The passage from Philippians that you're quoting relates to some people that were trying to stir up trouble for Timothy and Paul while they were...  well, nobody knows what was happening, since it probably was three letters that got glommed into one book.  

But you miss the second half of the very thing you're quoting: "what does it matter? The important thing is that in every way, whether from false motives or true, Christ is preached..."  In other words, Weber citing Christ to point out hypocrisy of Christians (even if you think it's "false") is the same thing preaching Christ...

So you ought to be OK with it... 

What am I missing?

Edited by Skwrl

10 minutes ago, Coreece said:

Fuck ya man - means I don't have to preach anymore.

OK, cool.  So... what we've figured out from Philippians is that it's not hypocritical for him (Weber) or anyone else for point out when Christians are being hypocritical.   

I mean, in my personal opinion, it's OK for anyone to point out when anyone is being hypocritical, but that's just based on reason. 

Edited by Skwrl

4 hours ago, Coreece said:

Fuck ya man - means I don't have to preach anymore.

Good. So can you leave the Jesus shit out of a thread about Impeaching Trump? You've hijacked enough already.

Edited by jakee

35 minutes ago, Coreece said:

You may want to talk to Weber about that since he's the one that brought it up.

On 11/18/2019 at 7:43 PM, normiss said:

Anyone else confused on why Clinton was impeached for lying about oral sex, yet Trump lying about traitorous actions is all cool???

You know who wasn't afraid of testifying? Hillary.

Trump is weak. Just ask NoKo. He's a freaking bone spur wimp.

I cannot understand how ANY veteran, much less American, can support this insanity.

Maybe there is a flat earth and I just don't see nor understand reality.

Jebus.

On 11/18/2019 at 8:46 PM, JoeWeber said:

Easy. It's called hypocrisy. It's called lying. It's called Christianity first and everything else a very distant second. It's called having never really believed the crap they espoused. They are all simply taking the long view. Yes, Trump is odious at best on his good day's but he's also the penultimate manipulatable fool. They are getting their judges. Jesus is coming back to school. Roe V. Wade may finally be history and our new Christian military stands ready for more endless war against, well, whomever is next. And yes, the Earth is flat.

Fair enough. This time around I opened the Church doors and screamed fire responding to the pondering's of that blasphemous bastard, normiss. I sort of figured that as we both wear the same decoder rings I could be direct. That you, once again, decided to go ballistic as if someone put two teaspoons of soy sauce in your stir fry was not anticipated. But, as long as you're here, I stand by the above as actual truth not nonsensical Biblical revealed truth as you posted.

Christian hypocrisy, while rarely in short supply, is now being doled out by the dump truck load in the age of Trump. Pretend it's otherwise, if that gets you to the end of the day, but if it wasn't for the judges, Betsy DeVos, anti gay executive orders and postures by various department heads and the welcoming prospect of more to come we would not be faced with the stultifying reality of Gods chosen shepherds laying hands on the disgusting bastard in the Oval Office.

Also, give Vietnamese cooking a try. It's fresher I find.

7 minutes ago, JoeWeber said:

Fair enough. This time around I opened the Church doors and screamed fire responding to the pondering's of that blasphemous bastard, normiss. I sort of figured that as we both wear the same decoder rings I could be direct. That you, once again, decided to go ballistic as if someone put two teaspoons of soy sauce in your stir fry was not anticipated. But, as long as you're here, I stand by the above as actual truth not nonsensical Biblical revealed truth as you posted.

Christian hypocrisy, while rarely in short supply, is now being doled out by the dump truck load in the age of Trump. Pretend it's otherwise, if that gets you to the end of the day, but if it wasn't for the judges, Betsy DeVos, anti gay executive orders and postures by various department heads and the welcoming prospect of more to come we would not be faced with the stultifying reality of Gods chosen shepherds laying hands on the disgusting bastard in the Oval Office.

Also, give Vietnamese cooking a try. It's fresher I find.

We don't claim to be perfect. But, right now we claim to be patriots in control. The fact that most of us are Christian is somewhat insignificant. We are fighting to save America, the American dream, and that is what makes us exceptional as a nation. 

WWG1WGA

2 minutes ago, RonD1120 said:

We don't claim to be perfect. But, right now we claim to be patriots in control. The fact that most of us are Christian is somewhat insignificant. We are fighting to save America, the American dream, and that is what makes us exceptional as a nation. 

WWG1WGA

Right. And the fact that the Taliban are Muslims is also insignificant. You're right you aren't perfect, trust me we don't need a reminder, but so fucking what? Also, the fact that you were "given permission to kill communists" 50 years ago does not make you a patriot today. You support, apparently without qualification, a President who is ceding our nations power, importance and prestige to our real enemies not the Luciferians and other Spirit World creatures you fear. That, Ron, is insanity and hypocrisy not patriotism.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, RonD1120 said:

WWG1WGA

So hatred towards immigrants & Muslims, complete and utter disregard for the rule of law, complete disregard for the constitution, blatantly using public office for personal gain and on and on.

That's the "American Dream"? 

And those who support it are 'patriots'?

Please.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RonD1120 said:

WWG1WGA

Yet you "patriots" support a president who attempted to divert funds meant to help wounded veterans to his own use.  A president who ran a fraudulent "university" and a fraudulent foundation.  A five-time draft dodger who insults a decorated veteran testifying under oath, while himself refusing to do so.

• Like 1

From Politico 15 minutes ago:

President Donald Trump’s top Europe envoy Gordon Sondland told House impeachment investigators Wednesday that Trump conditioned a valuable White House meeting for Ukraine's new president on his willingness to launch investigations into Trump’s Democratic adversaries, including former Vice President Joe Biden.

“Was there a ‘quid pro quo?’” Sondland — a close Trump ally and longtime GOP donor — said in his opening remarks to the House Intelligence Committee. “The answer is yes.”