2 2
wolfriverjoe

Can an atheist get into Heaven

billvon

>Can you find a scripture that says we should not protect our borders?

I can find plenty that say you should take in the hungry, the homeless foreigners and strangers you do not know and help them however you can. Several quotes pertaining to that are above.

If you were to see someone homeless and hungry on the Mexican side of the border, heading North trying to escape a bad situation in their home country, what do you think a Christian who truly followed the teachings of Christ would be called to do?

Are you kidding me? That is so far into tangential imagination I have no response. That is other than, I can't see over the wall.

ETA: I actually look for homeless and hungry veterans. They deserve the help first and foremost.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

>That is other than, I can't see over the wall.

On most of the border there is no wall. (You may have heard of efforts to change that.) And even in places where there is a wall, it's quite easy to see through it/climb over it.

> That is so far into tangential imagination I have no response.

You really don't think this happens?

Let me give you a real world example. I was driving home from Eloy one year, my Honda Civic full of gear (I was taking most people's gear home from an 8 way training course.) Just before the big climb into Jacumba I saw four guys standing by a broken down car, sweating in the 100+ degree heat. So I pulled over to see what I could do.

As I coasted to a stop I realized the car was sitting on four flats and was pretty rusted out. It obviously hadn't been driven in a while. I stopped anyway and they came over to me. They asked in broken English if I could give them a ride into San Diego. I told them I couldn't (even if I'd wanted to there was no room in the car.) They were disappointed. I gave them what food and water I had (a bag of bagels, a jar of peanut butter, a few water bottles) wished them good luck and drove on. About ten miles later I saw a Border Patrol van heading in their direction.

If I had had room in my car, what would have been the Christian thing to do? Would a "real" Christian have held them at gunpoint while calling the cops? Or would a "real" Christian just drive on by?

billvon

>That is other than, I can't see over the wall.

On most of the border there is no wall. (You may have heard of efforts to change that.) And even in places where there is a wall, it's quite easy to see through it/climb over it.

Let me give you a real world example. I was driving home from Eloy one year, my Honda Civic full of gear (I was taking most people's gear home from an 8 way training course.) Just before the big climb into Jacumba I saw four guys standing by a broken down car, sweating in the 100+ degree heat. So I pulled over to see what I could do.

As I coasted to a stop I realized the car was sitting on four flats and was pretty rusted out. It obviously hadn't been driven in a while. I stopped anyway and they came over to me. They asked in broken English if I could give them a ride into San Diego. I told them I couldn't (even if I'd wanted to there was no room in the car.) They were disappointed. I gave them what food and water I had (a bag of bagels, a jar of peanut butter, a few water bottles) wished them good luck and drove on. About ten miles later I saw a Border Patrol van heading in their direction.

If I had had room in my car, what would have been the Christian thing to do? Would a "real" Christian have held them at gunpoint while calling the cops? Or would a "real" Christian just drive on by?

Well, this real Christian would have driven by. I would think that the four MS13 members wanted to rob me or possibly kill me so that they could steal my car, money and credit cards to make it to their gang HQ in LA.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

>Well, this real Christian would have driven by.

And that's what I mean about the disparity between reciting Scripture and what Christians are called to do in the real world.

>I would think that the four MS13 members wanted to rob me

Perhaps. What are Christians called to do in such cases?

========
You have heard that it was said, "An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth." But I say to you, Do not resist the one who is evil. But if anyone slaps you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also. And if anyone would sue you and take your tunic, let him have your cloak as well. And if anyone forces you to go one mile, go with him two miles. Give to the one who begs from you, and do not refuse the one who would borrow from you.
========

jaybird18c

***Such a stand up guy. I am sure heaven is waiting for a fine christian like yourself.

How many Mexicans have you brought into your home in the name of communal love and charity?

What does that have to do with assuming every brown guy is part of a gang? Just because they don't look like you doesn't mean they are inferior to you. Thought a christian would understand that concept.

billvon

>How many Mexicans have you brought into your home in the name of communal love and charity?

Personally? About 20. But we just call it "friendship" around here.

I'm not talking about friends. We were talking about open border, we are the world, kumbaya stuff, right? You just drive the border and bring Mexican strangers in your home, feed them a meal, let them sleep on your couch, keeping your doors unlocked, of course, before you send them off to your favorite sanctuary city, who's government can support their illegal activity, and shovel taxpayer funded welfare programs in their direction?

jaybird18c

***>How many Mexicans have you brought into your home in the name of communal love and charity?

I'm not talking about friends.

Ah. So when you say "Mexican" you mean "criminal, welfare seeking, drain on society", not "a person from Mexico"?

Once again, like the death thing, if you're going to speak in code you shouldn't expect people to understand you.:|
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

>We were talking about open border, we are the world, kumbaya stuff, right?

Nope, just basic Christianity.

>You just drive the border and bring Mexican strangers in your home, feed them a meal, let them
>sleep on your couch, keeping your doors unlocked, of course, before you send them off to your
>favorite sanctuary city, who's government can support their illegal activity, and shovel taxpayer
>funded welfare programs in their direction?

Some of that, yes. I've let "Mexican strangers" into my home, fed them, let them sleep on my couch - but that's out of friendship, not an attempt to give them a home or anything. (And some of them were even skydivers!)

But no, I don't leave my doors open and let anyone who walks in sleep on my couch. I'd like to aspire to that, and follow in the footsteps of Christ, but I'm not that good. I try to do that locally at a lesser level - contribute to local homeless shelters and immigrant aid societies, help out in disasters with food and clothing etc. (And of course more directly, like the example I gave.) Also support political causes like sanctuary cities and relief for Dreamers and DACA. And at a more global level, donate to organizations like Doctors without Borders, Camfed, Catholic Charities and Oxfam.

RonD1120

***>That is other than, I can't see over the wall.

Well, this real Christian would have driven by. I would think that the four MS13 members wanted to rob me or possibly kill me so that they could steal my car, money and credit cards to make it to their gang HQ in LA.

Well, it's pretty obvious that these 'gang members' were so incompetent that four of them couldn't overpower Bill.

Or maybe they did rob and murder him, but because he hasn't 'accepted Jesus', he couldn't get into heaven. So he just hung around.

:P

Seriously, it's very revealing that you automatically assume that "Mexicans" are "gang members.
Not surprising that you would simply drive by out of fear of strangers though.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

wolfriverjoe

******>That is other than, I can't see over the wall.

Well, it's pretty obvious that these 'gang members' were so incompetent that four of them couldn't overpower Bill.

Or maybe they did rob and murder him, but because he hasn't 'accepted Jesus', he couldn't get into heaven. So he just hung around.

:P

Seriously, it's very revealing that you automatically assume that "Mexicans" are "gang members.
Not surprising that you would simply drive by out of fear of strangers though.

Uh. read that quote from Twardo in your signature again.

RonD1120

Uh. read that quote from 'Twardo in your signature again.

Well, 'weak and stupid' is one thing.

"Paranoid and prejudiced" is another.

I know what the difference is.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

>Uh. read that quote from Twardo in your signature again.

=======
You have heard that it was said, "An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth." But I say to you, Do not resist the one who is evil. But if anyone slaps you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also. And if anyone would sue you and take your tunic, let him have your cloak as well. And if anyone forces you to go one mile, go with him two miles. Give to the one who begs from you, and do not refuse the one who would borrow from you.
=======

Is that what you meant by "weak and stupid?"

Are you kidding me? That is so far into tangential imagination I have no response. That is other than, I can't see over the wall.

ETA: I actually look for homeless and hungry veterans. They deserve the help first and foremost.

Ron, your prejudices are showing again.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

jaybird18c

***>How many Mexicans have you brought into your home in the name of communal love and charity?

I'm not talking about friends. We were talking about open border, we are the world, kumbaya stuff, right? You just drive the border and bring Mexican strangers in your home, feed them a meal, let them sleep on your couch, keeping your doors unlocked, of course, before you send them off to your favorite sanctuary city, who's government can support their illegal activity, and shovel taxpayer funded welfare programs in their direction?

Did you not just read his account of stopping on the road to help?
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

jakee

******>How many Mexicans have you brought into your home in the name of communal love and charity?

I'm not talking about friends.

Ah. So when you say "Mexican" you mean "criminal, welfare seeking, drain on society", not "a person from Mexico"?

Once again, like the death thing, if you're going to speak in code you shouldn't expect people to understand you.:|

Now you've done it. Mr. Jaybird isn't cool with answering questions that reveal his true nature. Previously he wrote this:

jaybird18c wrote:
Just for the record, I don't defend Trump's idiocy. He's a tool. As long as he's pushing the agenda I want, I'm for him. But that's as far as I go. I have little respect for him as a person.

He went away when I asked this:

Do you believe the agenda you want is good for America? Clearly, Trumps agenda harms many of your fellow citizens, in particular those in the LGBT community. I would include the increasing numbers of americans unable to afford health care. There are more, of course.

Is that simply acceptable collateral damage or are those folks simply expendable types according to the natural order? To the point, what is it in your agenda that makes harm to other americans acceptable?

Given that you think Trump is an idiot and a tool for whom you have little respect, is it the case that our standing on the world stage is not part of your agenda?

Going dark when the questions get close to the bone happens often here.

gowlerk

Nah! Y'all are just making silly arguments. I've been a victim of a mugging and I've worked with gang bangers. Now I avoid dangerous situations when possible. Experience is a better teacher than social media.

RonD1120

Nah! Y'all are just making silly arguments. I've been a victim of a mugging and I've worked with gang bangers. Now I avoid dangerous situations when possible. Experience is a better teacher than social media.

You were mugged? Was it a dark alley or a New York subway in the 80's? Did you get to pull out your rod and waste the bastards? Neato! Did you give it to them in the arse as they were running away? Were they kids?

Anyway, I'm glad you're now safe, sound and tucked away in the land of mountain laurels, beech trees and tulip poplars. Won't be no gangs banging you there, by golly.

RonD1120

Experience is a better teacher than social media.

The small part of the world with which we have experience is virtually never representative of the world. Personal experience can be very misleading, and a very poor way of obtaining unbiased information.
Math tutoring available. Only $6! per hour! First lesson: Factorials!