2 2
wolfriverjoe

Can an atheist get into Heaven

JoeWeber

***You mad bro? :D

By all definitions, yes.

Do you need a safe place, counseling, etc.?
Don't go off the edge just yet. I realize you Oregon snowflakes have to pump your own gas and stuff like that now.
But smoke some more weed. The great philosopher Bob Marley said "every tin gonna be alright."

jaybird18c

******You mad bro? :D

By all definitions, yes.

Do you need a safe place, counseling, etc.?
Don't go off the edge just yet. I realize you Oregon snowflakes have to pump your own gas and stuff like that now.
But smoke some more weed. The great philosopher Bob Marley said "every tin gonna be alright."

You can quote literature, how clever. I jabbed Ron because he needs it; lots of it, actually. In another conversation or 10, he implied that he puts his gun on in the morning just as he does his underwear. He talks incessantly about the need to have a weapon for self protection. When pressed whether he or anyone he knows who packs a pistol ever needed to use it in civilian life to save themselves he starts mumbling LEO, Combat Vet, Danger Will Robinson and so on. Anything but an actual answer. Now we learn he was mugged. Well, inquiring minds want to know: did he use his gun or would a second pair of undies have been more useful?

You also deftly avoided answering my earlier question. Certainly that's your right. But you are in a conversation and you opened the inquiry.

"jaybird18c wrote:

Just for the record, I don't defend Trump's idiocy. He's a tool. As long as he's pushing the agenda I want, I'm for him. But that's as far as I go. I have little respect for him as a person."

I asked:

"Do you believe the agenda you want is good for America? Clearly, Trumps agenda harms many of your fellow citizens, in particular those in the LGBT community. I would include the increasing numbers of americans unable to afford health care. There are more, of course.

Is that simply acceptable collateral damage or are those folks simply expendable types according to the natural order? To the point, what is it in your agenda that makes harm to other americans acceptable?

Given that you think Trump is an idiot and a tool for whom you have little respect, is it the case that our standing on the world stage is not part of your agenda?"

>I've been a victim of a mugging . . .

So have I. I guess we took different things away from our experiences.

>Now I avoid dangerous situations when possible.

How do you reconcile that with:
===========
You have heard that it was said, "An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth." But I say to you, Do not resist the one who is evil. But if anyone slaps you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also. And if anyone would sue you and take your tunic, let him have your cloak as well. And if anyone forces you to go one mile, go with him two miles. Give to the one who begs from you, and do not refuse the one who would borrow from you.
===========

Do you think that's just plain wrong? Or stupid and weak? Or do you that's a good way to live your life, but you just can't bring yourself to do it?

>Experience is a better teacher than social media.

If only you would take that to heart.

billvon

>Experience is a better teacher than social media.

If only you would take that to heart.

Well, he learns what he wants to.

From both personal experience and social media.

He's made it very clear that he doesn't like facts. Particularly those facts that disagree with his feelings or beliefs.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

I was mugged by two Guatemalans. One got the drop on me with a Model 1911 .45 ACP. The Lord was with me on that one but that is another story you wouldn't believe.

The incident was a factor in my decision to carry concealed.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

jcd11235

***Experience is a better teacher than social media.

The small part of the world with which we have experience is virtually never representative of the world. Personal experience can be very misleading, and a very poor way of obtaining unbiased information.

My profession was counseling. I worked with biased information and personal prejudice.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

RonD1120

I was mugged by two Guatemalans. One got the drop on me with a Model 1911 .45 ACP. The Lord was with me on that one but that is another story you wouldn't believe.

I definitely don't believe the Lord was with you, but we've covered that.

Was it in Guatemala?

JoeWeber

***I was mugged by two Guatemalans. One got the drop on me with a Model 1911 .45 ACP. The Lord was with me on that one but that is another story you wouldn't believe.

Was it in Guatemala?

Yes

RonD1120

Did the Lord happen to make the weapon misfire? She does that kind of thing sometimes.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

RonD1120

******I was mugged by two Guatemalans. One got the drop on me with a Model 1911 .45 ACP. The Lord was with me on that one but that is another story you wouldn't believe.

Was it in Guatemala?

Yes

How would concealed carry have solved a situation where one of two guy's had the drop on you? I'm assuming you know better than to try to quick draw your way out of a dead drop looking down a .45 bore.

Beyond that, you couldn't know if the other guy had a gun or had just bought Crocodile Dundee's knife on eBay, right?

Unless shooting muggers as they run away is your plan then the event that convinced you to carry a concealed weapon would not have been prevented or made better by carrying a concealed weapon.

So even if you can tell me of some situation where someone you know in civilian life saved their asses with a concealed weapon, and thus far you have not, your own life experience also does not argue for the need.

RonD1120

I do not have to argue the need. I have a guaranteed right to carry a concealed weapon.

The current Supreme Court interpretation gave you the right but it is certainly not guaranteed. Congress or the Supreme Court can take that ostensible right away. That's not the point at all. I accept that you feel better with a pistol in your pocket just as I accept that putting fluffy dogs in strollers makes some people feel better.

But please, just for the sake of intellectual honesty, admit that you have argued that you need a hidden gun to be safe in this crazy world. I simply submit that you have made no persuasive case for such a need.

JoeWeber

Of course you don't but I'm glad you're back on topic!

Indeed, and you are welcome. Now will you answer my questions?

I could. But I'd really like to stay on topic. I entered the thread to discuss theological issues, not conservative vs. liberal politics.

Gotta add, though. I am permitted to conceal carry and do so often. I've not been required to take action to protect myself with a firearm in this country but I have elsewhere. My right to do so is guaranteed in the Constitution . However, I would do so even if it weren't.

jaybird18c

Of course you don't but I'm glad you're back on topic!

Indeed, and you are welcome. Now will you answer my questions?

I could. But I'd really like to stay on topic. I entered the thread to discuss theological issues, not conservative vs. liberal politics.

Gotta add, though. I am permitted to conceal carry and do so often. I've not been required to take action to protect myself with a firearm in this country but I have elsewhere. My right to do so is guaranteed in the Constitution . However, I would do so even if it weren't.

Then do. You made the statement and claim. I asked for definition. Playing the "on topic" card is a diversionary move. Pack your gun. Have fun and feel good. Just know it is a slippery slope to make it available to so many.

jaybird18c

Again, go find your safe place and depend on others to save you and your family. I handle things differently.

You do not know me at all. I'm no snowflake, dude, and I do not depend on others to save me. I defend my home with firearms. My current primary favorite is a Beretta 1301 Tactical. I simply believe you are deluded if you believe packing a pistol or an AR-15 will save your ass someday. You have a much better chance of winning the Powerball.

In the meantime nonsense views on firearms proliferation and second amendment rights are causing chaos and harm in our society.

People like you, with your Christian better than thou attitudes and your assumptions that anyone who thinks differently than you must be a pansey and a snowflake, drain me.

JoeWeber

***I do not have to argue the need. I have a guaranteed right to carry a concealed weapon.

The current Supreme Court interpretation gave you the right but it is certainly not guaranteed. Congress or the Supreme Court can take that ostensible right away. That's not the point at all. I accept that you feel better with a pistol in your pocket just as I accept that putting fluffy dogs in strollers makes some people feel better.

But please, just for the sake of intellectual honesty, admit that you have argued that you need a hidden gun to be safe in this crazy world. I simply submit that you have made no persuasive case for such a need.

Please explain your passion for this line of off topic interrogation. Apparently, we agree this is a crazy world.

Note the word passion or intense emotion. I am not referring to intellectual imagination.

So even if you can tell me of some situation where someone you know in civilian life saved their asses with a concealed weapon, and thus far you have not, your own life experience also does not argue for the need.

A friend of mine pulled his gun out after two guys approached him and one pulled a gun. I let him know how incredibly stupid that was but it worked in his favor. It's very likely the gun was fake or the person who was dumb enough to commit a robbery was also smart enough to instantly recognize that he didn't want to pull the trigger and guessed correctly that my friend wouldn't pull the trigger.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

RonD1120

******I do not have to argue the need. I have a guaranteed right to carry a concealed weapon.

Please explain your passion for this line of off topic interrogation. Apparently, we agree this is a crazy world.

Note the word passion or intense emotion. I am not referring to intellectual imagination.

My apologies. By all means, let's get back on track. So, if atheists get into Heaven will they have guns, too? I'm assuming that when things are perfect there will be a more perfect second amendment. Is that your understanding?

After all, as you've so eloquently observed on these pages, Satan is hard at work to undo Gods plan, yes? And if God can't stop him here in the corporeal world, where it should be easy, how will he get it done when a few more dimensions are added and everyone is wearing a white sheet?

I suppose, as always, he'll need help. And there ain't no help like armed help I always say.

My apologies. By all means, let's get back on track. So, if atheists get into Heaven will they have guns, too? I'm assuming that when things are perfect there will be a more perfect second amendment. Is that your understanding?

After all, as you've so eloquently observed on these pages, Satan is hard at work to undo Gods plan, yes? And if God can't stop him here in the corporeal world, where it should be easy, how will he get it done when a few more dimensions are added and everyone is wearing a white sheet?

I suppose, as always, he'll need help. And there ain't no help like armed help I always say.

Do you have any serious questions?

jaybird18c

How are these not serious questions? You state you are willing to accept an idiot and a tool as your President as long as he is pushing the agenda you want. I think it is demonstrable that President Idiot Tool's agenda, which evidently is also your agenda, has a number of serious and negative consequences both for certain groups of Americans and the reputation of our country on the world stage.

If you are willing to make such a statement in a public forum you should also be willing to explain it on a public forum. Apparently, you are not so willing.

"jaybird18c wrote:

Just for the record, I don't defend Trump's idiocy. He's a tool. As long as he's pushing the agenda I want, I'm for him. But that's as far as I go. I have little respect for him as a person."

I asked:

"Do you believe the agenda you want is good for America? Clearly, Trumps agenda harms many of your fellow citizens, in particular those in the LGBT community. I would include the increasing numbers of americans unable to afford health care. There are more, of course.

Is that simply acceptable collateral damage or are those folks simply expendable types according to the natural order? To the point, what is it in your agenda that makes harm to other americans acceptable?

Given that you think Trump is an idiot and a tool for whom you have little respect, is it the case that our standing on the world stage is not part of your agenda?"

JoeWeber

How are these not serious questions? You state you are willing to accept an idiot and a tool as your President as long as he is pushing the agenda you want. I think it is demonstrable that President Idiot Tool's agenda, which evidently is also your agenda, has a number of serious and negative consequences both for certain groups of Americans and the reputation of our country on the world stage.

If you are willing to make such a statement in a public forum you should also be willing to explain it on a public forum. Apparently, you are not so willing.

"jaybird18c wrote:

I asked:

Stay focused. You asked the stupid question of whether or not we'll need guns in heaven. Then you revert back to politics. I asked if you ever had any serious questions. I thought staying on topic was implied. My bad.