airdvr

National Anthem Protest

>So do you think she is a racists trying to silence black athletes' First Amendment rights?

?? No. She's a SUPREME COURT JUSTICE. (In caps in case you missed it the first time.) She actually has the power to silence them. So to compare:

Ruth Bader Ginsburg being a racist trying to silence black athletes: "Black athletes have no right to protest, and as a Supreme Court Justice I will find that any attempt to exercise their First Amendment rights is unconstitutional."

Ruth Bader Ginsburg expressing her personal opinion: "This protest is dumb, but it's legal under the First Amendment."

That's up there with "i disagree with what you say, but I defend your rightness to say it. "

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

RonD1120

I was reminded that this is where it began.

It's funny that you've just perfectly illustrated the irrelevance of this controversy, and that adherence to ritual has no relationship with love of country.

You may be better at respecting the flag than Obama, but he's a far better patriot than you.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

RonD1120

Whatever misguided adolescent message the NFL is trying to promote, it is not working. All they are doing is fueling the fire and making more and more folks angry. Many of my friends are tuning out pro football. And now there is a move to boycott their sponsors. What does it all mean? SHTF is coming boys, get ready.

This is what it really comes down to, isn't it? Either way this goes there are people who would have bought tickets that won't now. And that's the bottom line for professional sports.

It actually started with Martin Luther King Jr taking a knee, unsurprisingly for the exact same reasons.

It's very disappointing to see people that think of themselves as "patriots" despise those that exercise their constitutional rights - in this current protest thing, it's clearly racism from those that oppose the protest.

Hi Bob,

And that's the bottom line for professional sports.

Based upon numerous articles that I have read over the years, the money in pro sports is not in the warm bodies in the stands. It is the TV revenue; the money from the warm bodies is not even close to the TV money.

Jerry Baumchen

JerryBaumchen

Hi Bob,

Based upon numerous articles that I have read over the years, the money in pro sports is not in the warm bodies in the stands. It is the TV revenue; the money from the warm bodies is not even close to the TV money.

Jerry Baumchen

Good point. I should have said money is the bottom line. But I've seen some talk of losing sponsors so it looks like they'll get hurt by this after all.

Bob Church

Bob_Church

***Hi Bob,

Jerry Baumchen

Good point. I should have said money is the bottom line. But I've seen some talk of losing sponsors so it looks like they'll get hurt by this after all.

Bob Church

Anheuser-Busch is soliciting feedback from the public. I gave them my response.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

Pence follows Trump order and walks out of 49ers-Colts after players kneel
https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2017/oct/08/mike-pence-leaves-nfl-game-protests

If the stadium ran out of beer, that might be a reason to leave.

Seriously, anyone who says they are not watching, or attending, NBA,NFL and now NHL games. Because of these national anthem protests is not a fan of those sports.

The zealots in favor of the Flag, the national anthem. Also make threats to kill the women who protest.
"The national anthem singer who kneeled in protest at the Titans-Seahawks game earlier this week says she has gotten death threats calling her "un-American."
http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/353040-anthem-singer-who-kneeled-gets-death-threats

Oh and Pence means of travel to watch the NFL game!

Ethics watchdog blasts Pence for use of government travel to Colts game...

the aircraft Pence takes can cost over $42,000 an hour to operate, meaning that Pence’s trip could cost upwards of $250,000. Just more draining the swamp.
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/354476-ethics-watchdog-blasts-pence-for-use-of-government-travel-to

RonD1120

******Hi Bob,

Jerry Baumchen

Bob Church

Anheuser-Busch is soliciting feedback from the public. I gave them my response.

Well, there's a poll out there showing that 84% of people support the player's right to protest.

Lower numbers agree with the actual method of protest, but it's still a minority that disapproves.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

Phil1111

Pence follows Trump order and walks out of 49ers-Colts after players kneel
https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2017/oct/08/mike-pence-leaves-nfl-game-protests

"In the statement issued by the White House, Pence said: “I left today’s Colts game because President Trump and I will not dignify any event that disrespects our soldiers, our Flag, or our National Anthem.”"

I wish the headlines on this read 'Mike Pence disrespects soldiers by cynically invoking their names in cheap political stunt.':|

jakee

***Pence follows Trump order and walks out of 49ers-Colts after players kneel

"In the statement issued by the White House, Pence said: “I left today’s Colts game because President Trump and I will not dignify any event that disrespects our soldiers, our Flag, or our National Anthem.”"

I wish the headlines on this read 'Mike Pence disrespects soldiers by cynically invoking their names in cheap political stunt.':|

The best time to burn the flag is when a politician has wrapped himself in it.

Thank you Mr. Jones.

Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones said Sunday any player who disrespects the flag will not play.

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2017/10/09/jerry-jones-gives-cowboys-players-ultimatum-stand-for-anthem-or-sit-for-game.html
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

jakee

and this would be the fake news you so love.......
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

rushmc

and this would be the fake news you so love.......
It would be the truth.

The walkout was premeditated. The VP went to the game specifically so that he could leave the game. This is true.

The military does not own the national flag or have any special rights to it. Even if you accept the concept that the players are disrespecting the flag by kneeling, it is entirely false to suggest that they are intending to disrespect the military as well. Soldiers have nothing to do with their cause, and Mike Pence knows this.

So when Mike Pence pretends that he is standing up for soldiers when he's actually just using them to pluck people's emotions and score cheap political points that is real disrespect.