billvon

#tregret

headoverheels

******I actually didn't write that post.

For fun I was working on a small script that would reply to any random post of Bill's in this forum with a selection of Rush-isms.

It shouldn't have posted anything just yet. Obviously I've got some tweaking to do. :D

Seemed realistic enough to me.

Adding a few typos would improve realism.

Taking away the caps and punctuation would help too.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

SkyDekker

I haven't heard him talk about a shark lately.

Wonder what his next Baghdad Bob saying is going to be.

You have not jumped one lately.

So, got any proof of collusion yet?
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

More #tregret from Christians whose families are being sent to their deaths by Trump. From CNN:

========================================
ICE arrests in metro Detroit terrify Iraqi Christians

By Kyung Lah, Joe Sutton, Carma Hassan and Joe Sterling, CNN

Updated 1:46 PM ET, Mon June 12, 2017

. . .

"My dad is Christian and Donald Trump is sending him back to a place that is not safe whatsoever," Cynthia Barash said, referring to the persecution of Christians in Baghdad, Mosul and across the largely Muslim nation.

. . .

CNN affiliate WDIV interviewed two people whose husbands were detained. "I voted for Trump thinking he would protect ethnic minorities," Shantal Hanna said. "Now it's blowing up in my face."

Zeinab Al-Badry said there's "a reason why we fled our country. It's not to have fun in America, but to be safe."

CNN affiliate WXYZ said people were from the metro Detroit areas of Sterling Heights, Troy , West Bloomfield Orchard Lake, Southfield and Dearborn. Jeremiah Suleiman, whose uncle was detained, said his relative has been in the United States for 35 years.

"If my uncle gets sent back, it's basically sending him to a death sentence, just like everybody else here," said Suleiman. "We've been here all of our lives."

There were expressions of sharp anger toward the Trump administration. "Shame on Donald Trump," Arabo said. "He campaigned on helping Christians, helping the under-served, on fighting ISIS when actually his actions are emboldening ISIS."
=========================================

Dear Ms. Barash,

Thank you for your letter.

We should make clear that by 'Christian', Mr. Trump means 'white person who votes for me', so you can see that the deportation of your father is completely in line with White house policy.

I hope that clears up any confusion.

Thank you for your vote!

Please click this link to donate via paypal to the President Trump fund!

Sincerely,

The White House.

Caitlyn Jenner experiencing #tregret. Turns out when you support a pathologic liar, sometimes they don't keep their word! Shocker!

============
Caitlyn Jenner to Trump: What happened to your promise to fight for LGBT Americans?

By Aida Chavez - 07/26/17 01:20 PM EDT
The Hill

Olympic gold medalist and transgender activist Caitlyn Jenner on Wednesday slammed President Trump’s call to ban transgender people from serving in the military, asking what happened to his promise to fight for the LGBT community.

“There are 15,000 patriotic transgender Americans in the US military fighting for all of us. What happened to your promise to fight for them?” Jenner tweeted.

Jenner quoted a June 2016 Trump tweet where he thanked the LGBT community and said he will “fight for you while Hillary brings in more people that will threaten your freedoms and beliefs.”

. . . .

Jenner, who voted for President Trump, has previously said that though she backs the GOP, she will “come after” anyone who does not support LGBT rights.
==============

billvon

Caitlyn Jenner experiencing #tregret. Turns out when you support a pathologic liar, sometimes they don't keep their word! Shocker!

============
Caitlyn Jenner to Trump: What happened to your promise to fight for LGBT Americans?

By Aida Chavez - 07/26/17 01:20 PM EDT
The Hill

Olympic gold medalist and transgender activist Caitlyn Jenner on Wednesday slammed President Trump’s call to ban transgender people from serving in the military, asking what happened to his promise to fight for the LGBT community.

“There are 15,000 patriotic transgender Americans in the US military fighting for all of us. What happened to your promise to fight for them?” Jenner tweeted.

Jenner quoted a June 2016 Trump tweet where he thanked the LGBT community and said he will “fight for you while Hillary brings in more people that will threaten your freedoms and beliefs.”

. . . .

Jenner, who voted for President Trump, has previously said that though she backs the GOP, she will “come after” anyone who does not support LGBT rights.
==============

https://www.defense.gov/News/News-Releases/News-Release-View/Article/1260064/statement-by-chief-pentagon-spokesperson-dana-w-white-on-transgender-policy/source/GovDelivery/

Well, at least Jenner can keep his doctor if he likes him according to Obama.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

Is it possible that the Senate GOP has finally discovered that it has a backbone?

www.washingtonpost.com/news/powerpost/paloma/daily-202/2017/07/28/daily-202-trump-s-hardball-tactics-backfire-as-skinny-repeal-goes-down/597a7cf630fb045fdaef0fd5/?utm_term=.21b9eb8c8d80

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

normiss

Apparently, only 3 of them.
[:/]
America over party!

From Kallend's link:

There is nothing Trump can do any more that will get to McCain. Battling an aggressive form of brain cancer, the maverick was willing to vote “no” on the “skinny repeal” amendment so that other GOP colleagues who were also opposed to the measure could vote “yes” to save face with the conservative base.

I was wondering if that might have happened before I saw it in print.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

McCain deserves some credit. But the lion's share should go to Collins and Murkowski. Especially Murkowski. Alaska is not exactly a blue state.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

gowlerk

McCain deserves some credit. But the lion's share should go to Collins and Murkowski. Especially Murkowski. Alaska is not exactly a blue state.

Murkowski isn't a typical "Red State" senator.

She and the party aren't exactly 'bosom buddies'.

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2017/7/27/16030520/murkowski-republican-health-bill
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

gowlerk

McCain only voted no because he doesn't care about losing his base in the next election.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

DJL

***McCain deserves some credit. But the lion's share should go to Collins and Murkowski. Especially Murkowski. Alaska is not exactly a blue state.

McCain only voted no because he doesn't care about losing his base in the next election.

In other words, because he felt it was the right thing to do as opposed to the thing that would get him re-eleted to office.

While I'm certain not all of the 49 felt that way, I'm sure a few more did but lacked the courage to do the right thing at the expense of getting primaried by some stooge backed by the Koch brothers.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

ryoder

Take the link at the top of this page to avoid the paywall: https://www.google.com/search?q=site%3Awashingtonpost.com+trump+is+something+the+nation+did+not+know+it+needed&oq=site%3Awashingtonpost.com+trump+is+something+the+nation+did+not+know+it+needed&aqs=chrome..69i57j69i58.14214j0j4&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Thanks for that i knew there was a google search way to do it but after a couple searches without the correct story headline I gave up.

Trump is something the nation did not know it needed: a feeble president whose manner can cure the nation’s excessive fixation with the presidency. from story.

The ideas that government or single policies can fix complex economic problems is beyond most people. The structural changes of energy, for example coal. Are beyond throwing the environment and its protective regulations under the bus. To save a few jobs for a few years.

Leadership is not bullying. Its ideas and cajoling, hard work & sweat, long hours & flexibility. Its give and take. None of these qualities are evident in trump's personality. General Kelly will need more than band-aids to treat his personal head banging against a brick wall. In dealing with trump.

Thanks for both the non-pay link, and thanks to George Will for that column. It's wonderful!

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

quade

******McCain deserves some credit. But the lion's share should go to Collins and Murkowski. Especially Murkowski. Alaska is not exactly a blue state.

In other words, because he felt it was the right thing to do as opposed to the thing that would get him re-eleted to office.

While I'm certain not all of the 49 felt that way, I'm sure a few more did but lacked the courage to do the right thing at the expense of getting primaried by some stooge backed by the Koch brothers.

The other Republicans are who voted with McCain are seeing targeted attacks painting them as RINOs who support Obama Care. Nevermind that the vote was really just to suspend the current bill so they could have more time to vote on something that actually works.

The biggest problem here is that the ACA was design to be as far to the right as possible. It's almost impossible to create a federal plan that won't just dump people's healthcare, especially with all of the promises to cover everyone with lower rates. They should just add provisions to protect smaller doctor offices and call it something new.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

In early 2017, Julius Krein launched American Affairs, a quarterly political journal founded to support Trump. From an article on its creation:

"Next month, Julius Krein, a 2008 Harvard graduate who has spent most of his admittedly short career in finance, is launching a journal of public policy and political philosophy with an eye toward laying the intellectual foundation for the Trump movement. . . .He has big ambitions: He noted wryly that he is — 'coincidentally'— the same age that William F. Buckley Jr. was six decades ago when he founded National Review, the magazine that became the flagship of the conservative movement."

For months he wrote about the intellectual foundations of Trumpism - he tried to "give the Trump movement some intellectual heft" as one commentator put it.

A tall order - and today he gave up. From the NYT:

===============
I Voted for Trump. And I Sorely Regret It.

By JULIUS KREIN AUG. 17, 2017

When Donald Trump first announced his presidential campaign, I, like most people, thought it would be a short-lived publicity stunt. A month later, though, I happened to catch one of his political rallies on C-Span. I was riveted.

I supported the Republican in dozens of articles, radio and TV appearances, even as conservative friends and colleagues said I had to be kidding. As early as September 2015, I wrote that Mr. Trump was “the most serious candidate in the race.” Critics of the pro-Trump blog and then the nonprofit journal that I founded accused us of attempting to “understand Trump better than he understands himself.” I hoped that was the case. I saw the decline in this country — its weak economy and frayed social fabric — and I thought Mr. Trump’s willingness to move past partisan stalemates could begin a process of renewal.

It is now clear that my optimism was unfounded. I can’t stand by this disgraceful administration any longer, and I would urge anyone who once supported him as I did to stop defending the 45th president.

Far from making America great again, Mr. Trump has betrayed the foundations of our common citizenship. And his actions are jeopardizing any prospect of enacting an agenda that might restore the promise of American life.
================

Nice try Bill, but this RINO is clearly a Soros plant. His journal was funded with Clinton cash and set up to fail. What kind of elitist name is Julius anyway? And everyone knows only communists go to Harvard to study capitalist business.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

Dammit!>:(
I keep hearing about all these jobs Soros is providing, but I still can't find anyone to tell me how to apply for one![:/]

"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

>I keep hearing about all these jobs Soros is providing, but I still can't find
>anyone to tell me how to apply for one!

Go to any pizza place and ask for a job. Keep glancing meaningfully at the basement, and mention that there are two sides to every white supremacist story.

ryoder

Dammit!>:(
I keep hearing about all these jobs Soros is providing, but I still can't find anyone to tell me how to apply for one![:/]

Pretend to be a liberal. Soros will pay you big bucks to attend anti-Nazi rallies.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.