kallend

FIASCO

In the UK both employers and employees contribute towards the cost of healthcare by paying National Insurance Contributions (NICs).

If you earn less than £ 155 pw neither the employee or the employer are required to pay.

Between £ 155 pw and £ 827 pw the employee pays 12% and then pays 2% on any balance over the £ 827 pw.

The employer pays 13.8% on all earnings over £ 156 pw.
Atheism is a Non-Prophet Organisation

>A lady in my church, not 65 yet, has to pay almost $500/mo and has very high
>copays for her health care.

Clearly the compassionate answer here is to put her under Trumpcare and cancel her insurance, thus allowing a small tax cut to millionaires throughout the US.

Mr. Trump is clearly way over his head in a game he is in no way qualified to play. The elites were right all along. If he lasts that long he will be a very old man by 2020.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

RonD1120

***Its a good day for America.

24 million will still have coverage. Nothing is going to explode. Somebody was looking after the weak, the vulnerable, the sick, the poor and the injured.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q65KZIqay4E

Everything is relative. A lady in my church, not 65 yet, has to pay almost $500/mo and has very high copays for her health care. But, she will die soon so it all balances economically.

Is it because of the Death Panels? I'm having a 2008 flashback just thinking about it. DEATH PANELS!!!

theplummeter

******Its a good day for America.

24 million will still have coverage. Nothing is going to explode. Somebody was looking after the weak, the vulnerable, the sick, the poor and the injured.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q65KZIqay4E

Everything is relative. A lady in my church, not 65 yet, has to pay almost $500/mo and has very high copays for her health care. But, she will die soon so it all balances economically.

Is it because of the Death Panels? I'm having a 2008 flashback just thinking about it. DEATH PANELS!!!

Trump: Everyone will be covered.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

gowlerk

The present plan is not not really sustainable, so it will be patched up and continue to limp along and evolve.

That's pretty much what Schumer proposed in his interview with Bret Baier. He's willing to work with the republicans to FIX the current system, as long as they don't completely repeal it. Who can argue with that?

Not even Trump, apparently. . .

The system is working, nothing to see here folks.

sonnyblu

***The present plan is not not really sustainable, so it will be patched up and continue to limp along and evolve.

That's pretty much what Schumer proposed in his interview with Bret Baier. He's willing to work with the republicans to FIX the current system, as long as they don't completely repeal it. Who can argue with that?

Not even Trump, apparently. . .

The system is working, nothing to see here folks.

You are confusing Trump with Lindsey Graham.

“ObamaCare will explode and we will all get together and piece together a great healthcare plan for THE PEOPLE. Do not worry!” Trump tweeted Saturday.

“I don’t think one party is going to be able to fix this by themselves,” said Sen. Lindsey O. Graham (R-S.C.) at a town hall meeting a few hours later. “So here’s what I think should happen next: I think the president should reach out to Democrats.”

kallend

�ObamaCare will explode and we will all get together and piece together a great healthcare plan for THE PEOPLE. Do not worry!� Trump tweeted Saturday.

Trump said that letting Obamacare explode would be irresponsible, but nevertheless, here we are.

I'm not worried, never really was.

Even Trump isn't stupid enough to take healthcare away from citizens before beefing up the military and taking out north korea. . .and the rest of the middle eastern jackasses while he's at it.

...and another thing.

I'm personally fucking offended that my country says that I'm too old to fight.

Seriously, I'm tired of this shit. There's no reason the world needs to be like this.

I'm a 39 year-old badass ready and willing. Why the fuck would I send my son to war?

sonnyblu

I'm a 39 year-old badass ready and willing.

I've never met anyone who self proclaimed to be a badass who actually was one.

Maybe you've got a truck with big tires, a handgun and CCP? It's not really the same.
"Pain is the best instructor, but no one wants to attend his classes"

sonnyblu

...and another thing.

Seriously, I'm tired of this shit. There's no reason the world needs to be like this.

I'm a 39 year-old badass ready and willing. Why the fuck would I send my son to war?

Quick, you can still enlist:

www.stripes.com/news/air-force/air-force-raises-enlistee-age-limit-from-27-to-39-1.290578

Good luck.

kallend

***...and another thing.

Quick, you can still enlist:

www.stripes.com/news/air-force/air-force-raises-enlistee-age-limit-from-27-to-39-1.290578

Good luck.

Thanks for your service!

The long knives have started to come out.

Fox News host promoted by Trump calls on Paul Ryan to step down

Fox News host Judge Jeanine Pirro, whose show President Trump urged his followers on Twitter to watch earlier in the day, opened her program on Saturday evening by calling on Speaker Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) to step down.

"Ryan needs to step down as Speaker of the House. The reason, he failed to deliver the votes on his healthcare bill, the one trumpeted to repeal and replace ObamaCare," Pirro said in her opening statement.

"You come in with all your swagger and experience and sell them a bill of goods which ends up a complete and total failure and you allow our president, in his first 100 days, to come out of the box like that, based on what?" Pirro said.

The Fox News host's fiery comments about Ryan came hours after Trump tweeted to encourage his followers to watch "Justice with Judge Jeanine."
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/325810-fox-news-host-promoted-by-trump-calls-on-paul-ryan-to-step-down

So first trump praised the work Ryan had done on trump's trumpcare bill. Then trump pulled the dagger from his belt and stabbed Ryan in the back.

This is the first volley in the epic Trump vs Ryan battle I've been waiting for. My guess is that in the end Ryan will resign. Not over anything like this, but in 2 1/2 years or so when he steps down to begin challenging Trump for the 2020 nomination.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

RMK

I'm a 39 year-old badass ready and willing.

I've never met anyone who self proclaimed to be a badass who actually was one.

Maybe you've got a truck with big tires, a handgun and CCP? It's not really the same.

Ah, quick to judge. I like that. I could use a guy like you in my platoon. Shoot first, ask questions later!

btw, no truck, no handgun. . .

Did it occur to you that this fiasco was just another carefully planned distraction?

I am relieved that for now the ACA is safe but not ready to run any victory laps. And lets face it, there is still a lot of work to be done to improve healthcare in this country.

tigra

Did it occur to you that this fiasco was just another carefully planned distraction?

I am relieved that for now the ACA is safe but not ready to run any victory laps. And lets face it, there is still a lot of work to be done to improve healthcare in this country.

I don't give them credit for being that intelligent. I think Occam's Razor applies here.

The Rs have been screaming about the ACA since its inception. How many times did the House pass "repeals" of it that went nowhere because the Senate never took it up?
One of Trump's main campaign promises was "repeal & replace."
Same for a lot of congresscritters.

But the lack of a replacement plan that was anything close to realistic, despite having 7 years to come up with something; the inability of the Rs to generate any sort of consensus, the complete lack of actual leadership, doomed it from the start.

I found it particularly telling that the more moderate side of the Rs wouldn't vote for it because it went too far and the reactionary side wouldn't vote for it because it didn't go far enough.

The Rs have spent the last 6 years (since the 2010 when they took the House) being the "Party of No." They publicly stated that their intention was to block anything Obama proposed.

They didn't care about actually running the country.

Now that they have the House, Senate & White House, they are finding that simply opposing everything won't work.

So they come up with a hastily prepared, ill-thought-out (not thought through at all), plan that would have hurt a lot more people than it would have helped.
And it falls apart.

The distraction is going to be the power struggle between Trump & Ryan. Ryan has the political experience and backing to make it an interesting fight.
Trump has Twitter, Bannon & his fake news network, and the idiocy of the Trumpettes.
Fortunately, Speaker is an internal position, not a publicly elected one. So public opinion is not as important.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

DanG

I believe the current age limit for enlistment is 42.

Let us know how Basic Training is.

They won't take him, he has a bad ass.

Don

GeorgiaDon

***I believe the current age limit for enlistment is 42.

Don

I know it didn't sound good when I said that. I just think many people in their 40s, or even 50s are more than capable. But I'm sure they have their reasons for the age limit.

Anyway, sorry for the thread drift.

sonnyblu

******I believe the current age limit for enlistment is 42.

Don

I know it didn't sound good when I said that. I just think many people in their 40s, or even 50s are more than capable. But I'm sure they have their reasons for the age limit.

Anyway, sorry for the thread drift.

So....no comment on being completely wrong?

tigra

I believe the ACA is in trouble. Two days after the repeal and replace effort failed the news coverage turned back to the problems with O-care. Dems were tripping over themselves to get in front of microphones and say how much they wanted to work with the administration to fix O-care. NPR had a piece on the ACA last night and concluded while the program is not in imminent peril, it has real problems and if the Trump administration does not actively support it it may indeed fail.

>Dems were tripping over themselves to get in front of microphones and say how
>much they wanted to work with the administration to fix O-care.

They've been saying that for six years now. How odd that republicans have just now noticed, and only after the embarrassing failure of Trumpcare.

>NPR had a piece on the ACA last night and concluded while the program is not in
>imminent peril, it has real problems and if the Trump administration does not
>actively support it it may indeed fail.

If the Trump administration starts trying to destroy it, it may indeed fail. So far they show every sign of doing just that, so they can stand back and say "not my fault! It was the democrats!"