2 2
billvon

Russiagate

RonD1120

Top level government corruption, deep state confirmed, HC is a criminal, it is sad for American. Truly sad!

Are you STILL bleating on about HC? She's not been relevant for over a year now. She will never be relevant again. Just move on...

It doesn't work as a distraction.

I can't see what this memo proves other than the government got one warrant and THREE extensions because they AND a federal judge thought Carter Page was a spy. So the judge saw solid evidence that Page was acting as a spy WHILE a foreign policy advisor.

I'm really confused how any American can support Russia being knee deep in our government. These traitors should be charged with treason.

>I can't see what this memo proves other than the government got one warrant and
>THREE extensions because they AND a federal judge thought Carter Page was a
>spy.

Well, they thought he might have been a spy, and thus got approval to gather more information to determine whether he was or not. Which is pretty much the CIA's job.

>I'm really confused how any American can support Russia being knee deep in
>our government.

Because they helped Trump get elected.

You have to understand Trump supporters. Look at Ron, to whom Russia was the great communist Satan for years. But Russia helps Trump get elected, and Ron then supports them (or at least tolerates them) - because "his side" tells him to.

At this point I suspect there is nothing Trump could do that Ron would object to. I mean, would he have to rape someone else? Get a fourth wife, and cheat on her with a gay meth user while she was home with his newborn son? I can just hear Ron saying "Thank God for President Trump. He's not perfect, but The Lord will judge him for those things, not me. At least he's not an inner-city liberal."

OK, I just read the memo.:|
Now I understand why I saw a tweet earlier today comparing the hype versus reality to watching Geraldo opening Al Capone's vault.:D

"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

RonD1120

Listening to the radio commentary all afternoon regarding the release of the famous memo. I kinda feel sorry for all the liberal Democrat HC supporters. All the wheels have come off their wagon. They have nothing, nothing to roll with now.

Top level government corruption, deep state confirmed, HC is a criminal, it is sad for American. Truly sad!

What will the Congress do now?

What are you talking about?

Did you even read the "memo"?

It's absolutely hilarious.

Steele put the memo together for the DNC.
That's not secret, that's not news.

Steele pissed off the FBI because he talked to the media about the dossier he put together for the DNC.
That's also neither secret nor news.

Is the Steele dossier accurate?
Not addressed.

Not in any way.

Not exactly sure how "deep state" or "corruption" (except maybe by Trump) or HRC's guilt is in any way addressed.
But the "radio commentary" you listen to is probably chock full of claims about that sort of thing.
Just like 'Pizzagate'.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

wolfriverjoe

***Listening to the radio commentary all afternoon regarding the release of the famous memo. I kinda feel sorry for all the liberal Democrat HC supporters. All the wheels have come off their wagon. They have nothing, nothing to roll with now.

Don't be too tough on Ron. Nunes didn't ever read the FISA applications before writing his memo, and the POTUS doesn't seem to read anything longer than a tweet.

“As I have said repeatedly, I also remain 100 percent confident in Special Counsel Robert Mueller. The contents of this memo do not — in any way — discredit his investigation,” Rep. Trey Gowdy (R-S.C.)

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

From the memo:

“The Papadopoulos information triggered the opening of an FBI counterintelligence investigation in late July 2016" the memo noted in its final paragraph.

The FBI did not seek authorization to conduct surveillance on Page until three months later, on Oct. 21, 2016.

George Papadopolous is a cooperating witness.

The memo is the nothingburger.

RonD1120

Listening to the radio commentary all afternoon regarding the release of the famous memo. I kinda feel sorry for all the liberal Democrat HC supporters. All the wheels have come off their wagon. They have nothing, nothing to roll with now.

MSNBC is off the rails...
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

kallend

From the memo:

“The Papadopoulos information triggered the opening of an FBI counterintelligence investigation in late July 2016" the memo noted in its final paragraph.

The FBI did not seek authorization to conduct surveillance on Page until three months later, on Oct. 21, 2016.

George Papadopolous is a cooperating witness.

The memo is the nothingburger.

Stated in the memo is confirmed. A fisa warrant would not have a bit issued if not for the Steele dossier. The fisa judge was lied to or he would have never issued it. I truly believe there's much much more to come on this.

But all your spin on this so sure as hell fun to watch
Abraham Lincoln

headoverheels

******Listening to the radio commentary all afternoon regarding the release of the famous memo. I kinda feel sorry for all the liberal Democrat HC supporters. All the wheels have come off their wagon. They have nothing, nothing to roll with now.

Don't be too tough on Ron. Nunes didn't ever read the FISA applications before writing his memo, and the POTUS doesn't seem to read anything longer than a tweet.

You are correct. They could only send one member. So the committee sent Trey Gowdy.

He reported back to the committee. Details details...
Abraham Lincoln

JoeWeber

Who gives a rats ass what Marc or Ron think? Seriously, outside of SC does anyone have these conversations with anyone?

I am saying this straight out: if you cannot avoid responding to those guys after a zillion posts then they are not the problem.

I agree. I have not responded to rushmc for a couple of years. Any attempt to have a rational discussion with him is just pissing in the wind.

Don

RonD1120

You have been listening to "Alternate Facts". Liberal and progressives are not fazed in the least little bit and are working hard at getting the vote out.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

rushmc

*********Listening to the radio commentary all afternoon regarding the release of the famous memo. I kinda feel sorry for all the liberal Democrat HC supporters. All the wheels have come off their wagon. They have nothing, nothing to roll with now.

You are correct. They could only send one member. So the committee sent Trey Gowdy.

He reported back to the committee. Details details...

“As I have said repeatedly, I also remain 100 percent confident in Special Counsel Robert Mueller. The contents of this memo do not — in any way — discredit his investigation,” Rep. Trey Gowdy (R-S.C.), Feb 2, 2018

Q: Who said

“When you’re attacking FBI agents because you’re under criminal investigation, you’re losing”?

A: That was White House spokeswoman Sarah Huckabee Sanders tweeting on Nov. 3, 2016.

>The best reporting I am seeing right now is on CNN Wolf Blitzer!

Yep. Wolf yesterday, speaking to a republican on the House Intelligence Committee:

"You must be very upset that your committee has been blown apart. Going back many, many decades, I've never seen the House Intelligence Committee so partisan as it has become over the last several months."

Good summary from USA Today:

=============================================
Nunes memo aims at Russia probe, backfires on Trump and GOP
Feb. 3, 2018

The real surprise was the degree to which the document undermined the attacks that the president and his allies had been advancing to tarnish Mueller.

When the House Intelligence Committee finally did its dramatic reveal of the so-called Nunes memo, several things were immediately clear — and all were bad for committee chairman Devin Nunes and President Trump, the man his efforts were ultimately intended to benefit.

The push by Republican leaders to unveil this document, over the strenuous objections of the FBI, the Justice Department and Democrats in Congress, fit a broader pattern of coordinated attacks on Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation into Russian interference in the 2016 election and Trump team ties to Russia. It began as soon as Mueller was appointed with phony claims about conflicts of interest, and has continued until today. The Trump allies' MO: gin up hysteria around unsubstantiated allegations, ignore or suppress efforts to get to the truth, and move on to the next effort to tarnish.

Most of the allegations in the Nunes memo had already been aired, and others were quickly discredited as misleading or undercut by other information that was excluded from the memo. Indeed, to the extent the document contained any surprises, it was the degree to which it actually undermined the attacks that the president and his allies had been advancing.

One such assault has claimed that the “Steele dossier,” opposition research compiled by the private firm Fusion GPS at the behest of the Clinton campaign, served as the basis for the investigation into the Trump campaign and surveillance of a former campaign aide. However, the Nunes memo says information about Trump campaign adviser George Papadopoulos — not the Steele dossier — “triggered the opening of an FBI counterintelligence investigation in late July 2016 . . . .” Whether that was intended or not, it undercuts the claim that the Russia investigation is based upon the dossier.

Most importantly, the Nunes memo fails utterly at Trump’s reported purpose in urging its release: to lay the groundwork for firing Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein, who oversees Mueller’s investigation and is key to protecting that investigation going forward.

. . .The most disturbing reflection about this episode is not that Nunes chose to engage in such a pointless, partisan battle to save Trump's skin — it’s that Nunes and Republicans on the House Intelligence Committee were willing to sacrifice so much more for that selfish purpose.
================================

kallend

Q: Who said

“When you’re attacking FBI agents because you’re under criminal investigation, you’re losing”?

A: That was White House spokeswoman Sarah Huckabee Sanders tweeting on Nov. 3, 2016.

Who is attacking FBI agents?

I think you'll be a'ight leadership's in the crosshairs but not the agents!
Abraham Lincoln

billvon

>The best reporting I am seeing right now is on CNN Wolf Blitzer!

Yep. Wolf yesterday, speaking to a republican on the House Intelligence Committee:

"You must be very upset that your committee has been blown apart. Going back many, many decades, I've never seen the House Intelligence Committee so partisan as it has become over the last several months."

He also said Thanks to the lying Democrats.
Abraham Lincoln