2 2
billvon

Russiagate

Phil1111

***>Actually
>Many of them are saying is bigger than they expected

Like who? Nunes? Trump? Hannity?

No one sane is saying that.

Did Sean Hannity Help Convince Trump to Release the Nunes Memo?
http://www.newsweek.com/sean-hannity-trump-release-nunes-memo-798106

I hope so...
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

billvon

>The best reporting I am seeing right now is on CNN Wolf Blitzer!

Let's see what Wolf is saying! From his show, discussing what former CIA director John Brennan said:

" 'I had many fights with Congressional Dems, Democrats, over the years on national security matters. But I never witnessed the type of reckless partisan behavior I am now seeing from Nunes and House Republicans. Absence of moral and ethical leadership is why it’s fueling this government crisis.' Let me repeat that. 'Absence of moral and ethical leadership in the White House is fueling this government crisis.' Those are serious, serious words."

You're right; good reporting.

Nice cherry picking their bill.
Abraham Lincoln

>Nice cherry picking their bill.

I did not cherry pick their bill! He doesn't even mention a bill. What he does mention is how the absence of moral and ethical leadership in the White House is fueling this government crisis, and how Nunes and Trump are exhibiting reckless partisan behavior.

Like you said, good reporting.

rushmc

******>Actually
>Many of them are saying is bigger than they expected

Like who? Nunes? Trump? Hannity?

No one sane is saying that.

Did Sean Hannity Help Convince Trump to Release the Nunes Memo?
http://www.newsweek.com/sean-hannity-trump-release-nunes-memo-798106

I hope so...

Evidently Nunes is so afraid of his constituents that he no longer accepts in person visits.

Nunes losing local support?

Poll numbers for Rep. Devin Nunes (R-Tulare) are dropping quickly as constituents from both sides of the political aisle grow increasingly upset at the lack of access to their congressman....

Nunes is particularly at risk with independent voters, 61% of whom already plan to vote against him.

Nearly half of independents who might support him change their minds when presented with news reports of Nunes actions regarding the Trump-Russia investigation....

“This poll shows what I knew to be true when I announced last April,” Janz said. “Devin Nunes is vulnerable for a challenge this year due to his ethical missteps and complete dedication to protecting the president instead of serving the people of the Valley.”...

a Navy veteran who advocates for the rights of other veterans, was upset when she was met with a locked door when she made a recent visit to Nunes’s Visalia office....

Dickinson-Campbell says Nunes’s staff told her they no longer allow visits to his office because of security concerns.

“I told them I would spread the word for them,” she said. “They said it’s for their own safety.”...

When a group of clergy came without an appointment in September, Nunes’s office called the Visalia Police Department to have them removed....

“Our friends, they came in after us, but apparently on their way in some people said, ‘Good luck, they (Nunes staff) never answer the door,’” Dickinson-Campbell said. “That’s just what the people in the hallway and building say.”...

It is unknown if Nunes will participate. He has not attended a local open forum in more than a year.
https://www.ourvalleyvoice.com/2018/01/20/nunes-losing-local-support/

Right before trump decided against implementing the sanctions, approved by a veto proof vote in Congress, the three Russian spy chiefs were in the US. One of whom is supposedly barred from entering the US.

I am sure that is all one grand coincidence too.

The State Department referred any questions to their management, also known as the Russian Embassy. That's right American reporters asking questions of the American State Department were referred to Russia.

Poll numbers for Rep. Devin Nunes (R-Tulare) are dropping quickly as constituents from both sides of the political aisle grow increasingly upset at the lack of access to their congressman.

Nunes is particularly at risk with independent voters, 61% of whom already plan to vote against him.

Nearly half of independents who might support him change their minds when presented with news reports of Nunes actions regarding the Trump-Russia investigation.

Well, that's not turning out as Republicans had hoped. Turns out that declaring war on justice isn't as popular as they thought it would be.

billvon

>Nice cherry picking their bill.

I did not cherry pick their bill! He doesn't even mention a bill. What he does mention is how the absence of moral and ethical leadership in the White House is fueling this government crisis, and how Nunes and Trump are exhibiting reckless partisan behavior.

What is good at there is parroting democratic talking points
Abraham Lincoln

So basically this memo says:

1. Carter Page is/was likely a Russian spy and has been under investigation since 2013.

2. Papadopoulus screwed up enough to trigger his own counterintelligence investigation in 2016.

We already know that Flynn was a foreign agent.

That Trump guy only hires the best people. Maybe he meant the best people foreign governments have to offer?

>What is good at there is parroting democratic talking points

What democrat parroted this talking point?

" . . .I have been and remain confident in the overwhelming majority of the men and women serving at the FBI and DOJ. As I have said repeatedly, I also remain 100 percent confident in Special Counsel Robert Mueller. The contents of this memo do not - in any way - discredit his investigation."

Looks like your own party is turning on you.

rushmc

***>Nice cherry picking their bill.

What is good at there is parroting democratic talking points

A show that is good at parroting democratic talking points is the best reporting you've seen?

I guess the democratic talking points must be pretty damn accurate then. Cool!
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

Trump knows he is on the Justice Department's hook. He is now wiggling, twisting, and breaking the water in an effort to escape being netted. Desperate tactics like this only serve to show that he knows that he is about to be hauled into the boat. We haven't heard from soon to be POTUS Pence for awhile have we? I imagine he is quietly getting ready for the transition.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

Reactions countrywide:
=================
The Nunes Memo Lands With a Dud

The idea here, not accomplished, was to end the Mueller investigation on a technicality. Is that really the most inspiring response Team Trump can muster?

Daily Beast

It might not be as embarrassing as Geraldo opening Al Capone’s vaults, but the release of the Nunes memo strikes me as the most anticlimactic event in what was a pretty exciting week in politics otherwise. Somewhere between a bombshell and a nothingburger—but closer to the nothingburger— there lies this memo.

. . .

The memo essentially confirmed—if, that is, everything that’s in there is true, which appears to be a real question—much of what I had assumed: Yes, there was questionable motivations behind the Steele Dossier, which potentially raise questions about whether the FBI should have relied on it (though we don’t know the extent to which it did). But none of that undermines the Mueller investigation.

That’s assuming the memo is based on reliable information. Already, there are signs it’s not.

. . .

And this is one of my problems with the memo: It seems extraneous. What is more, even if we were to assume everything in it is 100 percent accurate—a big “if”—and even if we were to then assume the worst about the FBI—it would still be a stretch to suggest it nullifies the Mueller investigation.

And that appears to be the goal here, though it was heartening at least to see some congressional Republicans affirm their support for the investigation after the memo’s release.
=================================
The Nothing Memo

The much-hyped Republican memo about abuses in the Russia investigation is a big dud.

US News and World Report

The memo House Republicans and the Trump administration have been plugging for weeks now – which would supposedly show how the FBI and the Department of Justice joined in a dreaded "deep state" tag-team to push the 2016 election to Hillary Clinton – was finally released on Friday.

It's underwhelming, to say the least. Those hyping the memo's revelations as "worse than Watergate" need to go read a history book.

. . .

You can read the full memo here. If this is the pretext President Donald Trump uses to undermine the investigation into Russian meddling in the election that's being led by Special Counsel Robert Mueller, it's weak tea indeed, and everyone who isn't in the deepest throes of partisan madness should be able to see it.

. . .

I know that there are those in the conservative media who are going to hype this thing to the hilt; in fact, they may have played the decisive role in pushing the memo to be made public, dooming Republicans into releasing information that doesn't help them thanks to a vicious feedback loop. And Trump himself is going to use the memo to continue claiming that the law enforcement officials whom he himself put in place are all somehow scheming with Democrats to oust him. (Which is weird, since he only hires "the best people.")

But it seems to me like Republicans would have been better off continuing to hint at the allegations in the memo without releasing it publicly, as bad as that would have been for, you know, the democratic process. Putting it out just revealed their outrage for the faux nonsense that it is.
====================

You can read the full memo here. If this is the pretext President Donald Trump uses to undermine the investigation into Russian meddling in the election that's being led by Special Counsel Robert Mueller, it's weak tea indeed, and everyone who isn't in the deepest throes of partisan madness rushmc should be able to see it.

Fixed it.

Don

Listening to the radio commentary all afternoon regarding the release of the famous memo. I kinda feel sorry for all the liberal Democrat HC supporters. All the wheels have come off their wagon. They have nothing, nothing to roll with now.

Top level government corruption, deep state confirmed, HC is a criminal, it is sad for American. Truly sad!

What will the Congress do now?
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

jakee

All backed up by docs and interviews.

Docs that you haven't seen and interviews that you haven't heard. The providers of the documents and the interviewees also contend that the conclusions of the memo are biased and unjustified. So why do you 100% believe that the conclusion of a member of Trump's transition team are entirely accurate and unnaffected by partisan support?

The sham is the investigation by Muller.

Call me crazy but I'm pretty sure that Mr Mueller has both read some documents and interviewed some people in the course of his investigation. Probably a fair few more documents and more people than Nunes did. So why are you 100% sure that investigation conducted by a Republican, non-elected official, is being conducted entirely as a result of Democrat partisan bias?

But what you forget is that Marc is in Mueller's confidence, and gets to hear and see all the confidential stuff that we don't see. Funny that he mis-spells his source's name, though.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

>I kinda feel sorry for all the liberal Democrat HC supporters. All the wheels have
>come off their wagon.

?? I guess the wheels have REALLY come off the GOP's wagon, then - since they are denying that it's a big deal as well. All the democrats have to do is sit back and watch the squabbling start. McCain has already condemned it.

>What will the Congress do now?

The GOP will continue their war on justice, but will see more and more defections as GOPers with backbones push back. As more malfeasance by the Trump administration is exposed, Trump will try harder and harder to subvert the US justice system to protect himself.

You can read the full memo here. If this is the pretext President Donald Trump uses to undermine the investigation into Russian meddling in the election that's being led by Special Counsel Robert Mueller, it's weak tea indeed, and everyone who isn't in the deepest throes of partisan madness rushmc and RonD should be able to see it.

Fixed it again.

Don

billvon

>What will the Congress do now?

The GOP will continue their war on justice, but will see more and more defections as GOPers with backbones push back. As more malfeasance by the Trump administration is exposed, Trump will try harder and harder to subvert the US justice system to protect himself.

Every now and then I'm amazed at how Ron can support the way that Trump is abusing the and undermining the structures of law and justice to prop up his own personal power base, since it should fly in the face of everything Ron believes is right.

Then I remember that Ron actually wants his nation to collapse, since it would mean the Rapture is on the way. Hence he'd love nothing more than for Trump's abuses of power to become more and more egregious until government as you know it collapses entirely.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?