2 2
billvon

Russiagate

The law reads that the special counsel is only to be appointed if there is a known crime. There is no known crime.

This doesn't make any sense. If it is already known, then there really is no need for investigation anymore. My understanding is that special counsel can be appointed by AG or DAG. The second option is through Congress, which was the case with Starr.

You'll have to point me to the law that states that SC appointed by DAG can only happen when a known crime has taken place. My understanding is that appointment through AG or DAG is not reviewable.

I have a feeling you are just parrotting some right wing website or talkshow and have done absolutely no research yourself. But feel free to prove me wrong.

We know that that document is a lie.

No, we don't know that. We also don't know if it is true at this point. We know that two separate people have come up with similar allegations. Both are however uncorroborated at this point. At least as far as we know.

You can keep spewing the talking points

Funny you should say that, because it certainly seems that is exactly what you are doing.

This is about the few bad actors who chose to ignore evidence of Crimes by Clinton and her campaign and others while at the same time trying to discredit and kill the Trump campaign.

So you know the dossier is a lie and the memo is the truth. All without investigation and in the case of the memo, never even having seen it.

But you feel comfortable accusing others of spewing talking points.

You really should try a little bit of independent thought and not automatically see everything "your side" does as true and factual and everything the "other side" does as lies, deception and bullshit.

>It is being reported that a more damning investigation will be coming out in March.

It is also being reported that the second dossier will be even more damning, and will confirm many of the allegations concerning Trump's connections to Russia laid out in the Steele dossier.

#RELEASETHEDOSSIER

The Sham letter drafted by the WH and its puppet Devin Nunes.
https://www.scribd.com/document/370599274/House-Intelligence-Committee-releases-memo#fullscreen&from_embed

While he attacks his own departments:
President Trump Is Stepping Up His Attacks on His Own FBI and Justice Department
President Donald Trump accused the country’s top law enforcement officials of political bias against the Republican Party and his administration in a tweet he sent early Friday morning. The tweet came just hours before the expected release of a memo commissioned by G.O.P. lawmakers that chronicles the F.B.I.’s purported abuses of its surveillance authorities during the 2016 presidential campaign.

“The top Leadership and Investigators of the FBI and the Justice Department have politicized the sacred investigative process in favor of Democrats and against Republicans — something which would have been unthinkable just a short time ago,” Trump tweeted. “Rank and file are great people!”
http://time.com/5130167/donald-trump-tweet-nunes-memo/

Phil1111

All backed up by docs and interviews.

The sham is the investigation by Muller.

Looks like I have been right all along:)
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

>All backed up by docs and interviews.

So the Trump/Nunes letter details how Carter Page, a Trump adviser who met with two Russian agents, was under investigation by a FISA court. In an intercepted conversation between the two agents, one of the Russian intelligence operatives mentions that he is trying to recruit Page and turn him into a Russian spy.

Sounds like the CIA was doing its job and looking into a potential Russian spy within the Trump campaign. Good for them; they should get a commendation for exposing two Russian agents who tried to recruit Page.

Some people don't understand that a FISA warrant has to be renewed by the same judge every 90 days. Nunes, trump and the republicans, rely upon such ignorance. Rod Rosenstein who approved all of this, is a trump appointee.

Naturally for Fox and trumpateers this is all ignored.

The fisa warrants were based on DNC HRC paid for opposition research.

The same Steele doc that Comey stated under oath was not corroborated.

The whole investigation is a shame based on a lie.
Abraham Lincoln

Phil1111

Some people don't understand that a FISA warrant has to be renewed by the same judge every 90 days. Nunes, trump and the republicans, rely upon such ignorance. Rod Rosenstein who approved all of this, is a trump appointee.

Nope
They are talking about those points as I type this.

Rosentein used the same Steele lie documentation at the original.

Sucks to be a democrat right now.
Abraham Lincoln

Phil1111

Rosenstein is and was a never trumper,,,,,,
Abraham Lincoln

rushmc

All backed up by docs and interviews.

Docs that you haven't seen and interviews that you haven't heard. The providers of the documents and the interviewees also contend that the conclusions of the memo are biased and unjustified. So why do you 100% believe that the conclusion of a member of Trump's transition team are entirely accurate and unnaffected by partisan support?

The sham is the investigation by Muller.

Call me crazy but I'm pretty sure that Mr Mueller has both read some documents and interviewed some people in the course of his investigation. Probably a fair few more documents and more people than Nunes did. So why are you 100% sure that investigation conducted by a Republican, non-elected official, is being conducted entirely as a result of Democrat partisan bias?
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

>Sucks to be a democrat right now.

What democrat do you think said this?

"The latest attacks on the FBI and Department of Justice serve no American interests – no party’s, no president’s, only Putin’s."

As expected the memo turned out to be a dud. You can almost hear the deflation from the right as they scramble to try to make this particular nothingburger the biggest, most juicy scoop since the sex ring in the pizza parlor story.

billvon

>Sucks to be a democrat right now.

"The latest attacks on the FBI and Department of Justice serve no American interests – no party’s, no president’s, only Putin’s."

Ooh, ooh! I know this one!:D

As expected the memo turned out to be a dud. You can almost hear the deflation from the right as they scramble to try to make this particular nothingburger the biggest, most juicy scoop since the sex ring in the pizza parlor story.

Like a kidnapper's hostage, it was only valuable before it was released.:P
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

rushmc

Rosenstein is and was a never trumper,,,,,,

Even though he is a lifelong Republican, and he was appointed by Trump,* that's not enough to prove that he isn't part of the evil democrat conspiracy?

So in your mind, Rush, only Devin Nunes who fundraised for Trump's campaign, served on his transition team and is one of his most loyal defenders, only Nunes is unbiased enough to carry out a fair and balanced investigation of matters surrounding the Trump campaign?

Do you know how crazy you're being right now?
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

Dud?

:D:D

Nice one Bill

BTW
I look forward to the Minority memo and the IG report coming in March.

Abraham Lincoln

ryoder

***>Sucks to be a democrat right now.

Ooh, ooh! I know this one!:D

Like a kidnapper's hostage, it was only valuable before it was released.:P

Actually
Many of them are saying is bigger than they expected

But don't let that stop you parroting the talking points
Abraham Lincoln

>Dud?

Yep, dud. Nothing new was revealed by the memo, and nothing in the memo "saves Trump" or anything like that. It's a dud, and not all the screaming and yelling in the world will change that.

It's interesting that even within the White House there was a lot of fear that it would be a dud. Looks like those fears have been realized.

billvon

>Dud?

Yep, dud. Nothing new was revealed by the memo, and nothing in the memo "saves Trump" or anything like that. It's a dud, and not all the screaming and yelling in the world will change that.

It's interesting that even within the White House there was a lot of fear that it would be a dud. Looks like those fears have been realized.

Keep trying Bill:D

The best reporting I am seeing right now is on CNN Wolf Blitzer!
Abraham Lincoln

>The best reporting I am seeing right now is on CNN Wolf Blitzer!

Let's see what Wolf is saying! From his show, discussing what former CIA director John Brennan said:

" 'I had many fights with Congressional Dems, Democrats, over the years on national security matters. But I never witnessed the type of reckless partisan behavior I am now seeing from Nunes and House Republicans. Absence of moral and ethical leadership is why it’s fueling this government crisis.' Let me repeat that. 'Absence of moral and ethical leadership in the White House is fueling this government crisis.' Those are serious, serious words."

You're right; good reporting.