2 2
billvon

Russiagate

28 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

Most women I know lie about their age and their weight.

Some skydivers I know lie about their jump numbers and embellish their jump stories.

I have witnessed a lot of people exaggerate.  (Gasp) even me!!!

Who fuckin' cares?  Or are you all really all that desperate to find SOMETHING to complain about?  Has your Gotcha ammo run out and this is what you are left with?

How about we pay attention to something important, like Lying to congress, or Embezzlement, or Infringement of rights . . .  

Lying to the bank on a loan application to fool them is generally considered fraud. Maybe not if you can afford to buy your own Attorney General though.

4 minutes ago, gowlerk said:

Lying to the bank on a loan application to fool them is generally considered fraud. Maybe not if you can afford to buy your own Attorney General though.

For most people, paying yourself a huge salary that ends up bankrupting the company is considered "Embezzlement" too. 
For a government official to 'punish' someone for speaking out by denying them a security clearance that's worth considerable money in terms of future employment and salary is a pretty clear 'infringement of rights.
The Mango Mussolini has yet to speak to Congress under oath, so he hasn't had a chance to lie to them yet. Considering the lies that come out every time he opens his mouth, I highly doubt he'll ever testify under oath.

46 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

Some skydivers I know lie about their jump numbers and embellish their jump stories.

I have witnessed a lot of people exaggerate.  (Gasp) even me!!!

Who fuckin' cares?  Or are you all really all that desperate to find SOMETHING to complain about?  Has your Gotcha ammo run out and this is what you are left with?

How about we pay attention to something important, like Lying to congress, or Embezzlement, or Infringement of rights . . .  

Lying about your age and weight during an application for health insurance would actually be very serious, even if loads of people do it in normal conversation.

Lying about your jump numbers to get an instructor rating would actually be very serious, even if loads of people do it around the bar on Saturday evening. 

Lying about out your assets to a bank you’re doing business with... do you see where I’m going here?

17 minutes ago, wolfriverjoe said:

The Mango Mussolini has yet to speak to Congress under oath, so he hasn't had a chance to lie to them yet. Considering the lies that come out every time he opens his mouth, I highly doubt he'll ever testify under oath.

I was listening to the radio today, they were talking about Barr and whether he lied and whether that meant legal action against him.  I gauran-fucking-tee you that there's a room full of people right now figuring out how to get Trump to go under oath in testimony about what Barr said.

3 hours ago, turtlespeed said:

The "moral" right is now defending lying to get what you want.

1 hour ago, DJL said:
2 hours ago, wolfriverjoe said:

I was listening to the radio today, they were talking about Barr and whether he lied and whether that meant legal action against him.  I gauran-fucking-tee you that there's a room full of people right now figuring out how to get Trump to go under oath in testimony about what Barr said.

For fuck's sake man, they really need to shit or get off the pot, because this is getting ridiculous.  You hear about all the 10,000 lies, and the shady business deals, and the prostitutes, and that he's a racist, a xenophobe, a Hitler, a Mussolini.  You hear about all the indictments, the convictions, the guilty pleas, a 2-year investigation, and then you hear about sitting president and how he can't be indicted and how you have to prove intent and blah, blah, blah bullshit.  Now we're talking about a bunch of guys crammed in some smokey room somewhere trying to figure out how to get him!

It was found out in January 1998 that Clinton got a blowjob, and by December he was being fucking impeached.

I mean, are the Democrats that fucking stupid, or is Trump's team that smart?  Because it's starting to look like he actually did hire the best people.  The best people to take the fall and allow him to do whatever the fuck he wants, whenever the fuck he wants, just like he has his entire life.

And the Dems aren't going to do shit about it except piss and moan ad nauseam just like they always do.  Maybe they'll wake up once he gets re-elected.

4 minutes ago, Coreece said:

It was found out in January 1998 that Clinton got a blowjob, and by December he was being fucking impeached.

I mean, are the Democrats that fucking stupid, or is Trump's team that smart?  Because it's starting to look like he actually did hire the best people. 

Fucking golden.

1 minute ago, DJL said:
6 minutes ago, Coreece said:

I mean, are the Democrats that fucking stupid, or is Trump's team that smart?  Because it's starting to look like he actually did hire the best people. 

Fucking golden.

If you included the context in your selective quote, I'd agree.

(edited)
10 minutes ago, Coreece said:

If you included the context in your selective quote, I'd agree.

I'm with you on the shit or get off the pot approach to this and I'm saying they should get off the pot and take it into elections.

Now to be fair to the D's, they didn't hold the House until recently so if they had brought up proceedings and they got voted down then that would be the end of the matter.  The R's DID hold the House in Clinton's term so there was nothing stopping them, all they had to do was file and go and fill in the details later.

So, since we know this is all about politics I say bring that energy into the elections.  If he's impeached then D's feel like they got their job done and R's are pissed.  When Clinton was impeached the R's lost many seats and that would likely happen again while at the same time now the R's can hand pick a centrist President to run in this election.

Edited by DJL

1 hour ago, DJL said:

I'm with you on the shit or get off the pot approach to this and I'm saying they should get off the pot and take it into elections.

Now to be fair to the D's, they didn't hold the House until recently so if they had brought up proceedings and they got voted down then that would be the end of the matter.  The R's DID hold the House in Clinton's term so there was nothing stopping them, all they had to do was file and go and fill in the details later.

So, since we know this is all about politics I say bring that energy into the elections.  If he's impeached then D's feel like they got their job done and R's are pissed.  When Clinton was impeached the R's lost many seats and that would likely happen again while at the same time now the R's can hand pick a centrist President to run in this election.

I don't disagree with any of this - 

I'll add that the media will not let this happen though.

1 minute ago, turtlespeed said:

I don't disagree with any of this - 

I'll add that the media will not let this happen though.

The Democrat politicians I have on my FB feed echo your sentiment in their statements.  I really hope they're not dumb enough to go through with impeachment and are just playing to the crowd to for the purposes of the election.  If they're smart they'll create some sort of campaign where they make people feel empowered by voting him out.

3 minutes ago, DJL said:

If they're smart they'll create some sort of campaign where they make people feel empowered by voting him out.

They need a way to make Republicans/conservatives/evangelicals feel empowered by voting him out.  I don't know. Good luck.

29 minutes ago, Coreece said:

Republicans/conservatives/evangelicals feel empowered by voting him out.  I don't know. Good luck.

This!

The crowd that was upset about Dijon mustard and a selfie stick being unpresidential are now bending backwards to justify any behaviour as presidential.

(edited)
On 5/3/2019 at 6:47 PM, rushmc said:

So - when do you think there will be a retraction from all of those that said Trump was paranoid, and whatever they insulted him for when he voiced his suspicions about being spied on?

Bill Von?

Kallend?

Go Lerk?

Stumpy?

SkyDekker?

Et All?

Edited by turtlespeed
Edited to call you out.

5 hours ago, turtlespeed said:

So - when do you think there will be a retraction from all of those that said Trump was paranoid, and whatever they insulted him for when he voiced his suspicions about being spied on?

Bill Von?

Kallend?

Go Lerk?

Stumpy?

SkyDekker?

Et All?

Please provide a link to any post I wrote claiming that Trump is paranoid.  There is a search function at the top of the page.

10 hours ago, turtlespeed said:

Trump said that President Obama had his wires tapped. The article you just posted contains absolutely zero support for the allegations Trump made in those Tweets. Further, Trump himself later claimed the allegations were only made "on a hunch".

It was, and remains, paranoid and ridiculous.

5 hours ago, jakee said:

Trump said that President Obama had his wires tapped. The article you just posted contains absolutely zero support for the allegations Trump made in those Tweets. Further, Trump himself later claimed the allegations were only made "on a hunch".

It was, and remains, paranoid and ridiculous.

Pretty fuckin' good hunch, eh?

39 minutes ago, SkyDekker said:

Other way to look at it that Trump's campaign was filled with criminals, should that not get looked at?

39 minutes ago, SkyDekker said:

Other way to look at it that Trump's campaign was filled with criminals, should that not get looked at?

I assume you are saying: Another way to look at it is that  . . . 

So Assuming I'm right - then the answer is: Just as much as any other criminal activity was looked into with the other candidates.

19 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

I assume you are saying: Another way to look at it is that  . . . 

So Assuming I'm right - then the answer is: Just as much as any other criminal activity was looked into with the other candidates.

Why? Trump's campaign was filled with criminals. It is highly unusual for this many people connected to a single campaign to be convicted or plead guilty to felonies.

Doesn't seem to bother you for some reason. Nothing but the standard: but, Hillary spiel.