2 2
billvon

Russiagate

(edited)
1 hour ago, turtlespeed said:

What was the fibbing that was claimed?

There are reports that some of Mueller's team are dismayed at how Barr hid how bad the report is for Trump.  Only way to know: release the report.

Not so much "fibbing" as much as it is "malicious withholding"

Edited by yobnoc

On 4/11/2019 at 1:41 AM, nigel99 said:

How was he fibbing?

From Reuters:

==================

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Some of Special Counsel Robert Mueller's investigators have told associates that the findings of their probe are far more damaging for President Donald Trump than Attorney General William Barr indicated in his four-page summary, the New York Times reported on Wednesday.

Citing government officials and others familiar with the situation, the Times said some members of Mueller's team believe Barr should have included more of their material in the summary he released on March 24 of the investigation into Russian meddling in the 2016 U.S. presidential campaign.

==================

3 hours ago, billvon said:

From Reuters:

==================

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Some of Special Counsel Robert Mueller's investigators have told associates that the findings of their probe are far more damaging for President Donald Trump than Attorney General William Barr indicated in his four-page summary, the New York Times reported on Wednesday.

Citing government officials and others familiar with the situation, the Times said some members of Mueller's team believe Barr should have included more of their material in the summary he released on March 24 of the investigation into Russian meddling in the 2016 U.S. presidential campaign.

==================

Some?  How many is some?  Which ones?  Why won't they list the names and/or sources?

What makes them an authority on what would be damaging?

Citing Government officials . . . What qualifies one as a government official - having a government office - or is a cubicle sufficient?

"Their Material"?  Who's material - What is their political ideological background.

The article you quoted looks a lot like they are trying to stir a pot to get a reaction and promote sales via viewing, while being as vague and ambiguous as possible for future deniability.

There is a description for that . . .

Two words - 

I wonder what those are.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, rushmc said:

without going back through the thread I wonder if anybody posted the fact that Obama official has now been indicted in the Russia probe. I doubt it

So let’s get this straight. Mueller indicts how many of Trumps team and yet Mueller is ‘an angry democrat’ Witch hunt etc....

But for the Democrat indicted he’s correct?

So many people in politics are slim balls I’m not surprised someone else got caught. At the end of the day crooks come in all shapes and sizes.

But my question for you is this, if you’re prepared to accept one indictment from the investigation why can’t you accept the others?

16 hours ago, rushmc said:

without going back through the thread I wonder if anybody posted the fact that Obama official has now been indicted in the Russia probe. I doubt it

Funny that it happened when he was working for Manafort, don't you think?  Seems that bad enough sleaze can rub off on anyone..

17 hours ago, turtlespeed said:

Some?  How many is some?  Which ones?  Why won't they list the names and/or sources?

Because they have seen what Trump does to anyone who disagrees with him.

Citing Government officials . . . What qualifies one as a government official - having a government office - or is a cubicle sufficient?

Your best weasel to date!  "Maybe he's not really a government official because he has a lousy office."  I hear the White House will need a new communications director soon . . .

11 hours ago, billvon said:

Because they have seen what Trump does to anyone who disagrees with him.

Your best weasel to date!  "Maybe he's not really a government official because he has a lousy office."  I hear the White House will need a new communications director soon . . .

You should apply. In other threads it sounds like you lean toward the whole "If a lie is well spoken, and I believe in it, It must be truth." thing.

(edited)
On 2/17/2017 at 12:35 PM, billvon said:

Priebus starts getting very careful about how he words his denials:
=============
Priebus: Reports of Trump campaign-Russia contact 'exaggerated'

By Madeline Conway
Politico
02/17/17

. . .
Asked if he could say for sure that there were no contacts between the Trump campaign and Russia, Priebus couldn’t, instead offering, “I don’t represent the campaign,” before repeating that the reports are exaggerated.
=============

Good practice for the investigation. "I cannot say for sure that there was no contact, and I can't say for sure whether I was aware of any."

So Bill, you've been posting so many stories from the Post and other sources that have been proven wrong over and over again and it makes me wonder are you going to be posting the same sources you've used this whole thread that are starting to put stuff out tonight already?

Edited by rushmc

4 hours ago, rushmc said:

So Bill, you've been posting so many stories from the Post and other sources that have been proven wrong over and over again and it makes me wonder are you going to be posting the same sources you've used this whole thread that are starting to put stuff out tonight already?

There was contact between the Trump campaign and Russian agents.

41 minutes ago, rushmc said:

And Obama said to the Russians he would have more flexibility after the election.

In any case this is about to get very real for the true coluders and obstructionists

Yes, the President of the United States often has things to deal with concerning foreign countries.  What were they talking about?

(edited)
7 hours ago, jakee said:

There was contact between the Trump campaign and Russian agents.

Yes. And the Mueller report blew out of the water any idea that anything that they did was illegal or against the public good. 

Don’t you ever get tired of being wrong about your weird conspiracy theory’s? 

Edited by rushmc

9 minutes ago, rushmc said:

Wait, now you want it both ways? 

They were talking about upcoming agreements over missile defense.  Do you think the President should not be making agreements with Russia about missile defense?  Is it so bizarre to want to do this after an election even for the most selfish of reasons that it could be used as a political tool against him?  That's not having it both ways, he didn't say, "Help me with the election and you'll be rewarded", btw which Trump ACTUALLY SAID ON NETWORK TELEVISION.

50 minutes ago, DJL said:

They were talking about upcoming agreements over missile defense.  Do you think the President should not be making agreements with Russia about missile defense?  Is it so bizarre to want to do this after an election even for the most selfish of reasons that it could be used as a political tool against him?  That's not having it both ways, he didn't say, "Help me with the election and you'll be rewarded", btw which Trump ACTUALLY SAID ON NETWORK TELEVISION.

No collusion. Period

Just can’t wrap your brain around that can you! 

8 minutes ago, rushmc said:

No collusion. Period

Just can’t wrap your brain around that can you! 

You're barking up the wrong tree on that one.  I'm in the camp saying his staff members did shady shit but there was never a formal conduit between him and Putin.