2 2
billvon

Russiagate

rushmc

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/jul/12/obama-admin-sent-taxpayer-money-oust-netanyahu/

The State Department paid hundreds of thousands of dollars in taxpayers grants to an Israeli group that used the money to build a campaign to oust Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu in last year’s Israeli parliamentary elections, a congressional investigation concluded Tuesday.

Some $350,000 was sent to OneVoice, ostensibly to support the group’s efforts to back Israeli-Palestinian peace settlement negotiations. But OneVoice used the money to build a voter database, train activists and hire a political consulting firm with ties to President Obama’s campaign — all of which set the stage for an anti-Netanyahu campaign, the Senate Permanent Subcommittee on Investigations said in a bipartisan staff report.

I know nuance is going to be lost on you, so this isn't for you.

For those with the ability to see beyond partisan black and white:

State Department provided a grant for a different purpose.
One Voice then re-purposed those funds after the grant period ended.
State Department did not have restrictions in place on the grant money ensuring money would not be diverted.

What Rush is claiming is the equivalent of the following:

Rush asks me for money because he is trying to help support a sick child.
I give him money, but don't stipulate he can only spend it to support that sick child.
Rush decides to buy a gun to protect himself from evil libtards.
Ron now claims I gave money to arm Republicans.

No but you sucked up the spin that was fed to you

https://aclj.org/israel/aclj-unearths-evidence-obama-state-department-misled-congress-on-the-use-of-taxpayer-funding-to-influence-the-current-israeli-election
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Or do you choose not to believe with the ACLJ found out?

In short, U.S. taxpayer funds were distributed by the Obama State Department to two sister organizations with clear political goals of undermining—indeed, unseating—the sitting prime minister of a U.S. ally.

Abraham Lincoln

billvon

Yep. By Rush's logic, Reagan paid to finance the 9/11 attacks.

With the level of arrogance you show here anymore I don’t know how you can post here being shown to be wrong so often
Abraham Lincoln

rushmc

Why do you keep linking to articles that spin the report?

Here is the actual report:

https://www.govinfo.gov/content/pkg/CPRT-114SPRT20959/pdf/CPRT-114SPRT20959.pdf

From that report:

"The Subcommittee found no evidence that OneVoice spent grant funds to influence the 2015 Israeli elections."

The rest I will paraphrase: State Department screwed up by not properly reviewing the plan and ensuring grant funds could not be used for political purposes directly or indirectly.

No spin required, just reading more than a headline, which I gather can be a bit of a challenge for you.

I see you miss the part where that report states that the Obama state department intentionally miss lead investigators.

But then you haven’t cared about the truth before I guess I shouldn’t be surprised you don’t care this time either
Abraham Lincoln

billvon

You are replying to him as if by showing him the facts he will understand. It is not his goal to understand. It is his stated goal to piss people off. If you are OK with that, then no problem; just don't expect the impossible.

I know you declared yourself the only interpreter or are bigger a facts on the site.

You are entitled to your opinion’s as is everybody here. But you are not entitled to your own facts. Which you are claiming here again.
Abraham Lincoln

I will gently remind some of you. Bill was asked to ban the troll. The answer was that he is not breaking the rules. The consensus was to mostly ignore him so that he would not have so much pleasure baiting us.

Like I recently told another poster. It's on you, not Marc.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

rushmc

I see you miss the part where that report states that the Obama state department intentionally miss lead investigators.

But then you haven’t cared about the truth before I guess I shouldn’t be surprised you don’t care this time either

Because that has nothing to do with the claim that Obama sent money to influence the Israeli election. The report is quite clear that didn't happen.

The report does indeed highlight various other problems, but they weren't part of your claim here.

(yes I know Hillary sent emails, that too isn't part of your claim)

gowlerk

I will gently remind some of you. Bill was asked to ban the troll. The answer was that he is not breaking the rules. The consensus was to mostly ignore him so that he would not have so much pleasure baiting us.

Like I recently told another poster. It's on you, not Marc.

True. At the time I defended Marc, I genuinely thought he was just an extreme right wing person and while I disagreed with his views I didn’t want an echo chamber where only a single viewpoint reigned.

I have since changed my mind, I left kindergarten a long time ago and having that behaviour constantly is annoying
Experienced jumper - someone who has made mistakes more often than I have and lived.

rushmc

***Yep.

It is a sign of the times that Trump supporters think a Russian agent who lied to US courts, and is out to damage our government, is innocent, and an American who served his country with distinction is a criminal - because he's telling the truth instead of being politically correct. Especially given how ecstatically they were praising Comey when he _was_ being politically correct and attacking Clinton.

More moral relativism from the right.

The real sign of the times is seeing those with Trump derangement syndrome think he got elected because of Russia.

That level of delousion is extreme at the very least

Quiet Marc, your leader is speaking:

Putin Hails Sunset of U.S. Global Domination Due To Mounting 'Mistakes'
"Luckily this monopoly is disappearing. It's almost done," the Russian president said in his annual foreign policy speech.
https://www.huffingtonpost.ca/entry/putin-fall-of-us-hegemony-mistakes_us_5bc91ac9e4b0a8f17eeaabce?ec_carp=1353784148340283015

"Russian President Vladimir Putin gloated Thursday about what he sees as the end of the United States’ world dominance due to growing “mistakes.”

Putin also claimed America holds “some responsibility” for the disappearance of Washington Post columnist Jamal Khashoggi because the Saudi journalist was living in the U.S., he said in annual foreign policy speech, according to the Financial Times....

As for the U.S., he said that “empires often think they can make some little mistakes ... because they’re so powerful. But when the number of these mistakes keeps growing, it reaches a level they cannot sustain.”

He added: “A country can get the sense from impunity that you can do anything. This is the result of the monopoly from a unipolar world ... . Luckily this monopoly is disappearing. It’s almost done.”

Yet he also said President Donald Trump is continuing to work to improve ties with Russia"

Why don't you send trump a calendar to hang on the walls of his prison cell. He can begin to "Marc" the days until he gets out!
This is the new version of his 2018 one trump had in the Yellow Oval Room, of the WH.
https://www.cnn.com/2018/10/02/europe/putin-calendar-2019-intl/index.html

“ Quiet Marc”

I do enjoy reading your posts. People who think they are as superior as you think your self to be are funny to read:D

Abraham Lincoln

rushmc

Or do you choose not to believe with the ACLJ found out?

In short, U.S. taxpayer funds were distributed by the Obama State Department to two sister organizations with clear political goals of undermining—indeed, unseating—the sitting prime minister of a U.S. ally.

That's not what they found out. That's the opinion of a right wing Christian Evangelist propaganda website.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

rushmc

“ Quiet Marc”

I do enjoy reading your posts. People who think they are as superior as you think your self to be are funny to read:D

Its OK, don't be ashamed or embarrassed. Its merely a coping mechanism.

Its called "nervous laughter". A small segment of the population do it as well. When trump's impeachment and trial start. You may find yourself laughing allot. If the laughter fails to cope with your depression I suggest you see your doctor.

This may help:

https://www.psychologicalscience.org/news/were-only-human/nervous-laughter-tears-of-joy.html

https://www.psychologytoday.com/ca/blog/happiness-in-world/201101/why-we-laugh

"Interestingly, this same nervous laughter has been noted to occur in many psychological experiments when subjects have found themselves placed under a high degree of emotional stress specifically involving perceived harm to others. Perhaps the most famous of these experiments were those conducted by Stanley Milgram, who set out to discover why some people will blindly follow authority (the impetus being a desire to understand the behavior of soldiers in Nazi Germany). He brought in test subjects and asked them to deliver a series of increasingly powerful electric shocks to an unseen person (the "learner") to see just how much voltage they would deliver before refusing to continue. An astounding 65% delivered the experiment's final jolt of 450 volts,"

A high voltage test, kinda funny eh?

Selective leaks and political bias. I got who's been saying that's been going on?

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/republican-uncovered-secret-fbi-probe-of-trump-after-comey-firing-during-house-questioning
Abraham Lincoln

rushmc

***Hey Rush, let us know when you're caught up on this.

:D
Let me know when you are :D

Do you understand the fact that the money was given to the organization for things that had nothing to do with elections well before the elections were even announced? Even if they saved some of that money how can you say that Obama gave it to them "for the purposes of overthrowing" the sitting leadership?

There's a better argument that you personally fund terrorism by using gasoline in your vehicle.

So now that you're caught up, explain how Obama was going to give funding for an election that he didn't know was going to happen that was mostly spent on other things.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

So Trump has done everything he can to hide his contacts with Putin. No wonder the FBI has been investigating him to see if he's a Russian stooge.

=================
Trump has concealed details of his face-to-face encounters with Putin from senior officials in administration

WaPo
By Greg Miller January 13 at 8:30 AM

President Trump has gone to extraordinary lengths to conceal details of his conversations with Russian President Vladi­mir Putin, including on at least one occasion taking possession of the notes of his own interpreter and instructing the linguist not to discuss what had transpired with other administration officials, current and former U.S. officials said.

Trump did so after a meeting with Putin in 2017 in Hamburg that was also attended by then-Secretary of State Rex Tillerson. U.S. officials learned of Trump’s actions when a White House adviser and a senior State Department official sought information from the interpreter beyond a readout shared by Tillerson.
. . .
As a result, U.S. officials said there is no detailed record, even in classified files, of Trump’s face-to-face interactions with the Russian leader at five locations over the past two years. Such a gap would be unusual in any presidency, let alone one that Russia sought to install through what U.S. intelligence agencies have described as an unprecedented campaign of election interference.
===================

It looks like Trump is terrified of what they might find, and is lashing out:

===
So sorry to hear the news about Jeff Bozo being taken down by a competitor whose reporting, I understand, is far more accurate than the reporting in his lobbyist newspaper, the Amazon Washington Post. Hopefully the paper will soon be placed in better & more responsible hands!
===

The "taken down" comment was apparently a reference to a National Enquirer story that published a "scandalous" story with pictures of Bezos with a mistress. The irony of Trump attacking someone else over marital indiscretions is just awesome, as well.