2 2
billvon

Russiagate

LeeroyJenkins

******nice deflection. actually that deflection looked like it was written by someone who i described in the previous post.....

try again. answer the question. Why does Trump/Sessions NOT begin the investigation to convict Hillary Clinton of the 130+ felonies you describe? She is 'guilty' as you say.

simple question. see if you can stay on track... try now... think...

Marc seems to have some sort of learning and communication disability. Except in crowds, or internet forums, people like him are sort of harmless. Take away his bull horn and he's back to being a frustrated nobody. He'll never be dissuaded from a single wrong opinion because he is finally on a winning team and that justifies everything.

Like Marc, I'd bet that most of the droids at Trump rallies couldn't organize a three person marble game if two of us showed up and also brought the marbles. I believe the best defense against people like Marc is to disperse them: when alone they are mostly silent. Here he has an audience. He can tell Professors they are poor thinkers and then run away with a flag like it's touch football.

Surely all can now agree that it is obvious Marc will never give an inch much less a straight answer. So why bother?

That’s where you're wrong, people like Rush are the people that got Trump elected. They feel embodied by him because Trump is one of them. I can almost guarantee Rush would rather have Trump admit to openly working with Putin to get elected because that means Hilary and democrats lost. Democrat is a four letter word to thes people. Even calling them these people is part of the problem. They have felt left behind for too long. They finally come out of there holes and latched on to trump. The America they knew when they were younder is gone. Trump promised to bring it back. They are loud, they are ignorant, and worst is they vote while uninformed. The public education system failed them, the news failed them, and they likely work in fields that are echochambers. This does apply to all trump supporters, but it does apply the the most hardcore trump supporters.

You are right and I will step back from my statement that people like Marc are harmless. That is clearly incorrect. Indeed, by voting in large numbers they cause great harm. I more meant that alone in daily life they cause little harm. My point is that with the internet a whole lot of willfully ignorant people now have speaking roles in what should have been a silent movie. Given that they already have enough voice and power to elect someone like Trump as President (with witless help from fools on the Left) I see little reason to gift them more.

I actually think it's people like Ron who need to be feared most. They are dangerous. They tend to grasp the rules of grammar and can somehow locate the spell check feature on their computers. They can come off as sensible. They have an agenda and a playbook and they are generally isolationists. They don't care about science, international relationships, social equality or equal rights. They are, as Ron's avatar advertises, holy warriors. Everyone else, of course, are their unholy enemies. Most importantly, they are already organized, have meeting houses spread across the land and are subsidized with your tax dollars. Also, they don't mind suffering a bit to get their way.

Just take AG Jeff Sessions as an example. Why would he take the constant taunts, insults and humiliations of the President? Because he's a patriot? Hardly, I'm certain he despises Trump. His eye was on the prize: the coming opportunity, as the head of the United States Department of Justice, to jam his "Religious Liberty Task Force" down our throats.

A dangerous movement, undetected by many but real, is now challenging and eroding a great tradition of religious freedom.

That's Jeff Sessions announcing his task force and that's what we are up against. I'm also pretty sure that I'm one of the many that didn't detect said dangerous movement. Must be my tin foil hat needs tuning.

No matter if I, or anyone else, likes it or not it may already be too late. With the courts packed with right wingers who have lifetime appointments, and with decades of social progress eroded or destroyed by the likes of Sessions and others, having Trump in the rear view mirror may not matter. Whether or not yo's that blindly love Trump and their own ignorance can spell, answer asked questions, or get their facts in order is probably the least of our troubles.

nigel99

This thread has got ridiculous now. The signal to noise ratio is about -12dB.

It’s an interesting topic and I want to follow it, what I’m tired of is preschoolers exchanging insults. I don’t want censorship, but some meaningful debate would be good.

Bill has refused to remove someone who has admitted that he only posts to draw responses - the dictionary definition of a troll.

This is what happens.

yoink

***This thread has got ridiculous now. The signal to noise ratio is about -12dB.

It’s an interesting topic and I want to follow it, what I’m tired of is preschoolers exchanging insults. I don’t want censorship, but some meaningful debate would be good.

Bill has refused to remove someone who has admitted that he only posts to draw responses - the dictionary definition of a troll.

This is what happens.

To be fair, Bill created a poll/post to get opinions on the matter. At the time I voted that keeping diversity was worth the price of a little trolling.

I’m genuinely interested in the views of Trump supporters and without them the value of this thread would be diminished. That said deliberately being obtuse, people responding to and trying to get rational answers from someone who clearly has no interest simply create noise.

Personally I think we are due a couple of timeouts if people aren’t going to self police. Yes a good few of the posts make you want to bang your head against the wall as it would be less painful, but if people can resist taking the bait, we can hope that behaviour dies down.

I’m interested enough in American politics to follow the odd mainstream news report that hits international media, and to follow on Speakers Corner. I’m not passionate about it though and considering Trump is almost universally seen as an incompetent fool outside of the USA, I actually really enjoy hearing views of people who support him, which is what some of speakers corner provides
Experienced jumper - someone who has made mistakes more often than I have and lived.

rushmc

Unfortunately we have the biggest group of dumb Americans that think intellectualism is bad.

I stopped reading your post at this point. I hope you enjoy your alternate world.

Those came from trump tweets. Trump literally tweeted it. I don’t watch cable news. I don’t even have cable.

Alternate world? You don't believe that America in general is anti-intalectual?

I asked you for your opinion on something. You don’t even need to use talking points or alternative facts. It’s your opinion, or are you incapable of that and your waiting for trump to tell you what to say?

I know you probably won’t answer. I’m way out of your league. Sticking your fingers in your ears and acreaming lalalalalalala is probably the easiest thing for you to do.

nigel99

******This thread has got ridiculous now. The signal to noise ratio is about -12dB.

This is what happens.

To be fair, Bill created a poll/post to get opinions on the matter. At the time I voted that keeping diversity was worth the price of a little trolling.

I’m genuinely interested in the views of Trump supporters and without them the value of this thread would be diminished. That said deliberately being obtuse, people responding to and trying to get rational answers from someone who clearly has no interest simply create noise.

Personally I think we are due a couple of timeouts if people aren’t going to self police. Yes a good few of the posts make you want to bang your head against the wall as it would be less painful, but if people can resist taking the bait, we can hope that behaviour dies down.

I’m interested enough in American politics to follow the odd mainstream news report that hits international media, and to follow on Speakers Corner. I’m not passionate about it though and considering Trump is almost universally seen as an incompetent fool outside of the USA, I actually really enjoy hearing views of people who support him, which is what some of speakers corner provides

I typed up a few nice posts for Rush, he is just incapable of intelligent conversation.

JoeWeber

I actually think it's people like Ron who need to be feared most. They are dangerous. They tend to grasp the rules of grammar and can somehow locate the spell check feature on their computers. They can come off as sensible. They have an agenda and a playbook and they are generally isolationists. They don't care about science, international relationships, social equality or equal rights. They are, as Ron's avatar advertises, holy warriors. Everyone else, of course, are their unholy enemies. Most importantly, they are already organized, have meeting houses spread across the land and are subsidized with your tax dollars. Also, they don't mind suffering a bit to get their way.

You give me too much power.

Ephesians 6:
12 For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places.

I am simply one of the watchmen on the wall.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

yoink

***This thread has got ridiculous now. The signal to noise ratio is about -12dB.

This is what happens.

If people would stop responding to him as if he is going to engage in a meaningful way, if people would stop asking him thoughtful intelligent questions, expecting anything more than a "Nuh-Uhhhhh" in response, then the S/N ratio would become much more reasonable.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

I’m most likely to respond to people with whom I disagree, where I can see points to understand the disagreement. Not to convince, but more either to understand, or just open up the possibility that the pat answer isn’t the only one. Seems to work.

It’s not fun to read rabid posts that ignore reality or likelihood from either side. Some of the “he’s going down”’ posts now don’t sound much different from the “she’s going down” ones; it’s just the approach.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

JoeWeber

Just take AG Jeff Sessions as an example. Why would he take the constant taunts, insults and humiliations of the President? Because he's a patriot? Hardly, I'm certain he despises Trump. His eye was on the prize: the coming opportunity, as the head of the United States Department of Justice, to jam his "Religious Liberty Task Force" down our throats.

A dangerous movement, undetected by many but real, is now challenging and eroding a great tradition of religious freedom.

That's Jeff Sessions announcing his task force and that's what we are up against. I'm also pretty sure that I'm one of the many that didn't detect said dangerous movement. Must be my tin foil hat needs tuning.

No matter if I, or anyone else, likes it or not it may already be too late. With the courts packed with right wingers who have lifetime appointments, and with decades of social progress eroded or destroyed by the likes of Sessions and others, having Trump in the rear view mirror may not matter. Whether or not yo's that blindly love Trump and their own ignorance can spell, answer asked questions, or get their facts in order is probably the least of our troubles.

Don't forget Jeff Sessions stood up to trump re Mueller. Give America credit. The time of trump will end and the pendulum will swing the other way.

IMO this is a wake up call. Politically active concerned citizens will answer the call for equality and justice. The democrats have seen a wave of women, gays, Muslim women, etc. All entering politics. Hopefully the pendulum will not swing the other way too far, or too fast.

Phil1111

Don't forget Jeff Sessions stood up to trump re Mueller.

He did do that. Perhaps his motives were honorable; perhaps Sessions envisions greater opportunity as AG under President Pence than President Trump.
Math tutoring available. Only $6! per hour! First lesson: Factorials!

Phil1111

Don't forget Jeff Sessions stood up to trump re Mueller. Give America credit. The time of trump will end and the pendulum will swing the other way.

IMO this is a wake up call. Politically active concerned citizens will answer the call for equality and justice. The democrats have seen a wave of women, gays, Muslim women, etc. All entering politics. Hopefully the pendulum will not swing the other way too far, or too fast.

Sure thing, everyone will come to their senses and not vote for the next Jill Stein. Those folks are more responsible for Trump as President than the Russians or Hillary's many faults, I believe. Then there are also the folks who didn't want Trump but didn't vote for Hillary because she had it in the bag nationally or in their state or because FUN! We might have had a better shot at fixing the electoral college ridiculousness if she had won the popular vote by a few million more. There would be a number, right?

If naught else we still have geologic time to fall back on, that's longer than lifetime appointments. Or maybe space aliens will turn Mar-a-Lago into a scorched spot as a wake up call. Take that, you knuckleheads! And by the by when is the next season of Deadwood?

I think it's too glib to wait on a pendulum swing when innocent lives are being hammered during their one lifetime. Right wing authoritarianism is ascendant worldwide. Every one of those places is a place of wide income disparity and civil oppression. It's not about not giving America credit, it's about the law of large numbers. In this case it's that we have such a large number of dipsey-doodles with voter registration cards.

I'm open to changing that. I did a poll and most people voted to keep things the way they are now (i.e. use a very narrow definition of troll.) Thus I didn't change anything.

However, this really isn't the place to discuss whether those changes should happen, because some people will see that as an attack on them. If you like, you can post a suggestion in the Suggestions forum; that will get some less-personal debate going about it and I can bring that to the other mods if there's a clear request for a new direction.

RonD1120

***I actually think it's people like Ron who need to be feared most. They are dangerous. They tend to grasp the rules of grammar and can somehow locate the spell check feature on their computers. They can come off as sensible. They have an agenda and a playbook and they are generally isolationists. They don't care about science, international relationships, social equality or equal rights. They are, as Ron's avatar advertises, holy warriors. Everyone else, of course, are their unholy enemies. Most importantly, they are already organized, have meeting houses spread across the land and are subsidized with your tax dollars. Also, they don't mind suffering a bit to get their way.

Ephesians 6:
12 For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places.

Armed and ready to shoot, too! Why not:...a simple, humble worker in the vineyard of the Lord.....

It isn't me that gives you too much power. If it was up to me you'd be paying property taxes on your Church and receiving zero tax deductions on your donations. If you were still personally compelled to help others see the light, and read them a little scripture to aid digestion, you'd be doing it without helping yourself to public money.

JoeWeber

Sure thing, everyone will come to their senses and not vote for the next Jill Stein. Those folks are more responsible for Trump as President than the Russians or Hillary's many faults, I believe. Then there are also the folks who didn't want Trump but didn't vote for Hillary because she had it in the bag nationally or in their state or because FUN! We might have had a better shot at fixing the electoral college ridiculousness if she had won the popular vote by a few million more. There would be a number, right?

If naught else we still have geologic time to fall back on, that's longer than lifetime appointments. Or maybe space aliens will turn Mar-a-Lago into a scorched spot as a wake up call. Take that, you knuckleheads! And by the by when is the next season of Deadwood?

I think it's too glib to wait on a pendulum swing when innocent lives are being hammered during their one lifetime. Right wing authoritarianism is ascendant worldwide. Every one of those places is a place of wide income disparity and civil oppression. It's not about not giving America credit, it's about the law of large numbers. In this case it's that we have such a large number of dipsey-doodles with voter registration cards.

Well a lifetime is but four years. trump reminds me of Silvio Berlusconi, former Prime minister of Italy. Except trump is far more corrupt and far more dangerous.

Most of what trump has done can be undone. Yes hardship for prospective immigrants, children of immigrants, uninsured Americans in need of health care, etc. etc. Has been done. To date a trade war is the only war he has started.

For the SC appointments made by trump. The story has yet to be written on that. Appointments before have not necessarily turned out to be the political point men hoped by republicans or democrats. Gorsuch may be one of the judges to bite trump in the ass. He is a 'law and order" judge and tends to view white collar criminals and criminals in general. Without sympathy or qualms about punishment.

billvon

I'm open to changing that. I did a poll and most people voted to keep things the way they are now (i.e. use a very narrow definition of troll.) Thus I didn't change anything.

However, this really isn't the place to discuss whether those changes should happen, because some people will see that as an attack on them. If you like, you can post a suggestion in the Suggestions forum; that will get some less-personal debate going about it and I can bring that to the other mods if there's a clear request for a new direction.

I am one of a very few that have not been driven away by the vitriol of the posts I receive daily.

I guess if the rules are going to changed this site can follow what twitter, youtube and facebook are doing. And that is to silence those with whom the left disagrees.

You have put me in time out more than once. And more than once you have done that only because I copied another's post to me. A great example of that is the last warning you issued to me.

I am only called a troll here because I hold to my beliefs and I am not beaten into submission by those who would silence me.

Most of the time what makes them the most upset is I return to them exactly what they do to me.

It seems that because they see themselves as superior, I suppose, they can't handle it.

What ever will be will be.

But those now getting more and more upset I think can see that this so called investigation is a hoax and is not and will not go anywhere.

Also, we would have seen similar if it had been any other person elected on the Republican side.

It is now what the left and its media does[:/]
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

>I am only called a troll here because I hold to my beliefs and I am not beaten into
>submission by those who would silence me.

You are called a troll here because you have admitted, via posts on here, that you enjoy posting to anger people. That is pretty much the definition of troll. I've been using a narrower definition of troll - specifically, one who lies about their motivations in order to anger people - to give you the leeway to continue posting. It makes the forum a more contentious place, but most people (by a slim majority) seem to prefer that to a forum where the more trollish posters can't post.

>I am one of a very few that have not been driven away by the vitriol of the posts I
>receive daily.

Keep in mind that ending such vitriol from all posters would apply to you as well.

I am only called a troll here because I hold to my beliefs

The only belief you stick to is that things conservatives do are fine and liberals do are horrible. Any other principle you claim to hold simply turns in the wind depending on who you're asked to apply it to.

It seems that because they see themselves as superior, I suppose, they can't handle it.

You whinge and moan more than anyone else on this site about the way that other people speak to you yet you never make any attempt to be civil.

Also, we would have seen similar if it had been any other person elected on the Republican side.

It is now what the left and its media does

You said yourself that Trump is different to everyone else in the entire political system. That means his failings, corruptions and incompetencies are to a large degree unique to him. Establishment politicians would not be doing what he has done and is doing, because they know better. No-one else would be talked about the same way Trump is, because there is no-one else like Trump.

On the flip side;
Kerry was Swiftboated.
Obama was Birthered and Undercover Muslimed.
Clinton was Benghazied, Emailed, Uraniumed and Foundationed.

Do you think the right and its media would have been rational and fair to any other liberal candidate?
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

All you need to do to be more liked on this form is respond with informed arguments. Don't spin things, don't try to deflect, and don't just repeat Trumps talking points. It really shouldn't be that hard. But you cant do it, you can't defend Trump without mentioning Hilary or the democrats. You fail to understand that when discussing Trump-Russia collusion the possibly illegal actions of Clinton or any democrat are irrelevant. You want to talk about Hilary and her alleged crimes start a new thread for those. You want to talk about anything other than Trump and Russia do it in another thread. When you do it here you are distracting and deflecting from the topic at hand. You are incapable of answering even simple questions with a straight answer. I will include one below.

Rush, do you think being a democrat is bad?

When someone starts a debate from a false premise, such as you have here, there's nowhere to go.

The special counsel by law was designed to investigate a known crime. There is no known crime. I simply pointed out that while people jump up and down and scream about Trump Russia collusion they ignore known Clinton Russia collusion and all her other crimes.

there's no having a logical discussion with those who think that somehow the only reason Trump is President is because he colluded with Russia. I believe there's more coming out soon. I do know there is info coming out daily. Much of it you don't get. And I don't mean that you don't get it. I mean you simply don't get that information.

Everything you scream about what I do in my mind is simply projection on your part.
Abraham Lincoln

RonD1120

***I actually think it's people like Ron who need to be feared most. They are dangerous. They tend to grasp the rules of grammar and can somehow locate the spell check feature on their computers. They can come off as sensible. They have an agenda and a playbook and they are generally isolationists. They don't care about science, international relationships, social equality or equal rights. They are, as Ron's avatar advertises, holy warriors. Everyone else, of course, are their unholy enemies. Most importantly, they are already organized, have meeting houses spread across the land and are subsidized with your tax dollars. Also, they don't mind suffering a bit to get their way.

Ephesians 6:

You're not the only one apparently.
Researchers: Fear of America losing Christian identity motivates many Trump voters
http://thehill.com/hilltv/what-americas-thinking/401323-pollster-fear-of-america-losing-christian-identity-motivates

The special counsel by law was designed to investigate a known crime. There is no known crime. I simply pointed out that while people jump up and down and scream about Trump Russia collusion they ignore known Clinton Russia collusion and all her other crimes.

This has been pointed out to be incorrect many, many, many times.

there's no having a logical discussion with those who think that somehow the only reason Trump is President is because he colluded with Russia.

It has been pointed out many times that nobody here believes that. You are the only person who claims that. You have been told this many times.

These are the reasons people keep calling you a troll. You simply don't care what other people say or post. You simply plug your ears and go NANANANANAANNAN BENGHAZI, BUTTERY MALES.

Followed by complaints about how people don't want to have a conversation with you.

rushmc

When someone starts a debate from a false premise, such as you have here, there's nowhere to go.

there's no having a logical discussion with those who think that somehow the only reason Trump is President is because he colluded with Russia. I believe there's more coming out soon. I do know there is info coming out daily. Much of it you don't get. And I don't mean that you don't get it. I mean you simply don't get that information.

Everything you scream about what I do in my mind is simply projection on your part.

What do you think the premis of my post is?

This thread is about Trump and Russia. Talk about clinton elsewhere because it is irrelevant. (Also pick one ether collusion is illegal or it isn’t)

I don’t think that. There are many good reasons why Trump won. The primary one being he empowered blue collar workers.

I don’t know if you can differentiate which person you are replying too but I don’t scream about anything. I’ve contioniously asked you how you felt about things trump and co said or did.

You again didn’t answer a simple question or reply in an informed way. Maybe I’m trying to hold you to a standard your are incapable of reaching.

I’ll ask you a really easy question. Did Trump Jr. meet with a Russian lawyer in trump tower to get dirt on Clintion?

Hint, the answer is below.

President Trump wrote “8/5/18- Fake News reporting, a complete fabrication, that I am concerned about the meeting my wonderful son, Donald, had in Trump Tower. This was a meeting to get information on an opponent, totally legal and done all the time in politics - and it went nowhere. I did not know about it!“

There is no Trump Russia!

Even the highly held FBI people who are still there said so early in the process. To quote them they said there is no there there.

But you don't believe that and you don't care about it.
Abraham Lincoln

There is no Trump Russia!

Russia meddled in the election. Trump was elected president during that election.

There is Trump Russia.

The rest is all still very much under investigation and it is too early to say what Trump knew or didn't know.

There is no way to claim that this meddling, which is not in dispute, resulted in Trump getting elected. There is also no way to say that enough people were not swayed. At this point, that really doesn't matter.

even your post here that I'm replying to shows that you have no idea what's going on. Trump jr. Meeting with whomever doesn't mean a damn thing. And when I point out that others have done the same thing you say it's irrelevant. So what's the point of even trying to have a discussion with you?

and note that I said earlier in this thread that Hillary and her people meeting to get dirt on Trump didn't mean a damn thing until they bought and paid for lies leak them out and then use them as information in a fisa court. At that point of line was crossed. But Hillary has been Crossing Lines for 20 years and nobody gives a damn.
Abraham Lincoln