gregpso

so far Trump is doing what he said

Why must we repeat the lessons?

But, but, but . . . emails.

There is a faction of the population which, for all their talk about not being "sheeple," can be lead around by the nose by emotional stories which fit their narrative.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

quade

There is a faction of the population which, for all their talk about not being "sheeple," can be lead around by the nose by emotional stories which fit their narrative.

Well, to be fair, they mainly call other people "sheeple."

I don't seem to recall them denying that they are sheeple too.

Politics of fear. It's Trumps biggest asset (his "trump card" if you will :P)

The simple fact that there have been zero attacks from anyone admitted as a refugee seems lost on those idiots.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

wolfriverjoe

The simple fact that there have been zero attacks from anyone admitted as a refugee seems lost on those idiots.

Not to mention, how much more "extreme" does the vetting have to get? Is 2-4 years not enough time to get a good read on a refugee? :S
See the upside, and always wear your parachute! -- Christopher Titus

Shut Up & Jump!

quade

:D:D Exactly!

This.
See the upside, and always wear your parachute! -- Christopher Titus

Shut Up & Jump!

TriGirl

In other words, you can't just decide to make a new rule because "the majority" wants it, if it oppresses or excludes the minority.

Unfortunately, as long as it doesn't specifically break the law I think they can. And pandering to the majority is a great way of staying in power...

Trump has made his career on pushing stuff right to the bending point of the law or beyond it and then bullying his way past any reprisals. Why anyone expects him to do anything differently now he has the ultimate power is beyond me.

normiss

MOAR god in schools!

Seems Trump is creating quite a legal backlog and every day it gets deeper.

FOOL. Its just all part /art of the deal. Its like trump university. Deny,deny,deny then pay and settle out of court. BUT the game has changed.

The republican leadership and executive has been rendered to deer in the headlights of a BNSF train. They see whats coming, they know what could happen. They can't throw trump under the bus..yet. For now, the band is still playing in the dining room. The sea is flooding the lower two decks. The passengers are still more or less calm. The champagne can still flow for a while yet.

Some republicans are getting nervous. Some have toned down their support for trump by remaining quiet. Like the trump supporters in these forums! They don't see the fatal combination of bannon's ideas on a trump personality. Others might. But as long as bannon has trumps ear. The writing is on the wall. Like church mice. They will come out at night, sniff around and see how the wind blows.

They are intimidated by what trump did to Kasich, Cruz, Rubio, Bush, etc. Besides, in politics you wait for the noose to get tight before the knives come out. Before the trap door is opened.

I used fool in jest of course. Courts, courts, clearly you missed yesterday's news. trump's apprentice has been anointed the chosen one to take care of those small details, like courts.

I suppose its a mercy that it's higher education he's looking at. By that sort of age, the religion thing is more or less established one way or the other, and I suspect universities won't take much shit from someone wanting to push ID, or whatever other cult nonsense.
Never try to eat more than you can lift

jakee

Oh good lord, you've got to be fucking kidding me. How cynical is Trump to do something like this when we know that he personally isn't the slightest bit religious?

Sure he is;
He worships at his special alter every morning;
The one that most of us just call a "mirror".:|
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Given that Jerry Jr. has the reins at Liberty U, maybe he just wants prayer meetings required on all schools.
I'm sure there is no risk of conflict of interest either.

Since we're discussing Trump "doing what he said", anyone care to recall his comments on nukes and his itchy trigger finger to "bomb the shit out of them"?

normiss

Given that Jerry Jr. has the reins at Liberty U, maybe he just wants prayer meetings required on all schools.
I'm sure there is no risk of conflict of interest either.

Since we're discussing Trump "doing what he said", anyone care to recall his comments on nukes and his itchy trigger finger to "bomb the shit out of them"?

Facts
http://www.cnbc.com/2016/08/03/trump-asks-why-us-cant-use-nukes-msnbcs-joe-scarborough-reports.html

Alternative Facts (suggests a brain is at work)
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/basic-lizard-brain-psychology-explain-rise-trump-article-1.2960261

Wow; what an insightful commentary on the substance of the editorial. Point by point, you demolished him.

At least that's how sniggering Trumpies (or is it Trumpeters?) probably see it.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Phil1111

Oh for gods sake. I'm going to have to tune out for a couple weeks. I'm having a trump overdose.

A "couple weeks"? I'm chuckling

This crap will go on for a LOT longer than that. It might just be SOP for the beyond-forseeable future. just switching sides again and again....ad nauseum

it's been SOP, it's just the volume has been turned up to 11

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

airdvr

Blah Blah Blah. Another over educated pundit misses the mark on why Trump is popular.

Yes, god forbid people get an education and have an opinion. Much better to stay stupid and believe what Trump is saying. Makes life so much simpler.

It is also a great setup for the inevitable excuse after the fact: Sorry, I was simply too stupid to understand what was going on and just followed orders.

airdvr

Blah Blah Blah. Another over educated pundit misses the mark on why Trump is popular.

Agreed. trump is working to save the hearing of all Americans.
"The Hearing Protection Act of 2017"
Liberal snowflakes don't care about hearing whatsoever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNu92obgk7M