JohnyCrawford

Trump Inauguration Music?

JohnyCrawford

Time to lighten this place up a bit.

Name a song that should be played at Trump's inauguration program.

I'll start: "Born in the USA", by Bruce Springsteen. Get the humor.

I get it but, I'd vote for Lee Greenwood's "God Bless the U.S.A."
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

Pink Floyd - Money

Money, get away
Get a good job with more pay and you're O.K.
Money, it's a gas
Grab that cash with both hands and make a stash
New car, caviar, four star daydream,
Think I'll buy me a football team

Money, get back
I'm all right, Jack, keep your hands off of my stack.
Money, it's a hit
Don't give me that do goody good bullshit
I'm in the hi-fidelity first class traveling set
And I think I need a Lear jet

Music at the inauguration seems to be a problem. No "real" or noteworthy musicians have accepted invitations to play. Just some game show participants and a few country crooners. Even DJs have declined.

He's mates with the NJ Governor, possibly Chris Chirstie can get Pauly D to back his car onto the capital lawn and blast some tunes on his stereo.
"Pain is the best instructor, but no one wants to attend his classes"

RMK

Music at the inauguration seems to be a problem.

If their transition team had a functioning grey cell this wouldn't have been a problem. Seriously. They made far too big of a deal out of names. The fact is they have one of the finest bands on the planet at their disposal courtesy of the USMC, but instead they tried to make a thing out of it.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

He should have the "Freedom Kids" perform so that at least he can have taxpayers foot the bill and they'll finally get paid.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2016/07/26/the-creator-of-the-viral-pro-trump-act-usa-freedom-kids-now-plans-to-sue-the-campaign/?utm_term=.3eb28809dfb4
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

normiss

Mr Viet Nam hardship Deferral is a dick.

I've worked 3 airshows where he performed, every one of them said they would not bring him back.

Seems perfect to sing for Trump actually.
Good call Ron.

I am sorry to learn that. When I was performing with the Liberty Parachute Team Greenwood's song was a favorite with our team leader. However, most of the time we performed to the National Anthem.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

Before you take issue with Lee Greenwood... You might want to look up his age at the time of deferment, the year in which he applied and why he applied. He had better reasons than Bush or Clinton (both of whom were 1-A & one was "serving").

And know, Selective Service did not give those particular deferments out without good reason. He wrote God Bless the USA back in the 70's as a tribute to those coming home from Vietnam.
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.