Cruz versus Sanders

I don't see anything funny about it. Someone who sees common achievement of public goals as a negative isn't what I hope for in. President for our country. He seems to prefer his opponents to capitulate after he holds his breath and stomps his feet, based on observation of his behavior as senator from my former state of Texas.

Consensus is not, in fact, on the dirty word list. Only in authoritarian societies is one person's or party's viewpoint pushed forward against majority (often suppressed) opposition. And false stability is not a good reason to look back to "simpler times." It's gotten Russia Putin, and leads (generally white and male, or dependent female) to Americans "yearning for simpler times when the answers were clear."

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

So if these two going to the final. Who will be your man in office?

IF - Then Sanders.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Neither - of the 4 asshats in the race, the only one I think is sincere (and I'm not totally convinced of that) is Sanders. But what he's an advocate of I believe would devastate the world economy if he gets his way. Of the two, I think Cruz would get the most opposition from a same party Congress, so that's a slight edge. Though I think the most ridiculously expensive items Sanders is proposing would likely also get mitigated, even with a Dem Congress. I think both would at least be throttled back a bit. With Bernie, you have to consider his VP at some point - because he's old. For Supreme Court considerations, we need a balanced court since judges are partisan biased - and appointments are even more targetted to bias. So that's a tough one and likely the biggest consideration. So even if Bernie is more palatable, Cruz would do less damage (in terms of balance) to the court especially if an Obama nominee gets in before the election...

I'm still either voting 3rd party, or writing in Pinestraw.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

rehmwa

Neither - of the 4 asshats in the race, the only one I think is sincere (and I'm not totally convinced of that) is Sanders. But what he's an advocate of I believe would devastate the world economy if he gets his way. Of the two, I think Cruz would get the most opposition from a same party Congress, so that's a slight edge. Though I think the most ridiculously expensive items Sanders is proposing would likely also get mitigated, even with a Dem Congress. I think both would at least be throttled back a bit. With Bernie, you have to consider his VP at some point - because he's old. For Supreme Court considerations, we need a balanced court since judges are partisan biased - and appointments are even more targetted to bias. So that's a tough one and likely the biggest consideration. So even if Bernie is more palatable, Cruz would do less damage (in terms of balance) to the court especially if an Obama nominee gets in before the election...

I'm still either voting 3rd party, or writing in Pinestraw.

Sander will be held in check by the other branches. He will be the least hurtful to our way of life.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Yes, the circus show that is called Trump is nearly completely obscuring the madness that is named Cruz. That convention is really going to be an event.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

gowlerk

Yes, the circus FREAK show that is called Trump is nearly completely obscuring the madness that is named Cruz. That convention is really going to be an event.

It's like putting the chamber pot at the altar to keep the flies off the bride.

This election cycle is so far beyond the pale that it beggars the imagination. The only basis for selection is which candidate is slightly less despicable than the rest of the field.

That we have Trump and Clinton is bad enough, but how is it that we have all these other cretins and second-raters going for the brass ring?

Again, I submit that it is the presidential version of a pig party, where even a real bowser can look around and feel pretty.

There is NOBODY running that could take the oath of office and give me a sense of relief (I don't count Kasich). The extent to which they all suck is mind-blowing.

What a train wreck. Our karma must be the absolute pits to deserve this.

normiss

"Pray against a court decision legalizing same-sex marriage. (Apr 2015)
Liberals obsessed with mandatory gay marriage in 50 states. (Apr 2015)
Zealotry on same-sex marriage leaves out religious liberty. (Apr 2015)
Most states can ignore Supreme Court legalizing gay marriage. (Mar 2015)
Overturn Supreme Court with anti-gay marriage Amendment. (Oct 2014)
Opposes gay pride parades and opposes gay marriage. (Feb 2012)
One-man-one-woman marriage is building block of society."

he really is butthurt about gay marriage :)
You can't be drunk all day if you don't start early!

Rick

"Pray against a court decision legalizing same-sex marriage. (Apr 2015)
Liberals obsessed with mandatory gay marriage in 50 states. (Apr 2015)
Zealotry on same-sex marriage leaves out religious liberty. (Apr 2015)
Most states can ignore Supreme Court legalizing gay marriage. (Mar 2015)
Overturn Supreme Court with anti-gay marriage Amendment. (Oct 2014)
Opposes gay pride parades and opposes gay marriage. (Feb 2012)
One-man-one-woman marriage is building block of society."

he really is butthurt about gay marriage :)

I find it a little suspicious when someone is all too concerned about gay marriage (not so much if they are out of the closet, of course,).

Legislating morality has a terrible track record, at least in this country.

If Ted Cruz wants a conservative, religious government, I think he picked the wrong venue.

A wonderful place like Iran might be more to his taste.

BSBD,

Winsor

winsor

Our karma must be the absolute pits to deserve this.

No kidding.
"Here's a good specimen of my own wisdom. Something is so, except when it isn't so."

Charles Fort, commenting on the many contradictions of astronomy

Croc

No kidding.

That's one responsibility-dodging way to look at it.

If the majority of your voting public are a bunch of frightened, xenophobic bigots who believe baseless rhetoric, you get Hitler...

We get the politicians we deserve and we've got Trump, Cruz, Clinton and Sanders.

It's a fucking disgrace.

I'm really hoping that the only good thing that comes out of this election cycle is that more people actually start paying more attention to their government and the possibility of demanding accountability from their elected officials. They are supposed to work FOR us, after all.

Well, this poll sums it up nicely: http://www.vice.com/read/most-of-america-agrees-that-trump-sucks-says-study-vgtrn

According to the poll, seven out of ten US adults have an unfavorable view of Trump.
While Trump may be the most reviled candidate out there right now, his rivals aren't doing so well, either—59 percent of people think Ted Cruz also sucks, and 55 percent are down on Clinton. The results offer more evidence that Americans are going to wind up electing whichever presidential candidate they hate the least.

"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

yoink

No kidding.

That's one responsibility-dodging way to look at it.

Wut?
"Here's a good specimen of my own wisdom. Something is so, except when it isn't so."

Charles Fort, commenting on the many contradictions of astronomy

"Ted Cruz has two accomplishments in the Senate: the government shutdown and getting 98 of 100 senators to dislike him to varying degrees,"; Rep. Charlie Dent (R-PA)

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.