JohnnyMarko

Active Shooters in San Bernardino, CA

Bolas

a declared unsecured gun free zone backed up with the force of law is simply a target for the bad guys.

"Gun free zones" should be just that, not just on the honor system. If one does not want passive security (allowing those that choose to carry), they must provide active security in the form of armed guards and searches before entering.

Not so quick

http://freebeacon.com/national-security/72-dhs-employees-on-terrorist-watch-list/

DHS continues to fail inspections aimed at determining the efficiency of its internal safety mechanisms, as well as its efforts to protect the nation.

Lynch referred to a recent report that found the Transportation Security Administration, which is overseen by DHS, failed to stop 95 percent of those who attempted to bring restricted items past airport security.

“We had staffers go into eight different airports to test the department of homeland security screening process at major airports. They had a 95 percent failure rate,” Lynch said. “We had folks—this was a testing exercise, so we had folks going in there with guns on their ankles, and other weapons on their persons, and there was a 95 percent failure rate.”

TSA.......LMFAO!

How often do you hear about guns getting inside airports? How many mass shootings inside an airport?

Much of what they do is security theater, but they are at least searching all who enter.
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

normiss

Obviously I what?
:S:S:S

All you have to do is go back through your posting history and comments about cops.

There is volumes more, written by you here, about how the cops here are corrupt killers, than any treat of extremists.

Let's ask the crowd . . .

Is this not true?
Am I mistaken in this?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

normiss

I've also commented how most are good, and I've had very good relations and interactions with most.
Wanting them held accountable and rightfully charged as needed is not hate.:S

Where did I say "hate"?

You spend loads more time discussing the bad popo.

Then turn around when some extremist Islamic couple kills a. Inch of people and say that they aren't a real threat.

I noticed that you didn't answer me when I asked how many people must die before you consider it a real threat.

I wonder if it's simply geographic for you. If it happened I. Your neighborhood, would it be a real threat then?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

normiss

An insane couple committing a mass shooting as a copycat crime and suddenly we're under attack?
:|

Yes, we are under attack. We have been under attack since before 9/11 but that is the foremost date at this time.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

The Brevard County Sheriff has joined the ranks of other LEOs and university presidents advising citizens to arm themselves and be prepared.

http://www.fox35orlando.com/home/56159307-story

Kinda close to home, eh.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

RonD1120

***An insane couple committing a mass shooting as a copycat crime and suddenly we're under attack?

Yes, we are under attack. We have been under attack since before 9/11 but that is the foremost date at this time.

Wow. Over fifteen years of "being under attack", yet only a handful of actual attacks.

"They" aren't very good at attacking, are they?
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

Bolas

a declared unsecured gun free zone backed up with the force of law is simply a target for the bad guys.

"Gun free zones" should be just that, not just on the honor system. If one does not want passive security (allowing those that choose to carry), they must provide active security in the form of armed guards and searches before entering.

TSA.......LMFAO!

How often do you hear about guns getting inside airports? How many mass shootings inside an airport?

Much of what they do is security theater, but they are at least searching all who enter.

www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/investigation-breaches-us-airports-allowed-weapons-through-n367851

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

normiss

An insane couple committing a mass shooting as a copycat crime and suddenly we're under attack?

Funny, isn't it, that tens of thousands of shooting murders committed by non-Islamic Americans doesn't constitute anything worth worrying about, yet one murderous attack by Muslims and we're "under attack".

kallend

***An insane couple committing a mass shooting as a copycat crime and suddenly we're under attack?

Funny, isn't it, that tens of thousands of shooting murders committed by non-Islamic Americans doesn't constitute anything worth worrying about, yet one murderous attack by Muslims and we're "under attack".

So you are suggesting we don't even bother to do anything then. Gotcha.

I'm still waiting on an answer about how many deaths It takes to make it a threat.

It seems like that answer is being avoided.

kallend

Ok, so we have some christian nutters shooting/blowing up abortion clinics - so if you work in the infanticide field, ya, you're under attack - fair enough.

um...if you're an inner city black, than you're under attack by other black gang members.

The others are most likely disgruntled democratic mass shootings and/or robberies and crimes of passion.

The biggest single attack came from Islamic extremists - they're a global threat, so excuse us if we decide to err on the side of caution, m'kay?
Never was there an answer....not without listening, without seeing - Gilmour

Ok, so we have some christian nutters shooting/blowing up abortion clinics - so if you work in the infanticide field, ya, you're under attack - fair enough.

You have forgotten Timothy McVey I believe...

um...if you're an inner city black, than you're under attack by other black gang members.

Or the local police.

The others are most likely disgruntled democratic mass shootings and/or robberies and crimes of passion.

So you're saying a democracy must accept this level of violence?

The biggest single attack came from Islamic extremists - they're a global threat, so excuse us if we decide to err on the side of caution, m'kay?

This attack cost the number of lives that die in about 1 month due to other firearm related activity.

Excuse me while I think your line of reasoning is hypocritical and stupid m'kay. For some reason lives taken by muslims trump lives taken by other preventable means...

ibx

You have forgotten Timothy McVey I believe...

No, I recently posted how Al Qaeda effectively stole the title of terrorist from McVeigh fair and square.

ibx

So you're saying a democracy must accept this level of violence?

No.

ibx

This attack cost the number of lives that die in about 1 month due to other firearm related activity.

Excuse me while I think your line of reasoning is hypocritical and stupid m'kay.

I think your marginalization of our greatest national tragedy to make some kind of political point is pathetic.

I think your marginalization of our greatest national tragedy to make some kind of political point is pathetic.

14 people getting shot is out greatest national tragedy now?

You need to study US history a little more.

- Dan G

>I would guess that we have larger balls than the rest of the world.

We have such large balls that we are terrified of widows and orphans, and large numbers of people are cowering in the woods with guns, afraid of what the future holds. We are so brave that we are willing to hand over our rights for a little temporary protection.

billvon

We are so brave that we are willing to hand over our rights for a little temporary protection.

Not all of us voted for Hussein.

normiss

It's interesting to know that you support the murder of people making a legal living providing a legal medical procedure to women.

I never said anything like that. Again, your hatred continues to cloud your perception while you insist on using excessive emojis in lieu of your ability to articulate a substantive post - or lack thereof.

Coreeece

All the attacks combined by Islamic extremists since before the first WTC bombing still pale in comparison with the annual murder rate of Americans by other Americans with guns.