JohnnyMarko

Active Shooters in San Bernardino, CA

kallend

The biggest single attack came from Islamic extremists - they're a global threat, so excuse us if we decide to err on the side of caution, m'kay?

All the attacks combined by Islamic extremists since before the first WTT bombing still pale in comparison with the annual murder rate of Americans by other Americans with guns.

In 2010 there were 600 firearm deaths in the US by accident alone. Maybe America needs to start erring on the side of caution here as well. mmmmkay?
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

billvon

>I would guess that we have larger balls than the rest of the world.

We have such large balls that we are terrified of widows and orphans, and large numbers of people are cowering in the woods with guns, afraid of what the future holds. We are so brave that we are willing to hand over our rights for a little temporary protection.

I didn't realize that you consider taking steps to protect yourself and your family was cowardly.

That's an eye opener.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

billvon

>I would guess that we have larger balls than the rest of the world.

We have such large balls that we are terrified of widows and orphans, and large numbers of people are cowering in the woods with guns, afraid of what the future holds. We are so brave that we are willing to hand over our rights for a little temporary protection.

Couple of nights ago I caught the show "doomsday preppers" on TV. Complete fruitcakes and what I found interesting was that they were all religious (Christian) fundamentalists - on the episode that I watched.
Experienced jumper - someone who has made mistakes more often than I have and lived.

normiss

That's the same genius county that still has redneck racial hatred authorized by city council.
You're apparently more of a fan of that area than I am.
:S

They also host one of the largest most respected Vietnam Veterans Reunions in America.

As an aside, I had the honor of jumping into the first two.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

It's also fake as hell or purposly searched over to find fruitcakes for entertainment value. A proper pepper would never reveal himself to the public. I know an Air Force colonel and a state politician that prepare for natural disaster or civil unrest like furgeson. Neither go to church or strongly believe in religion.

cvfd1399

It's also fake as hell or purposly searched over to find fruitcakes for entertainment value. A proper pepper would never reveal himself to the public. I know an Air Force colonel and a state politician that prepare for natural disaster or civil unrest like furgeson. Neither go to church or strongly believe in religion.

Anyone who was a Boy Scout understands the principle of "Be Prepared."

winsor

***It's also fake as hell or purposly searched over to find fruitcakes for entertainment value. A proper pepper would never reveal himself to the public. I know an Air Force colonel and a state politician that prepare for natural disaster or civil unrest like furgeson. Neither go to church or strongly believe in religion.

Anyone who was a Boy Scout understands the principle of "Be Prepared."

I still find myself over-packing even on short trips.
Never was there an answer....not without listening, without seeing - Gilmour

Um, anyone who thinks that the word "reality" in reality TV means that it has anything to do with the truth is kind of like someone who believes in professional wrestling.

Or party politics [:/]

Wendy P.

There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

wmw999

Um, anyone who thinks that the word "reality" in reality TV means that it has anything to do with the truth is kind of like someone who believes in professional wrestling.

Or party politics [:/]

Wendy P.

I dunno. I have never made if past about 10 seconds of any 'reality' teevee show, so I can only guess what it would be like to watch one.

billvon

>I dunno. I have never made if past about 10 seconds of any 'reality' teevee
>show, so I can only guess what it would be like to watch one.

Watch a Trump speech.

Again, I can make it for about ten seconds. Political speechmaking is enough to get me to drop what I'm doing and go into the other room to turn off the news.

I skip to the Cliff Notes version. It's usually more than I want to hear at that.

gowlerk

Sum it up?
I don't want to waste my data plan on that.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

turtlespeed

Sum it up?
I don't want to waste my data plan on that.

Gladly, the headline is...

Michael Chertoff: Stop Fomenting Panic—That’s What Terrorists Want

and that pretty much sums it up.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.