RMK

WTF is wrong with American police?

it's a nice picture, but they only have one of them, and it's just parked on the French border in case the French ever decide to invade.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

skycop

No, they fucking don't. There is a method called deescalation practiced very successfully by Germany law enforcement. We also have IED laying criminals.

Really...............
I've met a few Polizei over the years, good guys, they said the same thing almost every European officer said when they found out I was an American LEO. They said it was crazy and they'd never do it. Mainly because our society is so heavily armed and the criminals have so many rights.

I'm pretty confident in saying if someone was shooting at them in a prolonged stand-off, they'd shoot back.

Ooooo snap. Germans DO have armored vehicles!
There will be no addressing the customers as "Bitches", "Morons" or "Retards"!

Ooooo snap. Germans DO have armored vehicles!

They do. And it's not a problem since they are only used when there is mass unrest, like the civil unrest during 68 revolution. The German government took lots of flack due to how they reacted and policy has since changed.

They are hardly ever used to confront criminals because the sight of an APC would make potential gunmen more aggressive, the German police tries to talk them down even if it takes days, which it sometimes does.

ibx

Cops don't need armored vehicles.
Nope, no way.............

IED's you say?
Nope, no way.

No, they fucking don't. There is a method called deescalation practiced very successfully by Germany law enforcement. We also have IED laying criminals. We cope without bloody military weap

Having worked with and trained with German SWAT teams over many years I am not sure your statement is totally accurate. But I also realize to try to make a alternate response is only going to lead to "hellfire". Suffice it to say that they are wonderful operators who I would be proud to work with. Yes, Normiss, change is coming, and change is needed, as it is necessary in many areas of our society and government. But until then, someone still has to have their finger in the hole in the dike.

Having worked with and trained with German SWAT teams over many years I am not sure your statement is totally accurate. But I also realize to try to make a alternate response is only going to lead to "hellfire".

Thats interesting. Did you train with the SEK or GSG9? The fact remains that German police discharge their weapons about 100 times a year, that's all cops put together. I would say they are doing something different.
If you have a different first person experience, I would love to hear it.

http://www.dw.com/en/why-german-police-officers-rarely-reach-for-their-guns/a-17884779

https://www.rt.com/usa/us-germany-85-shots-022/

RMK

more professionalism from the men in blue:

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/562e9e71e4b06317990f1927

Yes, yes we "don't know the whole story" bullshit. Regardless of what the young student said/did, this is not how it should be addressed.

before police error, in my opinion, there is school error. Why would you call the police to remove a student from a classrooom ? :o:|
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

piisfish

***more professionalism from the men in blue:

Yes, yes we "don't know the whole story" bullshit. Regardless of what the young student said/did, this is not how it should be addressed.

before police error, in my opinion, there is school error. Why would you call the police to remove a student from a classrooom ? :o:|

In the Carolina's.... where I just visited... they have private security police officers IN the schools as a response to the Sandy Hook and other issues. My first cousin and his wife run one of these companies and have a pretty large group of officers serving in this capacity. They are required to go to the same training as regular patrol officers.... and have the same responsibilities in a limited capacity on school grounds in their districts. His son is also county sheriff and we discussed some of the issues in respect to many of the problems we are seeing...

It is a sad state of affairs..... [:/]

Amazon

******more professionalism from the men in blue:

In the Carolina's.... where I just visited... they have private security police officers IN the schools as a response to the Sandy Hook and other issues. My first cousin and his wife run one of these companies and have a pretty large group of officers serving in this capacity. They are required to go to the same training as regular patrol officers.... and have the same responsibilities in a limited capacity on school grounds in their districts. His son is also county sheriff and we discussed some of the issues in respect to many of the problems we are seeing...

It is a sad state of affairs..... [:/]
Yeah these days kids are calling teachers curse words, fighting them, threatening their lives, and damaging their personal property. They sure don't raise kids like they used to.

Yeah these days kids are calling teachers curse words, fighting them, threatening their lives, and damaging their personal property.

Are they? My best friend is a teacher. I've asked him if any kids have ever threatened him, fought him, or damaged his property. The answer is no. He teaches in a small to mid sized city.

The real world is not all 'Dangerous Minds'.

- Dan G

DanG

Yeah these days kids are calling teachers curse words, fighting them, threatening their lives, and damaging their personal property.

Are they? My best friend is a teacher. I've asked him if any kids have ever threatened him, fought him, or damaged his property. The answer is no. He teaches in a small to mid sized city.

It was pointed out in another thread, you can jump 999 through clouds and not hit an airplane on the way down, but once is enough to kill you so we have laws against it.

I can only assume this is the motivation behind these policies
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Driver1

COMPLY OR DIE.....

Yup there is some great respect for civil and human rights and our constitution that so many officers seem to be wiping their asses with

Holy shit Right!! all this time i thought this was America and we had rights. Guess we were wrong, in whose book are you the ass hole if you grab the stick you are being hit with?

Every time i see a cop act like a politician making excuses the standard bull shit line i lose more respect.

If your a cop you should be more pissed then anyone in the public, and should voice that. When you form your BLUE BROTHERHOOD you lose your integrity. You lose integrity you lose respect.

I understand EVERYONE understands there are some bad apples but when you protect your bad apples you become the same.
Every Police Department that has been caught, This is going back to the 80s the police lie and try to hide the truth. When they are convicted (when there is video that they can't destroy) they typically get a slap on the wrist.

If this is not fixed it will be bad for everyone.

Hey, we have our issues, but I sure damn well would prefer to encounter a cop here than those in Iran. :|

There is so many things i don't like about this reply, but ill make it simple for you.

what does Iranian police and however they act which i would bet my monthly income on, that you have ZERO knowledge of anyway! have to do with how horrific the US police act????
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

Do we need corporal punishment back in the schools?

Better parents? i still call my teachers and elders sir or mam i am fucking 40.

Say whatever you want but there is something to that old way of thinking. where people acted better because they had to because they were held accountable and to a higher standard.

Cops are just people they have gotten worst maybe because people have gotten worst.
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

DanG

We your friend says no so I guess it doesn't happen. But for shits b giggles how about you google and watch all the YouTube videos of kids cussing out teachers in class, the fights, threats, etc and stop being narrow minded.

cvfd1399

We your friend says no so I guess it doesn't happen. But for shits b giggles how about you google and watch all the YouTube videos of kids cussing out teachers in class, the fights, threats, etc and stop being narrow minded.

Ahhhh - you base your view of the world on Youtube videos. That explains a LOT.
Never try to eat more than you can lift

Stumpy

Ahhhh - you base your view of the world on Youtube videos. That explains a LOT.

One is not exclusive.

It is a venue to show you these things DO happen despite the liberal claim that it is rare, if it even occurs at all.

I personally know a teacher that was stabbed in the neck with a pencil, because she told a kid to sit down and stay quiet.

No charges, no action except a one day suspension. She had to let the little cretin back in her class too.>:(
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

turtlespeed

It is a venue to show you these things DO happen despite the liberal claim that it is rare, if it even occurs at all.

Who said it doesn't occur at all?

Youtube is always going to be full of the sensational - a lesson where nothing happens is not great viewing. The sensational is rare by definition.
Never try to eat more than you can lift

Stumpy

Who said it doesn't occur at all?

Youtube is always going to be full of the sensational - a lesson where nothing happens is not great viewing. The sensational is rare by definition.

So are you saying it is very rare?

RMK

more professionalism from the men in blue:

An arrest has been made;
The cop? Oh, hell no;
They arrested the student who filmed it: http://www.rawstory.com/2015/10/sc-student-arrested-for-recording-school-cops-violent-assault-on-classmate-sitting-in-her-desk/:S
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

ryoder

***more professionalism from the men in blue:

An arrest has been made;
The cop? Oh, hell no;
They arrested the student who filmed it: http://www.rawstory.com/2015/10/sc-student-arrested-for-recording-school-cops-violent-assault-on-classmate-sitting-in-her-desk/:S

Gotta love our own version of a third world shithole with cops who would be right at home in any dictatorship in the world:S:S:S:S