rushmc

If this is your recovery, you can keep it

tkhayes

I would also dispute that WELFARE RECIPIENTS are the cause of our economic woes either. they are again, and small small portion of what the problems are, not insignificant, but definitely not the cause. they are the 'result' of the problem, not the cause of it.

so take my past post and substitute "illegals or immigrant", with "welfare recipient".

but again you are looking for simple scapegoats for what the real problems are.

those filthy rich people are filthy rich mostly because they sold your job to the lowest bidder. They also shipped most of the jobs out of the country.

the right wing complaining about capitalism not working, then blaming poor people for the issues. it does not actually get any better to making my argument for me than that.

I see.

You own a business, do you not?

I suggest you completely ignore all of your minor expenses, they are a small percentage of what your bottom line is. Let them run free and unchecked.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Company treatment
Illegals - "Do what we say and don't complain or we'll report you to immigration."
H1B - "Do what we say and don't complain or we'll fire you and you'll get deported."

To American workers - "Do what we say or I will sell your job to the illegals or H1B visa holders"

you make it sound like exploitation of workers is something unique and new. it has been done since the beginning of time and will be until the end of time. It is only improved by government REGULATION of the workforce to protect the workers.

like I said many times earlier....capitalists, complaining about capitalism. exploiting workers is the VERY ESSENCE of capitalism.

who said anything about hillary Clinton? I am registered independent, and you seem to forge that i have been a citizen since 2008 and I have NEVER voted Democrat for any congressional , senate or presidential seat.

and you accuse me of right wing left wing bullshit? you know absolutely NOTHING about me.

I am not talking about parties, I am talking about belief structures. The right wing in this country is anti-immigrant, racist and completely out of touch with the reality of the country. And yes, the wealthy stretch left and right and they all sell the jobs off the other countries, mostly because the laws allow them to do that.

But the right wing truly believes that this is good for the country, whereas the left does not believe that, but they do it anyway (again, because the laws allow them to)

fuck off - you know nothing about my business or me.

we pay higher wages. we pay and offer raises above and beyond the cost of living increases, we are doing everything we can to offer our staff a real shot at life. we are doing everything we can to offer our staff health insurance.

you know absolutely nothing about me or what I stand for or how I run my business. and we have real competition and a real system that i have to compete in.

Change the laws and I am fine with that. everyone else, including us, will have to compete within that new framework....and I am all for it. go ahead. raise the minimum wage, raise taxes, raise the benefits I am required to give my employees and staff.....I am ALL FOR IT....because I will survive whereas the other scum-sucking wage burning employee hating vermin employers out there will not survive, but we will.

And we will have a better business, better staff, and less competition out there to deal with.

go ahead....make my employee's lives better at my expense....I dare you.

you know NOTHIG about me...apparently.

tkhayes

Company treatment
Illegals - "Do what we say and don't complain or we'll report you to immigration."
H1B - "Do what we say and don't complain or we'll fire you and you'll get deported."

To American workers - "Do what we say or I will sell your job to the illegals or H1B visa holders"

you make it sound like exploitation of workers is something unique and new. it has been done since the beginning of time and will be until the end of time. It is only improved by government REGULATION of the workforce to protect the workers.

like I said many times earlier....capitalists, complaining about capitalism. exploiting workers is the VERY ESSENCE of capitalism.

The regulations are only effective if workers feel safe enough to report violations.

Worst case scenario for a citizen is they may lose their job and have to find another.

An illegal or H1B risks deportation.

Whom do you think is less likely to speak up?

Where businesses may temporarily gain on the silence on violations, they lose innovation and process improvement potential as that same silence applies to accurate feedback and constructive criticism.
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

tkhayes

Company treatment

WRONG!! The very essence of capitalism is the free and willing exchange of one resource, for another. If there is an excess of labor, the advantage goes to management, if there is a shortage of workers, the advantage goes to labor. As a DZO looking for pilots, should I look to the government to protect me from the unreasonable demands of pilots? Should pilots be able to exploit my needs for their own selfish benefit?

tkhayes

we pay higher wages. we pay and offer raises above and beyond the cost of living increases, we are doing everything we can to offer our staff a real shot at life. we are doing everything we can to offer our staff health insurance.

you know absolutely nothing about me or what I stand for or how I run my business. and we have real competition and a real system that i have to compete in.

Change the laws and I am fine with that. everyone else, including us, will have to compete within that new framework....and I am all for it. go ahead. raise the minimum wage, raise taxes, raise the benefits I am required to give my employees and staff.....I am ALL FOR IT....because I will survive whereas the other scum-sucking wage burning employee hating vermin employers out there will not survive, but we will.

And we will have a better business, better staff, and less competition out there to deal with.

That escalated quickly!!!

Postes r made from an iPad or iPhone. Spelling and gramhair mistakes guaranteed move along,

tkhayes

Wow, Fuck off, huh.
Nice.
Emotional much?

I remember talking to people like that when I was 12 too.

So, are you saying that you don't pay attention to those little added expenses?
Are you saying you just let the petty cash drawer be emptied by anyone that wishes a few dollars?

Do you enforce rules and your version of "law" in your business, or do you let your manager refuse to enforce the rules you have in place?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

WRONG!! The very essence of capitalism is the free and willing exchange of one resource, for another. If there is an excess of labor, the advantage goes to management, if there is a shortage of workers, the advantage goes to labor.

Then why do you believe so strongly that the free exchange of labour should be extremely limited?

What you really want is a tightly controlled and defined marketplace. Put limits and control on all flows of resources in or out of that market place and then somehow gloat about how wonderful a free market is.

turtlespeed

Wow, Fuck off, huh.
Nice.
Emotional much?

Are you saying you just let the petty cash drawer be emptied by anyone that wishes a few dollars?

Do you enforce rules and your version of "law" in your business, or do you let your manager refuse to enforce the rules you have in place?

he sounds like a good and successful CAPITALIST - and a bit highstrung

AND - I suspect he demands better customer service from his employees since he's doing his best to be an 'employer of choice'. I very much doubt he expects to pay more for the same performance the competition is paying less for.

I like the strategy if the employees respond and perform accordingly

trying via legislation to force the other guys to pay more just seems like a sound business strategy - put them out of business. or it's a terrible one if it lowers the bar for performance expectations - hard to tell without actually doing it

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

rehmwa

Wow, Fuck off, huh.
Nice.
Emotional much?

he sounds like a good and successful CAPITALIST - and a big high strung

AND - I suspect he demands better customer service from his employees since he's doing his best to be an 'employer of choice'. I very much doubt he expects to pay more for the same performance the competition is paying less for.

trying via legislation to force the other guys to pay more just seems like a sound business strategy - put them out of business. or it's a terrible one if it lowers the bar for performance expectations - hard to tell without actually doing it

It is being done. Think "unions".

I wonder what would his opinion would be if his employees formed a union.

turtlespeed

Wow, Fuck off, huh.
Nice.
Emotional much?

Just remember this holiday weekend.... and every weekend... you would not have that if not for those evil Unions the fringe hates so much... but benefits from.

Amazon

Wow, Fuck off, huh.
Nice.
Emotional much?

Just remember this holiday weekend.... and every weekend... you would not have that if not for those evil Unions the fringe hates so much... but benefits from.

What holiday weekend? I work 7 days a week.

SkyDekker

WRONG!! The very essence of capitalism is the free and willing exchange of one resource, for another. If there is an excess of labor, the advantage goes to management, if there is a shortage of workers, the advantage goes to labor.

Then why do you believe so strongly that the free exchange of labour should be extremely limited?

What you really want is a tightly controlled and defined marketplace. Put limits and control on all flows of resources in or out of that market place and then somehow gloat about how wonderful a free market is.

You seem to be confused. Best to keep those battles with straw men in your head.

turtlespeed

Wow, Fuck off, huh.
Nice.
Emotional much?

That is a choice you make

Amazon

Wow, Fuck off, huh.
Nice.
Emotional much?

If I can do it, so can everyone else. No excuses.

turtlespeed

***fuck off - you know nothing about my business or me.

Wow, Fuck off, huh.
Nice.
Emotional much?

He had somebody do that to him a while back right?
There will be no addressing the customers as "Bitches", "Morons" or "Retards"!

Driver1

******fuck off - you know nothing about my business or me.

Wow, Fuck off, huh.
Nice.
Emotional much?

He had somebody do that to him a while back right?

No idea, but, I am fairly sure, if there was someone skimming the till, or breaking his rules, he would put a stop to it as soon as he could. Not just let his manager refuse to enforce the rules.

brenthutch

You seem to be confused. Best to keep those battles with straw men in your head.

How am I confused, you clearly want the labour market in the US to be very protected from outside influx.

turtlespeed

Wow, Fuck off, huh.
Nice.
Emotional much?

Job can't take up that much time over those 7 days, considering the amount of time you spend on here.

SkyDekker

Wow, Fuck off, huh.
Nice.
Emotional much?

Job can't take up that much time over those 7 days, considering the amount of time you spend on here.

It's mostly a babysitting job. I can manage our subcontractors very efficiently, and so I have free time. I do have to be on site when any one is working though.

How am I confused, you clearly want the labour market in the US to be very protected from outside influx.

When did I say that? I mearly pointed out that the influx of illegal labor has a depressing effect on wages. Great, if you oun a construction company, not so much if you are trying to feed your children on the wages of a construction worker.
Keep in mind the the OP was about dropping/stagnant wages and an increase in the divide between rich and poor.