rushmc

If this is your recovery, you can keep it

tkhayes

A wise man once said:
"Paying significantly higher wages = higher food prices, faster inflation, more malnutrition in the US."

that may have been said but it has never come to be during ANY minimum wage increase ever in the USA. Not ever.

I prefer basing decisions on reality, not some fictional quote from 'some wise man'.

"Lighten up Francis" the quote was from BillV earlier ON THIS THREAD!

that may be, but the discussion is about the recovery and solutions. and if you want to post solutions, 'quotes from some wise man' probably do not count for much.

Minimum wage is one of the many many pieces of the puzzle to help the economy, help close the wealth gap and help the economy by putting more money into it. Gets more people off social assistance by giving them the money they need to survive, and already proven that the price of food will go up, but not near as much as people think. Already proven by the Big Mac' claims.

But the thread more rapidly into the typical racial tune of 'blame the immigrants' for our problems. I would expect nothing less from the people of America.

tkhayes

except that their children are US citizens quite often. Are you all for deporting Americans? Are you so hatred of immigrants that you would even deport people born in the country with citizen rights under the US Constitution?

How very right wing of you.... You and Glenn Beck, Trump and Limbaugh have a lot in common. Like...being dead wrong.

Well, let's look at this with logic.

1) since bolas is still posting, I very much doubt he is dead. There are a few unexplained instances where people communicate from the beyond, supposedly, but this is likely not the case.

2). He is not incorrect, or wrong. Sure, you can attempt to prove it. I expect you could site statistics and surveys, but all you really have is your opinion.

That said, being that your first premise, the "dead" part, was incorrect, you are more wrong than Randy, even if your opinion won't let you see reality.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

tkhayes

A wise man once said:
"Paying significantly higher wages = higher food prices, faster inflation, more malnutrition in the US."

that may have been said but it has never come to be during ANY minimum wage increase ever in the USA. Not ever.

I prefer basing decisions on reality, not some fictional quote from 'some wise man'.

That's funny.

I suppose you have forgotten all the food deserts that the left was touting.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

tkhayes

But the thread more rapidly into the typical racial tune of 'blame the illegal immigrants' for our problems. I would expect nothing less from the people of America.

You always seem to forget that word. :)
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

brenthutch

Just because you don't like it doesn't make it not true.

Who ever said "all labor is equal"? H1B visas put downward pressure on computer programmers in the same way low skill immigrants put downward pressure on construction laborers.

Far less pressure than having them here as either illegal immigrants or not having them here at all and having most programming jobs outsourced to India.

SkyDekker

***Just because you don't like it doesn't make it not true.

Who ever said "all labor is equal"? H1B visas put downward pressure on computer programmers in the same way low skill immigrants put downward pressure on construction laborers.

Far less pressure than having them here as either illegal immigrants or not having them here at all and having most programming jobs outsourced to India.

Company treatment
Illegals - "Do what we say and don't complain or we'll report you to immigration."
H1B - "Do what we say and don't complain or we'll fire you and you'll get deported."

In both cases the workers are exploited.

Anyone working for a global corporation is going to have their workforce spread around the globe. In the early days of offshoring some companies tried offshoring everything but quickly discovered it didn't work. Most these days have a balance and are using global resources to "follow the sun" and eliminate late night shifts everywhere.
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

SkyDekker

***Just because you don't like it doesn't make it not true.

As I said it is just a matter of degree. Wages are still suppressed.
I'm not sure you realize it, but you are pretty much agreeing with me.

brenthutch

******Just because you don't like it doesn't make it not true.

The statement was that making illegal immigrants legal would have an upward effect on wages.

Even here you are agreeing with me that the legal immigrant is getting a higher wage than the illegal immigrant.

Not sure why you disagreed with the statement in the first place, considering all you have done is agree with it since then.

SkyDekker

*********Just because you don't like it doesn't make it not true.

The statement was that making illegal immigrants legal would have an upward effect on wages.

Even here you are agreeing with me that the legal immigrant is getting a higher wage than the illegal immigrant.

Not sure why you disagreed with the statement in the first place, considering all you have done is agree with it since then.

Yes making twelve million illegals, legal would raise their wages. It would lower the wages of "hard working Americans", and create a huge demand for additional illegal labor.[:/]

brenthutch

************Just because you don't like it doesn't make it not true.

Yes making twelve million illegals, legal would raise their wages. It would lower the wages of "hard working Americans", and create a huge demand for additional illegal labor.[:/]

Ever wonder how many of our ultra patriotic Ayn Rand MAKERS drive the hiring of illegals??

>We're you there to stay for good, raise a family have a functioning lifestyle,
>grow to expand your wealth . . . .Without knowing
>the language I find it very hard to believe they can do it successfully and
>integrate themselves witha he others that live here.

I can point to several examples in our neighborhood. Mainly Filipinos who speak English poorly. But they do quite well, and their kids speak English very well. (Indeed, many people who immigrated in the late 1800's and early 1900's couldn't speak English - and became the ancestors of many of the posters on this forum.)

>and improve your environment?

Woah there. No one said anything about letting any damn liberals in!

I forgot nothing. illegal or not, to assume then that JUST BECAUSE THEY ARE ILLEGAL, therefore they are the cause of the economic woes of the countries demonstrates a level of economic ignorance that is apparent on the right.

There are a lot of reasons of economic disparity and issues with the economy. illegals is one very very very minor part, but it makes a great scapegoat and I am sure that the idiots you will vote for are really glad that you believe that as it allows them to never solve the problem and always have someone else to blame.

oversimplification, once again, of very complex problems.

tkhayes

I forgot nothing. illegal or not, to assume then that JUST BECAUSE THEY ARE ILLEGAL, therefore they are the cause of the economic woes of the countries demonstrates a level of economic ignorance that is apparent on the right.

There are a lot of reasons of economic disparity and issues with the economy. illegals is one very very very minor part, but it makes a great scapegoat and I am sure that the idiots you will vote for are really glad that you believe that as it allows them to never solve the problem and always have someone else to blame.

oversimplification, once again, of very complex problems.

For consideration against your points here

http://cis.org/Welfare-Use-Immigrant-Native-Households

This study is the first in recent years to examine immigrant (legal and illegal) and native welfare use using the Census Bureau's Survey of Income and Program Participation (SIPP). While its complexity makes it difficult to use, the survey is widely regarded as providing the most accurate picture of welfare participation. The SIPP shows immigrant households use welfare at significantly higher rates than native households, even higher than indicated by other Census surveys.

"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

brenthutch

Your facts are racist.

Seeing how this helps create the highest black teen unemployment we have ever seen and the highest minority unemployment since WW II?

I would have to agree with you
Abraham Lincoln

I would also dispute that WELFARE RECIPIENTS are the cause of our economic woes either. they are again, and small small portion of what the problems are, not insignificant, but definitely not the cause. they are the 'result' of the problem, not the cause of it.

so take my past post and substitute "illegals or immigrant", with "welfare recipient".

but again you are looking for simple scapegoats for what the real problems are.

those filthy rich people are filthy rich mostly because they sold your job to the lowest bidder. They also shipped most of the jobs out of the country.

the right wing complaining about capitalism not working, then blaming poor people for the issues. it does not actually get any better to making my argument for me than that.

tkhayes

I would also dispute that WELFARE RECIPIENTS are the cause of our economic woes either. they are again, and small small portion of what the problems are, not insignificant, but definitely not the cause. they are the 'result' of the problem, not the cause of it.

so take my past post and substitute "illegals or immigrant", with "welfare recipient".

but again you are looking for simple scapegoats for what the real problems are.

those filthy rich people are filthy rich mostly because they sold your job to the lowest bidder. They also shipped most of the jobs out of the country.

the right wing complaining about capitalism not working, then blaming poor people for the issues. it does not actually get any better to making my argument for me than that.

You need to drop your right wing left wing bullshit when it comes to the wealthy

And to back that up look up who HC biggest money men are!
Those that kallend bitches about the most have cozied up to HC and the Democratic party

Hedge fund managers who, admittedly, pay the least per doallar earned of anyone

That said, there is enough of this to be pasted to both parties

But the left low information voters do not care to see this
Abraham Lincoln

Anvilbrother

and be able to speak and read English.

I like this snippet:

...the native language of America is Cherokee. Since it was too hard to learn, we just killed all the people who spoke it instead, and then claimed the land as ours. I don't remember the people on the Mayflower filling out an application to apply for citizenship.
"Pain is the best instructor, but no one wants to attend his classes"