jclalor

South Carolina to remove Confederate flag

Yep some actually use it for hate, and some innocently think of it as a historical item from Americas past and do not attach racism to it. Both of those people can go fuck off I hear now days.

Postes r made from an iPad or iPhone. Spelling and gramhair mistakes guaranteed move along,

I've always thought the Confederate flag had no business being flown on public property and over public buildings.

I could care less if people use it on their private property. It's their right. And gives us a heads up on who continues to cling to ideologues of the past that has no place in today's society.
There will be no addressing the customers as "Bitches", "Morons" or "Retards"!

To me, the Civil War is a giant embarrassment to this country.
It should be taught in history class so citizens can learn from the mistakes.
But why the hell anyone wants to bring up reminders of it, such as flying the Confederate flag, or doing battle reenactments, is beyond my comprehension.:S

"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Some people are innocent to the fact that is a racist thing until they are told. My aunt who is in her 50's from Alabama no less brought one poolside a few weeks ago to use as a pool towel, I diddnt notice until she had it wrapped around her, I was so embarrassed and politely told her to use my towel, then I stuffed hers in the bottom of the bag.

She had no clue it was a racist symbol, only bought it on vacation at one of those surf style shops in Florida because it was red, her favorite color.

Postes r made from an iPad or iPhone. Spelling and gramhair mistakes guaranteed move along,

ryoder

But why the hell anyone wants to bring up reminders of it, such as flying the Confederate flag, or doing battle reenactments, is beyond my comprehension.:S

I saw a small one attached to a stick in a coffee cup on an apartment window sill in Amsterdam. I wonder what the reasoning behind it being all the way over there was. I took a picture of it.

:)
If anyone wishes to use their 1st Amendment right to advertise that they are a racist jerk, fine. But it had and has no place on a public building.

And that applies in Mississippi too.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Anvilbrother

And This is the equally disgusting state flag of Mississippi.

Funny how Mississippi is 37% black(largest black pop of all states by%) but voted to keep their state flag the way it is in 2001.

Last time I checked, 63% > 37%

And then there's the deliberate disenfranchisement engineered by the GOP.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

>Funny how Mississippi is 37% black(largest black pop of all states by%) but voted to
>keep their state flag the way it is in 2001.

Which means that even if every single black person voted against it, they could have been easily overriden.

ryoder

I agree. It is beyond comprehension to most. I would never participate. But I can see how some might see it as a way to see brother fighting against brother. But I doubt most or even many would see it that way.

I can see why some might like the reenactments. I just can't understand why.
Hey maybe we can have a Okinawa reenactment?:S:S
Handguns are only used to fight your way to a good rifle

Anvilbrother

I saw a small one attached to a stick in a coffee cup on an apartment window sill in Amsterdam. I wonder what the reasoning behind it being all the way over there was. I took a picture of it.

Its use in Europe is more innocuous -- as a "rebel" flag by those who admire things American, usually with no racist intention or understanding of the Civil War.

Be humble, ask questions, listen, learn, follow the golden rule, talk when necessary, and know when to shut the fuck up.

masterblaster72

Its use in Europe is more innocuous -- as a "rebel" flag by those who admire things American, usually with no racist intention or understanding of the Civil War.

So, does that make it ok?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Anvilbrother

Did the chineese stop using the 12,000 year old swastika after the nazi's used it for their own? (Serious).

I don't know what they thought about the swastica, mr Godwin.
My guess is that if they were using it as a symbol of supremacy, and not auspiciousness, then there may be an issue.

Is the confederate flag 12000 years old? Is it steeped in 12000 years of alternate meaning?

If you use a flag with the meaning behind it as it is, and don't educate yourself about it, I would think it is akin to seeing the nice pretty red flag with a spider on it and waving it around, not knowing what it stands for.

Are you ok with people doing that, say in, I don't know, in the areas of the Coventry blitz?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

pAnvilbrother

Did the chineese stop using the 12,000 year old swastika after the nazi's used it for their own? (Serious).

If the Japanese had used the flag as their own while burning and fucking their way through Nanking, the Chinese may have viewed it differently.

A flag is a symbol meant to show identity - and also to unite. A divisive flag loses that purpose of unification.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

My gosh so much inaccurate information and misunderstanding. Anyone that takes the time to read the history would understand the whole story.

There are many versions of the flag. The flag was raised at the Statehouse in 1962 and taken down in the early 2000's. It was placed on the Statehouse grounds with a monument to the soldiers and a monument to black heritage. There are plenty of black folks that served in the confederacy and understand that the flag is a symbol and part of history.

There are plenty of SC peeps that want it removed and there are plenty that want it to stay. There are people of both races on each side of the discussion. Our governor, Nikki Haley, overall is doing a fantastic job but this issue will take a ton of discussion.

Over the years there have been people and organizations that have made it into a racist symbol and made it into a racist discussion. Most of those people are from outside SC, don't have the facts and are simply pushing their agenda. Let SC decide how to resolve this and it will get done. The more pressure from outside the more resistance from inside.

Here are some facts. The red, white and blue stand for the same as our US flag. Red= valor, blue= justice and white for purity. The stars are the 13 original colonies. Not far from ours today. The difference lies in the interpretation. First it was never a state flag. It was designed as a battle flag for the southern states. The X is the main difference. It represents the south wanting out of the Union after the northern aggression to push their laws on the south. It was the succession movement which is what lead to the civil war. It never had or represented race or racism, slavery or even white supremacy that some believe it did. Simply their wanting to leave the union.

This is a good 4 minute overview of the history.
http://www.wistv.com/clip/11622949/raw-interview-usc-professor-explains-history-of-confederate-battle-flag

The attached pic was sent to me by someone else. I don't know if it is accurate.

The CEO of my company announced today that we're donating $100,000 to the AME church, and a dollar for dollar match for employees. Charleston is part of our community, it's our company home town and where we started. Our company values include serving our community, respecting diversity, caring for each other and doing what is right. This feels right to us.

The flag is part of our history and heritage. I believe it's time to take it down because it's not part of our future. We'll see what happens.
Give one city to the thugs so they can all live together. I vote for Chicago where they have strict gun laws.