jclalor

South Carolina to remove Confederate flag

I visited Fayetteville a few years ago looking for some of my dead ancestors who came to the Upper Cape Fear River region of NC in the mid-1700's after being on the wrong side of history at Culloden.

When you say you do not believe that stone monuments should be removed, the crackheads had already desecrated most of those monuments in the Cross Creek Cemetery #1 that dates to the late 1700's with many dead and memorials to all the people who died in THE WAR. The same thing has occurred in the cemetery in Tampa that my great grandparents and their parents are buried in.
Many of those old neighborhoods and cemeteries that were inhabited back in the early days of this country, ended up in the poorest and oldest sections..... ie the ghettos of many major cities.

Many gravestones of those people who I assume those who broke the stones believe were all evil slave holders have already been knocked over or broken into pieces.
RIP means something else to those angry people who wish to lash out at the dead for perceived wrongs that were perpetrated on their ancestors without knowing anything about the people themselves.... just a desire to destroy what they perceive to be DA MAN.

Amazon

I visited Fayetteville a few years ago looking for some of my dead ancestors who came to the Upper Cape Fear River region of NC in the mid-1700's after being on the wrong side of history at Culloden.

When you say you do not believe that stone monuments should be removed, the crackheads had already desecrated most of those monuments in the Cross Creek Cemetery #1 that dates to the late 1700's with many dead and memorials to all the people who died in THE WAR. The same thing has occurred in the cemetery in Tampa that my great grandparents and their parents are buried in.
Many of those old neighborhoods and cemeteries that were inhabited back in the early days of this country, ended up in the poorest and oldest sections..... ie the ghettos of many major cities.

Many gravestones of those people who I assume those who broke the stones believe were all evil slave holders have already been knocked over or broken into pieces.
RIP means something else to those angry people who wish to lash out at the dead for perceived wrongs that were perpetrated on their ancestors without knowing anything about the people themselves.... just a desire to destroy what they perceive to be DA MAN.

So... you don't really know why these graves are in such a state of disrepair. But you have filled in the blank spaces of you knowledge with your beliefs about not only the identities of those responsible, but their motivations as well? You sound a lot like an angry person lashing out. To use your words. Most likely the perps were stupid bored kids with nothing to do, like graveyard vandals usually are. Around here stupid white kids do this sort of thing occasionally. If it happens to be a Jewish cemetery it's often decried as anti-semitism. But when they are caught it always turns out to be ordinary losers without any real reasons at all.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

>So are you against them digging up this confederate generals body 110 years later?

Personally I don't really care. Sounds like they are all for it though:

" . . .City council member Janis Fullilove asked if the move has something to do with a rumored “$500 million [University of Tennessee] expansion” that would use the land where Forrest is currently buried."

Anvilbrother

The winners always write the history. In this case it's taking 150 years and it's a re-write. But either way the defenders of the old ways have lost and are continuing to lose.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

gowlerk

The winners always write the history.

and the whiners get to rewrite it

so it all balances out in the end - at least phonetically

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

gowlerk

***I visited Fayetteville a few years ago looking for some of my dead ancestors who came to the Upper Cape Fear River region of NC in the mid-1700's after being on the wrong side of history at Culloden.

So... you don't really know why these graves are in such a state of disrepair. But you have filled in the blank spaces of you knowledge with your beliefs about not only the identities of those responsible, but their motivations as well? You sound a lot like an angry person lashing out. To use your words. Most likely the perps were stupid bored kids with nothing to do, like graveyard vandals usually are. Around here stupid white kids do this sort of thing occasionally. If it happens to be a Jewish cemetery it's often decried as anti-semitism. But when they are caught it always turns out to be ordinary losers without any real reasons at all.

It was done in large part during the early 90's.. in what a lot of people called FayetteNam.

I do still have family in the area....

http://www.wral.com/grave-markers-damaged-at-fayetteville-cemetery/13358742/

Unlike cases of vandalism that have plagued more historic sections of Cross Creek Cemetery in years past, families said the damage done to Cross Creek Cemetery No. 5 – the newest section of the sprawling graveyard off Ann Street – appears to have been caused by careless workers.
Read more at http://www.wral.com/grave-markers-damaged-at-fayetteville-cemetery/13358742/#Vq2UaWImY3MhRcmS.99

And
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cross_Creek_Cemetery

in what a lot of people called FayetteNam

Not sure exactly what you're trying to say here.

Nevermind, I Googled it. From urban dictionary:

Fayetteville, NC a military city dependent on Fort Bragg and Pope Airforce base.
Fayettenam, your one stop for pawn shops, strip clubs and cheap motels. There's no place like home.

Anvilbrother

You bash the south for doing the same thing the colonies did but don't bash America for doing it. They had different reasons but attempted the same thing.

Maybe continue bashing the reasons not the acts, and stop calling people traitors which your ancestors were probably part of(both times?)

Do current English people have the same hatred for the American traitors as you have for the southern traitors?

bingo. And the US welcomed texas to the fold from mexico, and supported their revolution. But not the southern states when it became clear the northern states weren't happy with the devolution of powers their loose amalgamation of states was set up with originally... They wanted a centralist governance rather than equal partnership...
If some old guy can do it then obviously it can't be very extreme. Otherwise he'd already be dead.
Bruce McConkey 'I thought we were gonna die, and I couldn't think of anyone

winsor

***The act of rebellion is what?
They were traitorous against the federal gooberment were they not?
I'm not sure everyone understands that word.

Freely joined and freely left the Union. There was never any attempt to overthrow the Federal Gov't.

this is true. if the northerners hadn't attempted to reinforce Fort Sumter the South would never had had to fire upon it.
If some old guy can do it then obviously it can't be very extreme. Otherwise he'd already be dead.
Bruce McConkey 'I thought we were gonna die, and I couldn't think of anyone

skypuppy

******The act of rebellion is what?
They were traitorous against the federal gooberment were they not?
I'm not sure everyone understands that word.

Freely joined and freely left the Union. There was never any attempt to overthrow the Federal Gov't.

this is true. if the northerners hadn't attempted to reinforce Fort Sumter the South would never had had to fire upon it.

Fort Sumter was an eviction. Nobody was killed in the process of ending their squatting.

The Yankees were told to take their guns and stuff and go home. They fired a salute upon their departure, and an exploding Yankee cannon killed one of their own artillerymen.

BSBD,

Winsor

Amazon

***The hero they need.

Do you use one of those at the fires you honcho your guys at????;)

You have to admit, that was funny.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

turtlespeed

******The hero they need.

Personally I was wondering how that squirrel butt smelled and if it helped knock down some of the smell of burning house and if that could splain things..ya know where I am goin with that one...

Amazon

*********The hero they need.

Personally I was wondering how that squirrel butt smelled and if it helped knock down some of the smell of burning house and if that could splain things..ya know where I am goin with that one...

I'm sure you meant "Burning Cross".:P
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun