skydude2000

Texas Whipping?

I had a hard time watching it. He crossed the line in my opinion. An interview with the daughter on the Today show this morning revealed that this type of abuse was a regular occurrence in their house.
And for the record: the appropriate ranking of cool modes of transportation is jet pack, hover board, transporter, Batmobile, and THEN giant ant.
D.S. #8.8

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/nationnow/2011/11/texas-judge-caught-whipping-daughter-on-video-steps-aside.html

Not sure if this has been posted yet. Personally, I think it's kinda sick. This is 2011, not 1950.

Thoughts?

Sorry if this is a repost.

I think his actions will be universally condemned here in SC...
"Science, logic and reason will fly you to the moon. Religion will fly you into buildings."
"Because figuring things out is always better than making shit up."

Having been raised in a family where that was all too common, I simply don't have words to describe what I felt while I watched that. My mother loved to feel Jesus, and beating me and my sister with a belt was a primary way for her to do so. What the girl went through was pretty tame by my experience. I think they should put the judge in jail for a very long time.
We are all engines of karma

Too bad she didn't have access to dad's firearms. One less asshole in the world--judge or not.

The daughter would have gone to jail, I believe.

For self defense? A female? With video proving she was being beaten?

I don't think so.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Yes, but according to several polls here, if this incident happened in some other country, numerous members here would actually support this behavior, or else just ignore it as "none of their business". Because the last thing they want to be accused of is judging another culture, or having to actually stand up against something that is universally wrong, regardless of where it occurs. And if that means that innocents are harmed or wrong done, so be it.

Yes, but according to several polls here, if this incident happened in some other country, numerous members here would actually support this behavior, or else just ignore it as "none of their business". Because the last thing they want to be accused of is judging another culture, or having to actually stand up against something that is universally wrong, regardless of where it occurs. And if that means that innocents are harmed or wrong done, so be it.

Just trying to enjoy what little common ground we have here, John.
"Science, logic and reason will fly you to the moon. Religion will fly you into buildings."
"Because figuring things out is always better than making shit up."

Proverbs 23:13 ESV:

"Do not withhold discipline from a child; if you strike him with a rod, he will not die."

While I know there is no one in SC who condones this this kind of behaivor, I wonder why some here condone a God that does.

It has always struck me as odd, that when the majority of sane people have an intrinsic value of right and wrong, are then all to willing to gloss over the cruelty that their God relishes in.

wow

i had heard about this, but only just now saw the video, here....

I am repulsed !!!>:(

this man should NOT be allowed to continue to Judge ANYone,,,,, statute of limitations or Not..... he is vicious.

The wife too, by the way ,,,,, is a P.O.S.
"bend over and take it like a grown woman" HUH!!!??????. i got the sense that the Wife is likely a sexual masochist......If this is normal , in their household...[:/]

when the man said, (paraphrased) "bend over on that bed, or i'll beat you in the 'fuckin' face' " , i wanted to charge through the screen and strangle him with his own belt !!... makes me believe that More than once... he HAS beaten her in the face....
True enough i AM a child of the 50's and our DAd ( whom i LOVE ) would from time to time, when OUR behavior warranted it, take off his belt and hit us.. But it was never more than once, and never with such malice......

that video shows a REAL problem and the young Woman was very brave to post it....
You KNOW that such "beatings" ... ( The man called them Just THAT.. " I'm gonna BEAT you !!! ) occured before then , as well as likely, After then,,, which could be WHY the girl had a video camera set up AND rolling, before the Guy even entered the room .. That was the best self defense she could muster.... WHY the HELL didn't she reveal that video?? long before now????

pathetic display of parenting....i'm disgusted by it...i shut down the video before it passed the 4 minute mark... i had seen ENOUGH
:(

The wife too, by the way ,,,,, is a P.O.S.
"bend over and take it like a grown woman" HUH!!!??????. i got the sense that the Wife is likely a sexual masochist......If this is normal , in their household...

The wife was more than likely also a victim of abuse and left the marriage prior to any knowledge that this video even existed.

It's clear to me that the wife took the belt from her husband and said what she said in an attempt to appease her abusive husband and diffuse the situation.

The woman has apologized and feels guilt/shame for allowing this to happen, unlike the father who continues to makes excuses and hides behind the defense of "discipline."

I do not have a problem with a couple reasonable waps on the fanny, but I also feel that a 16 year old child is too old for that type of discipline.

I'm fortunately very blessed and never found myself in the position to have to resort to that level of discipline, but any type of discipline no matter how trivial had always crushed me. I do not like to see my children unhappy. Parents should never take pleasure in disciplining their children and this guy was apparently getting off on it...very sick.

I hope he finally gets the help he needs, which is what his family is hoping for.

I pray that God convicts him and brings him to his knees in tears so that the healing process can begin.
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

I think it's hilarious that when the wife took the belt from him that he walked out of the room to go get another one. Did he think that it was going to require two belts to finish the job?

Hitting her was one thing, but his verbal abuse was even more telling:

"You don't deserve to live here."

"I didn't get my lick in." Even though he had already hit her repeatedly, which pretty much proves the point that this was a beating and not a spanking because he intended to spank her but hit everything but her butt.

"I'll beat you into submission."
It's all been said before, no sense repeating it here.

:D:D:D:D
And you STILL don't get it.
:D:D:D:D
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

You guys are all Nanny State, politically correct puppets.

None of you guys ever get a whippin' as a youngster?
Or, are you just arguing about the severity?
Maybe it's the tool used.

Shit. I took worse than that at school with a wooden paddle.

Corporal punishment was a way of life and youngsters learned many valuable lessons back then. Maybe today's youth would have benefited from a little whippin' for being assholes and doing stupid shit.

The problem here is the guy lost control. He's an asshole.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239