banesanura

Zombie Response Team

I usually see the carbine referred to as the M1A1, but yes, it can be ambiguous.

The A1 is a paratrooper version with a folding stock, so not all M1 Carbines are M1A1's. Then there was the A2 which had a rear peep sight adjustable for elevation and windage. And the full-auto version of the M1 Carbine is the M2 Carbine. Yeah, gun nomenclature is often quite goofy.

My M1 Carbine was made by IBM - the computer company.

As far as zombies go, I've decided that as light as the M1 Carbine is, you can have both a Garand for long range zombie shooting with slow deliberation, AND a Carbine slung over your back for short range work if the zombie horde gets too close and you need rapid fire with high capacity.

Moved to SC so you can all continue talking about zombies and guns. :)

You know if you defy skymam like that she will hurt you in ways that men in prison dread.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

You know if you defy skymam like that she will hurt you in ways that men in prison dread.

#1 LouDiamond has been through training that is almost as tough as any punishment Skymamma would hand out.

#2 I got a funny feeling that there was a "behind the scenes" mod discussion that resulted in this.

Thanks for letting us continue the "zombies, guns and Twinkies" (don't forget about the Twinkies) discussion. B|
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

#1 LouDiamond has been through training that is almost as tough as any punishment Skymamma would hand out.

#2 I got a funny feeling that there was a "behind the scenes" mod discussion that resulted in this.

Thanks for letting us continue the "zombies, guns and Twinkies" (don't forget about the Twinkies) discussion. B|

Neither of your statements change ANYTHING about mine . . . She's Da MAN!
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

a .22 with a can would be better.;)

You start talking about de-barked Chihuahuas and tactical wheelbarrows a la Gunkid and I'm going to beat you senseless, Dave!!

That said, I'll shamelessly steal the one I read on the interwebs and go with the merry-go-round with a ton of katanas (the sword, not the canopy) bolted to it.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

So is there a bounty, or bag limit, on zombies?:|

See that mushroom cloud off on the horizon?
Know what that means?

No size restrictions and screw the limit!

Credit Gahan Wilson, IIRC.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

So is there a bounty, or bag limit, on zombies?:|

See that mushroom cloud off on the horizon?
Know what that means?

No size restrictions and screw the limit!

Credit Gahan Wilson, IIRC.

I remember that as a Gary Larson "Far Side" cartoon, although I could be wrong, or he could have borrowed the idea.

And once the zombie apocolypse starts, most of the game wardens will become zombies. Who's gonna write the tickets? :P
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

Jesus fucking decaying shambling Christ not one of you has a clue and you're all going to wind up zombiefood.

THINK, people! Do you seriously believe the undead will be impressed with your quasimilitary rifle groupie toys?

All that flashy ballistics, penetration discussion and debate over hydrostatic shock is so much overtechnical masturbation with these guys. You unload your entire weapon into one zombie, it punches a bunch of holes in it and the zombie shrugs it off and keeps coming anyway. You gotta blow big chunks off em just to slow em down.

These guys are already dead. They don't care about an exit wound the size of nebraska. The only way your rifles are going stop a zombie is by either perfect skull-center headshot or by chainsawing a leg off via sheer ammo expenditure.

You need to get serious about long term survival.

My personal zombie apocalypse loadout when completed will include:

A jeep or large truck, preferably a diesel. The vehicle counts as a weapon. Machete hubcaps preferable.

A Remington 870 shorty 12, pistol grip, 8 round pipe loaded with alternating 00 buck and rifled slugs, preferably Magnum.

.454 Casulls, at least 3 of them in Ruger Redhawk Alaskan for sustained fire without stopping to reload and easy draw for relatively short range/melee range zombiedropping. The point is, when your shottie is empty and theres more coming and you don't have time to reload you burn these off to keep them out of grappling range or buy some time to draw your edged/melee energy weapons.

So you're out of all ammo now and the pile of bodies in between you and them has slowed em down so the hundreds are now only able to come at you in twos and threes, you switch to:

Your ever handy Hammond and Gates 200 CC auto electric restart chainsaw with optional Camelbak fueltank. This is good for as much as 3 hours continuous full throttle zombiehacking if you're under assault from all sides by thousands, and good for several days of intermittent heavy use if you're stuck wandering whats left of the city on foot and want to keep it idling at your side.

In a recent press release Hammond and Gates announced they working on the eco-friendly Hybrid version which allows instant response time and 30 minutes of backup power even with the gas engine turned off, but rumor has it the weight penalty of the added electrics doesn't pay off in the field, where you could just carry two Camelbak tanks for less weight and more available armed-weapon time, even when left idling. Prominent weapons experts recommend sticking with the older technology for the time being and waiting for either the 2.0 beta version or the results of long term reliability testing, citing the advantages of basing personal powered melee weapon choice on the more established and mature internal combustion technology along with its proven track record of efficiency durability and reliability.
u6
The tactical community is still divided on the issue of whether the silence of the Hybrid version is enough of an additional advantage to make it a truly worthwhile weapon to carry. The gas version has been known to attract and alert nearby zombies due to the steady noise of a running chainsaw, whereas the part-electric Hybrid version opens up new options in chainsaw-ninja evasion strategy.

Research in this vital field has been somewhat hindered by the Zombocalypse enviroweenie corpse-huggers who object to the unfair advantage a silent chainsaw grants the user and have introduced legislation to ban its use or require more study and maybe a license or something, or otherwise regulating their posession and use by at-risk civilian populations.

PETZ has sued H&G Chainsaws as well, claiming the new Hybrids produce ultrasonic noise at frequencies found to be particularly offensive to sensitive zombie ears and may be affecting their mating and feeding patterns and/or subjecting the zombies to unnecessary auditory suffering while being chopped to bits.

Progess in resolving the issue has stalled pending studies to determine whether zombies can discriminate between pleasant and not-pleasant sonic stimulation and do zombies really have mating behavior of any sort anyway? Studies have been complicated by the fact that it has proven to be remarkably difficult to administer hearing tests to the undead, let alone get them to sign an informed consent form.

There are also ongoing debates about the safety and stability of the antimatter core fuel cell technology available in the most recent Hybrid models. A study released by Consumer Product Digest magazine suggests some models may be prone to occasional rare spontaneous overheating frequently resulting in core ejection and associated rapid and unlicensed alterations in regional geology.

Collection of usable evidence in the case has proven more difficult than originally estimated. In all such incidents reported to date, interviews with the nearest survivors have been of limited value due to their distance from the actual location of failure and circumstances surrounding their survival as well as their psychological condition and progress in rehabilitation. The one known close range survivor, retrieved from the ruins of a bank vault found on the crater floor approximately 67 miles from the incident and nearly 20 miles inside the blast radius, has displayed evidence of consciousness after extensive reconstructive surgery but doctors have been unable to determine if or when he will ever regain enough function to perform a decent imitation of a potted plant.

--------
Eventually your trusty Gates runs out of gas.
Then you bust out your dual genuine imitation pakistani-made fake japanese Samurai swords, typically available in Katana/Wakizashi sets, usually made from leaf springs.
Because swords, do not run out of ammo.

The short sword is particularly useful in confined quarters combat such as apartment buildings, shopping malls and Gothic cathedrals.

And now both of your swords are either broken or you had to leave the last one in the skull of a particularly annoyingly optimistic zombie that kept coming even after you'd sheared off the lower half of the skull including all the jawbone with a downchop to the bridge of the nose. What was he gonna do, headbutt you to death?

Anyway you're swordless but still in the game. You bust out your handy SOG Tactical Tomahawk and go to town like Last of the Mohicans meets Monday Night Football, fuck yeah.

By this time you're either down to the last few zombies left in the world, you've hijacked a tank someone left by the curb with the engine running and you're now trundling across the empty wastes of Nantucket wreaking total havoc among all burrowing rodent populations if your path, or you just finally tuckered out under sheer weight of numbers and got eaten.

Need I say more?
-B
Live and learn... or die, and teach by example.

I don't know I wanted to get a response first to see if there was any interest. Let me check and I'll send you a PM with the price...last time I checked they were around 600.00 but I don't know a for sure price until I check. I'll get back with you sometime this weekend.

still comes across as a waste of bandwidth even after being unflushed.
which I would imagine is rather uncool betwixt mods.
I smell retribution for a previous 'slight'.
Not a very manly way of sorting it out, yet here we are.

I didn't say nuthin' 'bout any of all of that!:)

Zombies?
They are still together?
"Time of the Season", "She's Not There"

So when and where is the concert?

My gosh!
Per Wikipedia, they are still alive, (or undead), and have two of the original members: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Zombies
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

I like your plan. For a vehicle, like you said, diesel would be the bomb. Gasoline will go bad in a couple years, without stabilizer, and gas engines wouldn't be tolerant of shitty gas.
The best vehicle would be a diesel with a mechanical fuel injection pump. Most diesels from the mid 90s and earlier are like this. ULTRA reliable, and the pumps can take a beating (not to mention they won't break when you put in shitty fuel).
Things you could run your diesel engine on: Diesel (of course) Jet-A, kerosene, basically any oil. My old Ford F-250 with 7.3 International engine (non turbo) had 2 gas tanks, and when I would do oil changes on it or any other vehicle, I would put all the old motor oil into one of the tanks. I would get the engine warmed up on the straight diesel, then swap over to the mixed tank. Even running on almost 25% used motor oil, I couldn't tell a difference, in power, smoke, mileage, etc etc. I would bet you could run almost STRAIGHT used motor oil. This is handy because you could just drain the oil out of any broken down car you see on the side of the road.
My vote: M1009 Chevy Blazer.
http://www.odgreen.net/cccvehicles/4a.jpg
Mechanical pump, gun racks, can hold 5 people plus lots of gear. You could easily put a hole in the roof and mount a machine gun. (happen to own one already, so I am set!! It is for sale btw, if anybody is looking for one)

One last tip for your 870: Box magazines. Faster reloading, higher capacity. How can you not like that?

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/?productNumber=984689

My roommates and i have a zombie invasion plan worked out for the day that the zombie apocalypse occurs. it is also our Red Dawn plan but zombies are cooler then russians. we went into dicks one day and came out with 2 machetes to add to our extensive array or knives and 2 boxes of 30-06 bullets and as we were walking to the registers one of the people who works there ask if we were getting ready for zombie invasion we immediately responded "hell yea"

SOG Tactical Tomahawk

Son of a Bitch! You beat me to it! :P

But, that is one shitty Tomahawk...

Crossbow and a Tomahawk. B|

If your trapped in Downtown Atlanta... yeah, sure. All that jibba jabba is fine. I'd want firearms as well. But surviving out in the wild, long term, after you run out of gas and rounds... being attacked by a small group of walkers/zombies.

Those two will do me just fine...