turtlespeed

Pellosi: Why Work - Everyone else will pay for it for you . . .

She is addressing members of the creative community. By its very nature, the vast majority of artists, musicians, actors, ect. do not work for a single company for any lengthy period of time. Before healthcare reform, very few of these people ever qualified for any sort of healthcare through the professions they were pursuing. In order to get healthcare, they'd have to take side jobs; the classic waiting tables or whatever. The problem is once they qualified for healthcare in this side job, they were locked into that job and unable to quit unless they wanted to also lose their healthcare as well.

Turtlespeed's topic is misleading as hell. Pelosi isn't saying people should quit their jobs and that "everyone else will pay it for you." What she's talking about is the ability to qualify for health insurance in the first place and be able to buy it at comparable rates.

Of course, like I said, context isn't something he and people like him are interested in.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

She is addressing members of the creative community. By its very nature, the vast majority of artists, musicians, actors, ect. do not work for a single company for any lengthy period of time. Before healthcare reform, very few of these people ever qualified for any sort of healthcare through the professions they were pursuing. In order to get healthcare, they'd have to take side jobs; the classic waiting tables or whatever. The problem is once they qualified for healthcare in this side job, they were locked into that job and unable to quit unless they wanted to also lose their healthcare as well.

Turtlespeed's topic is misleading as hell. Pelosi isn't saying people should quit their jobs and that "everyone else will pay it for you." What she's talking about is the ability to qualify for health insurance in the first place and be able to buy it at comparable rates.

Of course, like I said, context isn't something he and people like him are interested in.

So - just curious . . . when are they going to pay for their healthcare?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

I read that far.

I only got a little further:

Are you outraged yet?

After you watch the video please make a donation of $5 or more today and help us reach our end of May goal.

I'm gonna go get some coffee now...we'll see what happens.
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

well thank you for your interpretation. But I still don't see the transcript. Or the whole video.
--
Rob

why is it ok for you to say something like this, but when i say it i get a warning for a pa?

moderation isn't an easy job. Hard jobs are quite often not done consistently. That makes them even harder.
--
Rob

She belongs in the movie Forest Gump!

So you're saying she's a fine actress, deserving of a role in an Oscar-winning movie?

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Health care for students in general (not just creative artists working on improving their skills) is a major issue, especially for mature students.

A society that does not support those who wish to be educated is a disgrace.

This is just a transparent fund raiser with no actual substance. "After you watch the video please make a donation of $5 or more today and help us reach our end of May goal."

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

no actual substance

So they overdubbed her actual words?

Having the old comprehension problem again?

Not everyone can afford the Evelyn Woodhead sped redn course like you can
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

I think what he meant to say was...

Nancy Pelosi = no actual substance

RIIIGGGHHHT. It's so easy getting elected to Congress and becoming Speaker of the House. Even you could do it.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.