turtlespeed

Pellosi: Why Work - Everyone else will pay for it for you . . .

So they overdubbed her actual words?

Having the old comprehension problem again?

having the old avoiding the question problem again?

By the way-did you take steps to minimize your tax bill for last year?

No, did you?

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Damn skippy I did.

So now that you CAN actually answer a question-Madame Speaker say the sentence in the video or was it faked?

Encouraging more American Leaches.

I'm curious if you have a favorite, song, book, tv show, movie or game.

How many of these professional writers, musicians, actors etc. are locked into jobs at Home Depot, anyway?

After all, if they were making money as writers/musicians/actors, they'd have to pay their own insurance just like any self-employed.

COBRA still applies, as well.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Encouraging more American Leaches.

I'm curious if you have a favorite, song, book, tv show, movie or game.

How many of these professional writers, musicians, actors etc. are locked into jobs at Home Depot, anyway?

The point is, what do they do until they "make it." The answer is, work side jobs, most of which aren't don't qualify for group insurance. Even once a person has made it into in most of the entertainment unions, you still have to work a certain number of days before you qualify and you have to continue to work a certain number of days each year to remain eligible.

I do know some teacher's unions work the same way. Don't know about many of the others.

I don't really expect anyone outside the business to understand how the entertainment industry works, the same way somebody that works on an oil rig wouldn't expect me to know how somebody gets a job and makes it there.

It's ok.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Step from behind the ivy wall and spend time in the for profit work world and you'll gain enough life experience to formulate a more varied response bank.

Try reading what I wrote, more carefully, instead of throwing insults.

I don't really expect anyone outside the business to understand how the entertainment industry works, the same way somebody that works on an oil rig wouldn't expect me to know how somebody gets a job and makes it there.

It's ok.

So, why don't you fill us in on YOUR experience before you started making enough from your art to pay your own way.

Who paid your healthcare until you 'made it'?
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Step from behind the ivy wall and spend time in the for profit work world and you'll gain enough life experience to formulate a more varied response bank.

Should have thought of that BEFORE the 'comprehension problem' jab, shouldn't you?
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Should have thought of that BEFORE the 'comprehension problem' jab, shouldn't you?

My original comment was quite clear. Not my fault if he didn't read it.

Do you guys have a Hit "Reply To" Before Reading club going?

I dunno, why don't you tell me your life story including the detail of your financial history, ups and down, medical insurance and we can call it even?

What?!? You're not willing to spill your history of medical insurance and financial status across the web for any random person to read?

I'm shocked!

Let's just say mine is a typical story with ups and downs, working for a Fortune 100 company, being a freelancer WELL beyond any sort of Cobra coverage at this point and yes, I pay for my own health insurance completely out of my own pocket because I don't qualify based on days worked to get it through the union.

I would not have been able to afford to pay for myself as a freelancer in my youth and did go without any sort of medical insurance for a few years out of college. The crappy side gig was just barely paying for rent, food and inner tubes on the bicycle.

What Pelosi is talking about in the clip is the ability to be able to buy it for a reasonable rate as provided in the new healthcare bill and not being afraid of quitting the crappy side gig.

She specifically is NOT saying that anybody else is going to pay for it.
quade -

That doesn't excuse the insult, nor the whining about getting insulted in return.

And yet another insult - do you have a 'Do as I say and not as I do' club going?
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

I dunno, why don't you tell me your life story including the detail of your financial history, ups and down, medical insurance and we can call it even?

I didn't ask for the nitty-gritty financial details - just how you afforded it until you 'made it' in the business.

What?!? You're not willing to spill your history of medical insurance and financial status across the web for any random person to read?

Melodrama much?

I'm shocked!

Surprisingly enough...I'm not.

Let's just say mine is a typical story with ups and downs, working for a Fortune 100 company, being a freelancer WELL beyond any sort of Cobra coverage at this point and yes, I pay for my own health insurance completely out of my own pocket because I don't qualify based on days worked to get it through the union.

If you're working for a Fortune 100 company and can't afford insurance, you're doing something very, VERY wrong.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Move along, nothing to see here execpt another fine example of right wingnut nitwittery.

Nitwits, and the fuckers VOTE as instructed by their corporate leaders. Tea Partiers = corporate stooges. NONE of the "tea party" bullshit is grassroots. They are all AstroTurf.

No wonder the country is headed off a cliff.

Move along, nothing to see here execpt another fine example of right wingnut nitwittery.

Move along, nothing to see here except another fine example of left-wingnut fuckwittery.

Nitwits, and the fuckers VOTE as instructed by their corporate leaders.

You mean like the unions voting Dem, right?

Tea Partiers = corporate stooges. NONE of the "tea party" bullshit is grassroots. They are all AstroTurf.

Prove it - show where they're getting paid.

No wonder the country is headed off a cliff.

And the healthcare bill just fired up the Acme rocket packs, Wile E Coyote style.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

If you're working for a Fortune 100 company and can't afford insurance, you're doing something very, VERY wrong.

Was, John. Was.

People change their situations.

When I was working for the Fortune 100 company, I had healthcare in my compensation package. When a person and a company parts ways, that goes to Cobra and if the person stays freelance long enough, Cobra runs out.
quade -

Was, John. Was.

People change their situations.

When I was working for the Fortune 100 company, I had healthcare in my compensation package. When a person and a company parts ways, that goes to Cobra and if the person stays freelance long enough, Cobra runs out.

Your sentence structure didn't make it very clear, sorry for the misunderstanding.

Sounds like your union isn't helping you that much, either.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Like I said, a person has to work a certain number of days to qualify. It's typical. Ya have to understand where if they didn't do that a guy might get in the union, never work another day yet still be carried by the group insurance. It's understandable; ya gotta draw a line somewhere.

Where I draw the line is when people say other people have said something and they haven't. I personally call that lying.

I'd be interested to see if Turtlespeed can find where Pelosi actually says somebody is going to PAY for somebody else's healthcare if they quit their jobs.

The healthcare bill doesn't provide for free healthcare. It provides the ability to purchase it at competitive rates.
quade -

I didn't read that.
--
Rob

rescanned-makes sense to me-sorry if you can't follow along.
You are only as strong as the prey you devour

Like I said, a person has to work a certain number of days to qualify. It's typical. Ya have to understand where if they didn't do that a guy might get in the union, never work another day yet still be carried by the group insurance. It's understandable; ya gotta draw a line somewhere.

That makes sense - I hope your position improves where you don't have to worry about it anymore.

Where I draw the line is when people say other people have said something and they haven't. I personally call that lying.

I'd be interested to see if Turtlespeed can find where Pellosi actually says somebody is going to PAY for somebody else's healthcare if they quit their jobs.

The Medicaid expansion does that, does it not?
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706