Andy9o8

Brits develop "anti-stab" knife

I though I'd have fun and beat JohnR to posting this. :P
If you click the link, it shows a photo of the knives.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/crime/article6501720.ece

***First 'anti-stab' knife to go on sale in Britain

The first “anti-stab” knife is to go on sale in Britain, designed to work as normal in the kitchen but to be ineffective as a weapon.

The knife has a rounded edge instead of a point and will snag on clothing and skin to make it more difficult to stab someone.

It was invented by industrial designer John Cornock, who was inspired by a documentary in which doctors advocated banning traditional knives.

Mr Cornock, 42, from Swindon, said that the knife will cut vegetables, but will make it almost impossible to stab someone to death and will reduce the risk of accidental injuries.

He said: “It can never be a totally safe knife, but the idea is you can’t inflict a fatal wound. Nobody could just grab one out of the kitchen drawer and kill someone.”

The knife is expected to sell for around £40-50 and has been tested with “very favourable” results by the Home Office’s Design and Technology Alliance - set up to research products that can deter crime.

Now all they need is for the government to make these types of knives mandatory, and then to have a pointy-knife turn-in amnesty program.

I'm keeping mine. I use the point to open all kinds of food packaging. I guess the Brits can use their teeth.

A solution for the wrong problem. They should read the book " On killing". I'm not a big fan of the author and the actual useful parts of the book are probably equal to about 3-4 chapters.

The key part of it(based on several studies,statistics,yada,yada) focuses on the different manners of killing and the use of a knife and in particular, stabbing, is one of the methods thats the hardest for most people to do. Hand the average person a knife and force them to use it against another human being and they will resort to slashing. Obviously, some people have no issues with stabbing another human being, either via training, anger/emotions or sometimes accidentally. To manufacture knives that are supposed to prevent stabbing is beyond stupid IMO and nothing short of someone simply taking advantage of the moment to try and make a buck.:S

"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

They had better hope knitting needles and round files as well as anything else pointy is outlawed.

I'm sure there's an 'anti-pointy stick' bill just waiting in the wings...
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706