Skyrad

How long will Obama survive?

As long as he doesn't appoint Hillary anywhere high in the succession - he'll likely be safe.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

As long as he doesn't appoint Hillary anywhere high in the succession - he'll likely be safe.

Honestly, I think he would have been much safer with her as VP. NOBODY would have taken a pot shot at him. ;)
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

I haven't read this whole thread. I certainly don't want to see any attempt on Obama's life, or anyone else's for that matter.

I was in Chicago Monday and Tuesday on business. While outside O'Hare just north of the Hertz rental return property, I was 50 feet away from the following incident as it happened, from start to finish. I was in a parking lot off of Manheim Blvd eating a cheeseburger from the steak and shake near the office max there.

http://www.suntimes.com/news/metro/1259838,man-arrested-with-guns-ammo-110408.article

After you read the article, let me tell you... this sure didn't look like a "routine traffic stop." An unmarked cop car descended on this man in his silver ford taurus from out of nowhere, and stopped him in the middle of Manheim Blvd, just north of the Allstate Arena. The man, a tall white man, was immediately handcuffed and put in a cruiser that had shown up. In no time, there was a large number of marked and unmarked cars. The rapidity of their response was impressive. Officers tore his car apart looking for stuff. The gun they took out of his car was an FN FS2000 tactical rifle and it was hidden behind his rear seat. I also saw the laptop that was taken out of his front seat. Officers gathered around looking the web page that was opened on the screen. I also saw the plastic handcuffs and boxes of ammo from the trunk. This was scary shit, considering the president elect was due to make his appearance just later in the day. Who knows what was on this man's mind.

As scary as it was, the response of the Rosemont police was simply incredible.

I had my camera with me but pussed out from taking pictures. I was afraid of being detained, having my camera confiscated or missing my flight to Montana, where I am tonight, freezing my damn ass off.

I know this is long, but one last comment. There are some crazy assholes in our country and I don't doubt that someone or several someones will attempt to take out our new president elect. However, the Secret Service just kicks ass and I'm sure they will do everything to protect Obama and will, in all likelihood, succeed.

edited to fix clicky, i hope.

I miss Lee.
And JP.
And Chris. And...

....our new president elect.

I wish that more of your compatriots in this forum could say that instead of the hatred, veiled racism and bile that I see here.

From Sen McCain's consession speech:

"I urge all Americans who supported me, to join me in not just congratulating him but offering our next president our good will and earnest effort to find ways to come together."

I wish that more of your compatriots in this forum could say that instead of the hatred, veiled racism and bile that I see here.

Just because you didn't vote for BO and are maybe concerned about what sort of "change" his administration will bring, it does NOT make you a racist. People who imply as such have on some rose colored glasses.

(there, now try to get the song out of your head for the rest of the morning)!
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

"I urge all Americans who supported me, to join me in not just congratulating him but offering our next president our good will and earnest effort to find ways to come together."

Well Errol, you are pretty quick for a guy from a losing team. These people are just concerned that the crime, rape murder and mayhem that is ruling the "New South Africa" will become their part as well.

Or do you think Mbeki did a good job destroying SA?

Well Errol, you are pretty quick for a guy from a losing team. These people are just concerned that the crime, rape murder and mayhem that is ruling the "New South Africa" will become their part as well.

Or do you think Mbeki did a good job destroying SA?

Whatever I think of Mbeki, he was still our president, which is the point I'm trying to make.

Keep in mind the Lee Harvey Oswald was only about 80 yards away with a scoped rifle. For a marksman, a very easy shot to make.

During combat range training in the Marines I has able to hit the stick held by another Marine that was holding the target at 100 yards with an normally sighted M16. And I'm no Carlos Hathcock.

Funny that you mention this, but times have changed and new security mesures implimented since JFK....and I have first hand knowledge of this..

In May I was on a parachute demonstration at Fort Bragg, where Pres Bush was the guest speaker. My team was to jump in front of him. After the jump I was to present a wooden Baton to Pres Bush. Now the preperation for this event were extravagent. SS was there the week prior, going over security issues with MPs, determining routes for the Pres. My team since we were to be air inserted into the secure area of the Pres, we were insepcted prior to boarding the aircraft by EOD and also had a SS member on the chopper with us. NOT to mention that even though the public was allowed to attend there were metal detectors, dogs sniffing people out and no cars in or out for a 8 block radious...SO..no longer can u be an amature with a hunting rifel expecting a get a good shot.
"Professor of Pimpology"~~~Bolas

Kinda erie his terms ends at the end of the Mayan Calendar huh..

No more erie than the idea that Clinton's last term ended at the close of a century during predictions that the modern world would melt down when the last three digits on the year portion of a digital clock rolled over to all zeros :S

Jeez.... not enough punctuation in that...

Too many drama queens.
Owned by Remi #?

Thank you. I do see him as my president, as our president. I didn't vote for him and I disagree with many -most- of what he stands for. However, what he has accomplished is impressive and he has earned my respect.

I no longer want to contribute to the corrosive public square, like so many others, that has torn down our country for so long with talk that belittles our public servants and members of their respective political parties. It does nothing to effect change in our country. We should all raise the tone.

I miss Lee.
And JP.
And Chris. And...

you did not have the option in your survey

He will be re-elected

Will not take much to demonstrate success and as the dinosaurs die out the next vote will show a majority of even more than the current 8+ million.

The winner of this election was the candidate that showed intelligence and the greatest potential for leadership.

McCain lost the day the republicans forced palin on him -- the demographics of this country do not want creationism, book burning, or a vice president that makes quayle appear as an intellect.

McCain lost the day the republicans forced palin on him -- the demographics of this country do not want creationism, book burning, or a vice president that makes quayle appear as an intellect.

I doubt the GOP forced her on him, quite the opposite in fact.

Dunno. I have a feeling that what McCain had to to in order to win the Republican nomination was not the real McCain. But then, once he had the nomination, and their money, had kinda sorta had to play by their rules. That wasn't the kind of campaign I'd've expected him to run overall. Whether he picked her, or they picked her for them, I think it was clearly a "strategic" pick for the election, rather than a qualification pick for the job.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

the pick was clearly 'strategery,' but poorly executed. He did minimal vetting, met her briefly, and made an offer. Of course she accepted - no one would decline the opportunity.

If it was in any way forced on him, well that pretty much shows him to be unqualified for the job. I think he fell ill to the same campaign idiocy that fell'd Guiliani. Somehow it seems like a good idea at the time - let's give bitter Hillary fans a creationist anti abortion beauty queen to vote for!