2 2
rushmc

There IS a problem with global warming... it stopped in 1998

https://www.wunderground.com/cat6/second-warmest-february-on-record-globally

Research groups across the world concur that this past northern winter (December-February) was the second-warmest on record globally, in records going back more than a century. The latest group to confirm this finding is NOAA, in its monthly State of the Climate report issued Friday.

The winter result was a product of the second-warmest December, warmest January, and second-warmest February in the NOAA analysis, which extends back to 1880. For those three months combined, the global temperature was 1.12°C (2.02°F) above the 20th-century average. This reading is just 0.06°C (0.1°F) behind the record set in 2015-16.

The global warmth of the past few months is especially striking given the lack of an El Niño event, which raises global air temperatures by releasing heat stored in the tropical Pacific Ocean.

(edited)

http://icecap.us/index.php/go/joes-blog/addendum_to_our_research_report_on_validity_of_gast_and_the_endangerment_fi/

"There were just 26 stations in 1880, only 4 in the southern hemisphere. Even in 1900, the 664 global stations was only 2.8% of the number in 2000.

Temperatures over oceans, which covered 71% of the globe, were measured along shipping routes mainly in the Northern Hemisphere erratically and with varying measurement methods.  

absolutely no credible grid level temperature data existed over the period from 1880 to 2000 in the Southern Hemisphere’s oceans (covering 80.9% of the Southern Hemisphere)"

I guess you mean, "second warmest winter in the last twenty years"  (after they manipulate the data)  Sounds terrifying, where are my dead polar bears? 

Edited by brenthutch

9 hours ago, kallend said:

Not you.  BrentH.

Morning, Professor. 

I meant that this is the second time you posted it right after I said something to Brent. I knew what you meant and was "trying" to explain that I would stop feeding the trolls. You know, for as much as we all argue on here - I hope everyone is safe and cautious. 

Keith

• Like 1

(edited)
4 hours ago, BIGUN said:

Morning, Professor. 

I meant that this is the second time you posted it right after I said something to Brent. I knew what you meant and was "trying" to explain that I would stop feeding the trolls. You know, for as much as we all argue on here - I hope everyone is safe and cautious. 

Keith

It wasn't a troll, it is a response to the National Geographic article claiming that polar bears were in peril from climate change.  From my link;

"As Michele Moses recently explained in The New Yorker, scientists accused National Geographic of “being loose with the facts.” There was no evidence, many pointed out, that the bear’s condition was the result of climate change. The bear simply could have been old, ill, or suffering from a degenerative disease.

Mittermeier admitted as much a year later.

“I can’t say that this bear was starving because of climate change,” she wrote in National Geographic. 

Perhaps we made a mistake in not telling the full story—that we were looking for a picture that foretold the future and that we didn’t know what had happened to this particular polar bear."

Edited by brenthutch

On 3/13/2020 at 10:04 PM, billvon said:

Exactly.  For example, if you ever see a paraglider gain altitude, gravity is WRONG.

If you see an area where there is no elevation change then Flat Earth is right!

I mean - its flat - right there - so it must be true for everything else, right?

On 3/15/2020 at 9:54 AM, brenthutch said:

The author of this video has said this:

Crockford is a signatory of the International Conference on Climate Change's 2008 Manhattan Declaration,[12] which states that "Carbon dioxide and other 'greenhouse gas' emissions from human activity...appear to have only a very small impact on global climate," and "Global cooling has presented serious problems for human society and the environment throughout history while global warming has generally been highly beneficial."[13] Between at least 2011 and 2013, she received payment from The Heartland Institute, in the form of $750 per month, which Crockford states was to provide summaries of published papers that might not have been covered by the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change's Fifth Assessment Report.[4] This payment has been construed as an undisclosed conflict of interest, by blogs such as Desmog Blog.[3] Her response to such claims was a disclosure of the job description, how much she was paid, and the duration of the contract.[4]

Although some polar bear scientists disagree with Crockford's claims, her blog has been widely cited by websites that either deny or are skeptical of climate change, with over 80% citing it as their primary source of information on polar bears.[14] Critics point out that none of Crockford's claims regarding the effects of climate change on polar bears has undergone peer review, nor has she ever published any peer-reviewed articles whose main focus is polar bears.[3][14]

After 15 years as an adjunct professor, University of Victoria did not renew her contract in May 2019, possibly for her climate change views.[15]

“Carbon dioxide and other 'greenhouse gas' emissions from humanactivity...appear to have only a very small impact on global climate," and "Global cooling has presented serious problems for humansociety and the environment throughout history while global warming has generally been highly beneficial.”

She simply stated the truth.

2 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

“Carbon dioxide and other 'greenhouse gas' emissions from humanactivity...appear to have only a very small impact on global climate,"

Yes, and the plan is to work hard to keep it that way. This is a true statement, but it does not say anything about the future.

3 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

"Global cooling has presented serious problems for humansociety and the environment throughout history while global warming has generally been highly beneficial.”

This is also true, but what is your point? Those statements are meaningless.

2 minutes ago, gowlerk said:

Yes, and the plan is to work hard to keep it that way. This is a true statement, but it does not say anything about the future.

This is also true, but what is your point? Those statements are meaningless.

Yet she lost her job for expressing them :/

44 minutes ago, Phil1111 said:

After 15 years as an adjunct professor, University of Victoria did not renew her contract in May 2019, possibly for her climate change views.[15]

Phil did not say, the quote is from the article.

13 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

Yet she lost her job for expressing them

She was a contract employee it seems. While on contract she did outside work for the Heartland institute. There is no information connecting the non renewal of her contract with her outside work. Just the word "possibly". You have no point.

8 hours ago, brenthutch said:

Yet she lost her job for expressing them :/

Yep.  And I bet if a nurse expressed his opinions that vaccines cause autism and that germ theory is a liberal hoax, he'd lose his job too.  O the humanity.