2 2
rushmc

There IS a problem with global warming... it stopped in 1998

2 hours ago, billvon said:

Yep.  And I bet if a nurse expressed his opinions that vaccines cause autism and that germ theory is a liberal hoax, he'd lose his job too.  O the humanity.  

So, you are saying that AGW theory is infallible?  Sound more and more like a religion.  

No more than germ theory or vaccines causing autism are infallible. The data suggest the truth — that germ theory works, and that vaccines don’t cause autism. But actual data moving things in a different direction (ie not just saying “you’re wrong”) would be evaluated. 

Assertions need to be backed up. The more data that’s being contradicted or impacted, the stronger the evidence that’s needed. But I’m sure you know that, as long as your thumb of desire isn’t on the scales weighing the “evidence.”

Wendy P. 

5 minutes ago, wmw999 said:

No more than germ theory or vaccines causing autism are infallible. The data suggest the truth — that germ theory works, and that vaccines don’t cause autism. But actual data moving things in a different direction (ie not just saying “you’re wrong”) would be evaluated. 

Assertions need to be backed up. The more data that’s being contradicted or impacted, the stronger the evidence that’s needed. But I’m sure you know that, as long as your thumb of desire isn’t on the scales weighing the “evidence.”

Wendy P. 

Thank you, that is what I have been saying for years.

1 hour ago, brenthutch said:

So, you are saying that AGW theory is infallible?  Sound more and more like a religion.  

Nope.  Neither is germ theory (it's just a THEORY!) or vaccine effectiveness (some people still die, you know.)

If you want to call anyone who believes in germ theory or vaccines a "religious kook" with a "religious belief" then knock yourself out.  You've just described 90% of America, and I am happy to be included in that group.

(edited)
10 hours ago, billvon said:

Nope.  Neither is germ theory (it's just a THEORY!) or vaccine effectiveness (some people still die, you know.)

If you want to call anyone who believes in germ theory or vaccines a "religious kook" with a "religious belief" then knock yourself out.  You've just described 90% of America, and I am happy to be included in that group.

Focus Bill.  Nobody is taking about germ theory or vaccines (or smoking or Big Macs or slavery for that matter).  The discussion is about catastrophic Mann-made global warming.  

https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2012/04/the_religion_of_global_warming.html

https://www.christianpost.com/voices/religion-climate-change-new-doomsday-scenario.html

Don't get me wrong, you are entitled to your believes, just back off of the proselytizing, you are hurting the children.

Edited by brenthutch

9 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

Focus Bill.  Nobody is taking about germ theory or vaccines (or smoking or Big Macs or slavery for that matter).  The discussion is about catastrophic Mann-made global warming.  

https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2012/04/the_religion_of_global_warming.html

https://www.christianpost.com/voices/religion-climate-change-new-doomsday-scenario.html

Don't get me wrong, you are entitled to your believes, just back off of the proselytizing, you are hurting the children.

Religion is a belief you can't back up with physical or scientific evidence.  So....your climate change denial is a Religion.

(edited)
3 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

Without reading your link (which is ok because you probably didn't read it either) are you trying to say that you don't need to prove anything.  So basically the "non-deniers" have provided the burden of proof that they are right and that we need to take selective steps to stop man made global warming, and the "non-deniers" need to provide the burden of proof that the deniers are wrong.

Edited by DJL

That is just the thing, you guys have proven nothing.  A lot of predictions were made, (no more polar bears, desertification, no summer arctic sea ice, famine, floods and fires to name a few, NASAs leading climate scientist (at the time), James Hansen predicted that much of Manhattan would be underwater by now!), the predictions were spectacularly wrong!  As with other religions, when the end-times don't arrive as scheduled, you heat up the rhetoric and shift the date. Kalend breathlessly posted that we just surpassed the previous "WARMIST JANUARY EVER!!!  by .02 degrees.  Let that sink in, .02.  The predictions were that we would be in the midst of a runaway feedback loop by now.  Instead, Antarctic sea ice is normal, Arctic sea ice is recovering and is not even in the bottom 10 in extent, and Greenland's glaciers are growing.

https://earthobservatory.nasa.gov/images/145185/major-greenland-glacier-is-growing

We have gone from global warming, to climate change to climate emergency to climate breakdown and nothing has changed.

I take that back, things HAVE changed.  We have MORE food, MORE polar bears, SHRINKING deserts, FEWER climate related deaths.  You are entitled to believe otherwise, as for me, I will stick to the facts. 

3 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

Instead, Antarctic sea ice is normal, Arctic sea ice is recovering and is not even in the bottom 10 in extent, and Greenland's glaciers are growing.

Dude, this is one of your most messed up angry posts yet. Did you read the story? And since it is from NASA do you believe their position on warming?

Willis and colleagues think the glacier is reacting to a shift in a climate pattern called the North Atlantic Oscillation, which has brought cold water northward along Greenland’s west coast. Measurements of the temperatures collected by the OMG team show that the cold water has persisted.

There has been a shift in ocean currents. This is caused by the shifting climate. It is shifting towards warmer. I don't know why I'm taking the time to answer your nonsense this AM. I guess it's because it gives me a break from the stuff that's going on that I need to deal with. I'll go back to ignoring it again for now.

14 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

Ah, yes!  It is the ol' its colder because it is warmer.  Do you hear yourself?

I've had enough. There is enough stress in my life dealing with two parents in two different institutions with closed doors. And a bunch of other covid related problems. I'm going to put you on my ignore list for a while. I just can't handle the trolling right now.

3 hours ago, billvon said:

Focus, Brent.  YOU asked if science was "Infallible."  Why ask questions if you don't want answers, other than to troll?

Take your Adderall, I asked if AGW theory was infallible, a far cry from science.  And yes, I would like to know just how many failed predictions it will take before you start to question your faith?

6 hours ago, brenthutch said:

Take your Adderall

You must be so, so in charge of your little, little world that such a thing could seem a reasonable thing to say.  Your sycophants and admirers must be so proud of you. At one time I thought you had substance, not any more.

6 hours ago, JoeWeber said:

You must be so, so in charge of your little, little world that such a thing could seem a reasonable thing to say.  Your sycophants and admirers must be so proud of you. At one time I thought you had substance, not any more.

Did BH annoy you Joe? I completely missed whatever he said!

20 hours ago, billvon said:

Focus, Brent.  YOU asked if science was "Infallible."  Why ask questions if you don't want answers, other than to troll?

You're not in the habit of asking rhetorical questions. 

27 minutes ago, Bigfalls said:

Due to the corona virus, airline travel and driving and commuting to work greatly reduced, will there be a measurable reduction in the CO2 levels in the atmosphere.

That is true. And contrails will be reduced as well.