2 2
rushmc

There IS a problem with global warming... it stopped in 1998

26 minutes ago, SkyDekker said:

Clearly the Deep State reacting and forcing this retraction.

(I think maybe I am getting my conspiracy theories mixed. is there a deep State in climate change?)

Check with Q.  He will tell you what the patriotic thing to think about this is.  I am sure it has to do with pizza, Hillary Clinton, Biden's son's dog and guns.

(edited)
12 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

https://www.insidesources.com/climate-change-lawsuits-collapsing-like-dominoes/

If using fossil fuels is just like smoking, why can’t anyone win a lawsuit?

"InsideSources has a right leaning bias and utilizes sources such as the corporately funded American Enterprise Institute, which does not always support the consensus of science when it comes to climate change."

Dutch supreme court upholds landmark ruling demanding climate action

Oh well!, if you can't base opinions on facts and science. Use fluff and propaganda.

Edited by Phil1111

(edited)
7 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

More bad news for climate alarmists

http://www.fao.org/worldfoodsituation/csdb/en/

Climate change is affecting crop yields and reducing global food supplies

Cherry picking information as usual. " We found that climate change has affected yields in many places. Not all of the changes are negative: Some crop yields have increased in some locations. Overall, however, climate change is reducing global production of staples such as rice and wheat. And when we translated crop yields into consumable calories—the actual food on people's plates—we found that climate change is already shrinking food supplies, particularly in food-insecure developing countries.

'In the United States corn and soybeans are important cash crops, with a combined value of more than US$90 billion in 2017. We found that climate change is causing a small net increase in yields of these crops—on average, about 0.1 percent and 3.7 percent respectively each year. .. In some Corn Belt states, such as Indiana and Illinois, climate change is shaving up to 8 percent off of annual corn yields "

Edited by Phil1111
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Phil1111 said:

"InsideSources has a right leaning bias and utilizes sources such as the corporately funded American Enterprise Institute, which does not always support the consensus of science when it comes to climate change."

Dutch supreme court upholds landmark ruling demanding climate action

Oh well!, if you can't base opinions on facts and science. Use fluff and propaganda.

The Gaurdian is a left wing rag. Oh, well if you can’t base opinions on facts and science, use fluff and propaganda.

2 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

4 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

Cherry picking once again eh? you do know that farmers generally run their business for more than a year. Some farms are multi generational.

Indiana Corn, Soybeans: Production Way Down from 2018 Record   January 15, 2020
From USDA

"Indiana farmers faced incredible weather related challenges in 2019 which negatively affected production, according to Greg Matli, State Statistician, USDA NASS, Indiana Field Office.

Indiana corn production in 2019 totaled 815 million bushels, 16 percent below 2018. Corn acreage harvested for grain totaled 4.82 million, down 6 percent from 2018. The average yield of 169 bushels per acre was 20 bushels below the 2018 record high yield."

I realize its redumbdent trying to debate with false assumptions, misrepresentation and outright fibbing, as an opponent.

Carry on!

12 minutes ago, Phil1111 said:

Cherry picking once again eh? you do know that farmers generally run their business for more than a year. Some farms are multi generational.

Indiana Corn, Soybeans: Production Way Down from 2018 Record   January 15, 2020
From USDA

"Indiana farmers faced incredible weather related challenges in 2019 which negatively affected production, according to Greg Matli, State Statistician, USDA NASS, Indiana Field Office.

Indiana corn production in 2019 totaled 815 million bushels, 16 percent below 2018. Corn acreage harvested for grain totaled 4.82 million, down 6 percent from 2018. The average yield of 169 bushels per acre was 20 bushels below the 2018 record high yield."

I realize its redumbdent trying to debate with false assumptions, misrepresentation and outright fibbing, as an opponent.

Carry on!

“Yields for 2019 still are projections, with the potential for modifications in the future.”

I used the latest year using actual data, not projections(aka assumptions)  no fibbing or misrepresentation.

(edited)
4 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

“Yields for 2019 still are projections, with the potential for modifications in the future.”

I used the latest year using actual data, not projections(aka assumptions)  no fibbing or misrepresentation.

I hate to tell you this Brent but its 2020. The 2019 crop is in the bin. It's ok not everyone has a ag background. Not everyone is up to date on the calendar.

Edited by Phil1111

1 minute ago, Phil1111 said:

I hate to tell you this Brent but its 2020. The 2019 crop is in the bin. It's ok not everyone has a ag background. Not everyone is up to date on the calendar.

Someone needs to tell the farmers 

https://farmdocdaily.illinois.edu/2019/10/projected-yield-and-revenue-changes-from-2018-to-2019-for-corn-and-soybeans-in-the-midwest-states.html

“Yields for 2019 are projections”

I don’t get you. GLOBAL  food production is up enough to meet the growth in demand, (just the opposite of what the alarmists predicted BTW) and you cherry-pick, yet to be confirmed, incomplete data from two states in the Mid-West, to push back on that great news.  What is wrong with you?

7 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

Ah no. The USDA produces monthly reports generally based upon 20,000 farm reports. So its been revised monthly since harvest started in August 2019. In " Illinois farmers have been playing catch-up ever since heavy rains and flooding delayed or prevented planting across the state this spring. The USDA recently declared the entire state an agriculture disaster. "

The January 2020 crop report was summarized in my earlier quote. Here is another based upon the same January 2020 revisions. From the USDA.

USDA raises U.S. 2019 corn, soybean production Ag markets fall initially then stabilize, following USDA data dump.

2 hours ago, brenthutch said:

The Gaurdian is a left wing rag. Oh, well if you can’t base opinions on facts and science, use fluff and propaganda.

I will happily post the Dutch Supreme Court decision, but I don't think you are able to read it.

(edited)

What does any of that have to do with global food production?  
The yields in the Midwest were down because of rain (just the opposite of what the alarmists predicted)https://www.popsci.com/dust-bowl-soil-climate-change/

Why the pushback?

Because you can only find these "global food production increases outweighs downsides of global warming" narratives almost exclusively in the denier new media and it's very much agenda driven.  Then you attempt to muddy the water by misrepresenting the very point that the article you posted is making that the US and the Midwest took steps to prevent dust bowls which is why we're better situated and in the future may use high tech soil monitoring and robotic soil sampling.

That article made no claim that we should now be in the midst of a dust bowl.

Edited by DJL

What does any of that have to do with global food production?  
The yields in the Midwest were down because of rain (just the opposite of what the alarmists predicted)https://www.popsci.com/dust-bowl-soil-climate-change/

Why the pushback?

'As the world has warmed, that warming has triggered many other changes to the Earth’s climate. Changes in extreme weather and climate events, such as heat waves and droughts, are the primary way that most people experience climate change. Human-induced climate change has already increased the number and strength of some of these extreme events. Over the last 50 years, much of the U.S. has seen increases in prolonged periods of excessively high temperatures, heavy downpours, and in some regions, severe floods and droughts."

Global warming is contributing to extreme weather events