Tee

A little skydiver on the way....

Hey everyone. I just wanted to let you know that my sweetie and I have a little jumper on the way...6 more months! It wasn't planned, but is welcome none-the-less. :)When I found out my first reaction was dissapointment, simply because we had to cancel our trip to Mexico in March for Skydive AZ's South of the Border Boogie. (imagine that...a skydiver worried about not being able to jump). Then I started to cry because my first thought shouldn't be skydiving and "I was already a bad mom". :D :D All you women out there that have been pregnant, or men who have dealt with their pregnant women, will understand. :D
As I mentioned in another thread, we are both going to continue to jump but are just going to be a little more conservative. I will not get the 120 that I was planning on and stick with my 135. Bryan is going to pack in his Stiletto 97 and stick with his Stiletto 120. And being that we are at 3500 feet above sea level, the air is NOT forgiving, so my sweetie's hook turns will be kept to a minimum while jumping here.
My dilema is whether to quit jumping completely during my pregnancy. There are some factors to consider. 1) our starting altitude is high and therefore the air is thin and unforgiving. 2) I jump a Sabre and have the chance of a hard opening 3) we are a cessna dz and the trip to altitude is long and the dr. is concerned with me being at a that altitude for any length of time.
My sweetie would prefer me not to jump at all, but I have the option of using my friends Sabre 150 and possibly sticking to hop n' pops.
Any input....????
Tee :)

Tee~
I would opt for the side of extreme caution,and follow your Dr.'s recommendation. I am sure that you will get lots of input from other jumpers. I ask myself this question though.."if it were me would I jump"? and the answer I come up with is a resounding no. One hard landing and who knows what the outcome would be. Better to be safe than sorry in my opinion. I wish you all that you wish for and congrats!
It only takes a little pixie dust......

CONGRATS Tee!! Is this your first child? First off, sympathies to your honey, it's going to be a rough ride ;) hehe
As to jumping, do what feels right to you, in my opinion. Some women get larger faster, some have very easy pregnancies, some not. I think it's all individual and something only you, your doc and your honey can determine. Your landings is something to be thinking of too. I personally had intended on continuing jumping as long as I could when/if Merrick and I have one, but all that's been postponed for now of course. But it would also be my third and I know pretty much what I can/can't do comfortably, and they were all pretty easy pregnancies.
Anyway...good luck!!!
Closing pin jewelry

My wife and I are looking forward to our first in July. She does'nt jump but she gave up skiing/snowboarding this winter, although she still works out at the gym regularly.

Congrats! My dr. advises me doing anything that could involve a high speed accident too...which means no snowboarding this year either. Keep us posted as to how everything goes. :)Thanks for the advice guys...I have some serious thinking to do. :)Tee

Congrats Tee!!
Tough decision eh!! The babe is well protected for most activities,, at 10,000 the air starts to get noticeably thin,, if your healthy though a couple deep breaths will make up any low 0's,, as far as the speed thing goes,, what about driving, biking, etc,, the human body isn't buit for an impact in excess of about 30 mph despite seatbelts and airbags,, I know a friend who climbed to 8,000 ft up a mtn just to ski down it,, she was 8 months preggy,, so whatever ya decide just be happy!!
Blue skies and pink babies!!
Billy

Tee, that is just sooo cool!!! You have my warmest congratulations! Being a parent is a wonderful thing... I have two daughters, 9, and 7, who love hanging out at the DZ. (I called them everyday from Kamloops!) I agree with your sweetiesapproach of being more careful. Missing some skydives may seem tough now, but after your child is born, and the birthdays start flying past, you will be glad you did the right thing -- and you'll be back in the skies like you hadn't missed a beat!
Hugs 'n kisses!
Frank

Congrats TEE!!!!!!! I didnt think I wanted kids until I had one (well my wife had it) but now that I do I couldnt imagine life being as fun with out her!!!!! As for jumping I did read were a lady jumped up to her 5th month. BUT like everyone else said listen to your doctor. If he says not to the Id listen. The sky will still be here for you along woth the rest of us!!!:)jason