Jessica

Weekend numbers

;)Not tell'n:8:3
What a great boogie!
8 jumps, 2 Crew jumps, a few FF and some competition jumps.
My team won the hit 'n chug contest and I won the flour bombing contest, PLUS I did a FF jump with Fedus (from SDDallas) and we got 4 docks (which is a first for this fledgilying FFer)!
It was a great weekend to say the least, mucho fun, but now I am way behind on studying for my finals, so I better go study. :)A human cannonball, I rise above it all
Up higher then a trapeze, I can fly

0:4:0
Well, I was hoping to have a kickass weekend of skydiving since I lost my job last Wednesday and then contracted some horrible kind of sickness that cleared up Friday, but it's been mediocre at best. I finally got my canopy back, and that was a nice cheer-me-upper though
Saturday I did 2 jumps with my 4-way RW team, they went well, on the first landing I misjudged my swoop being used to the bigger (and older style) canopy. Second one I NAILED the riser carve and got the best swoop I've ever had, and more than I could have even hoped for, of course, nobody saw it. Then I did a semi-demo HnP from 3.5 and had MAJOR line twists that took me a looooong time to kick out of. Sunday was slower, I was diverdrivin most of the day and only got one jump with the team, botched the approach and got to practice my flare turns to landing (gusty winds, probably for the best anyway).
But seeing as I'm unemployed now, my weekend's not really over and I'm going jumping tomorrow too, finally some solo time to get back to my freeflying practice.
--
Give them a sip of the darkside, and they just thirst for more.

I've decided that rather than post the first #, I say we make it a miscellaneous category, something else that you'd rather post from this weekend. This week, I pick sunset loads
So 1SL:1:1
I sunset, I jump (I'm having a cypres installed so I only got the one jump in when I dropped of fthe rig.) and my first ticket from the US Park Service. Nooo..... not for that.....
One shot... HEY!!! Mas Tequila!!!! Two Shots HEY HEY!!!! Three Shots.......

well...lets see here....umm
2;);):5:)
First tandem
First jump at Chicagoland
First porter jump
First time jumping a 190(and loved it and stood all the landings up and even improved my accuracy)
First time getting to pie someone(marc):D
First hybrid that worked...even right off the plane....
I'll buy in two weeks at archway....YEAH BABY!!!...
Cheers
marc
"it's hard to be anal with no anus!!!"-Dogma

I missed the explanation of the order of numbers and don't feel like searching earlier threads. Someone please explain which numbers represent what. Thank you.

Howzabout we make it a rule that if you have the impetus to start a "weekend numbers" thread, you take the responsibility to explain what it means?
Wow, neat, I used one made up word and one word from the Word-A-Day calendar in that last sentence.:)--
Brian

0:14:1
14 jumps for $150 at Perris; some of the best 20-way I've ever done, with people like Kate and Tony, BJ Worth, Dan O'Brien and the like. We had a few dives that you simply could not debrief because there was nothing wrong with them. Thanks especially to Jan Meyer for organizing them.
-bill von

0:10:0
Coulda/woulda done more jumps but the winds were funky at Perris this weekend and I'm a wussy. For some reason spending the entire canopy ride in quarter brakes just to keep the damn thing flying isn't my idea of a good time - I had one of the scariest canopy rides I've ever had this weekend. But even with the nasty turbulence I still managed to stand up 9 out of 10 landings.
Cool jumps - a 14 way tracking dive with the Flyboyz and a 21 way RW dive at the end of the day today, organized just for my birthday (big thanks to Jan Meyer for organizing it and to her Right Stuff group for being a part of it). The 21 way kinda went to shit... but I got a kiss pass at the bottom of it so it was all good. :)pull & flare,
lisa
---
On the other hand...you have different fingers

1:4:0
Worked on my RW skills with a one-on-one coach jump and some well-organized 6-ways, - was really cool - HAd some nice accurate landings too- 2 less tha 10 meters from the carpet- Sweet! I think I'm actually beginning to learn something!

0:3:2
First jump of the weekend on Saturday was my first 4-point 4-way, with two Jumptown instructors and another guy. Unfortunately it was also my first reserve ride, as I dropped the pud (pull-out), had it floating behind me, and couldn't get a hold of it after a few seconds so I just went for the silver.
I was wearing leather gloves, which didn't help, but the main problem was a lack of planning on my part for what I would do if that happened. I now have a plan and do not expect any more reserve rides in that situation.
I spent the better part of the day trekking around in the woods and fields nearby looking for my freebag, which finally a couple of guys on the sunset load spotted on a nearby baseball field.
One of the riggers there had it repacked for me by Sunday morning (thanks Brian!) so I was up in the air again on Sunday though I only had a 1/2 day to spend there. Love my Triathlon - the thing kicks ass. Anyway I'd rather fly it than my PD Reserve...
Joe

0:3:2
First jump of the weekend on Saturday was my first 4-point 4-way, with two Jumptown instructors and another guy. Unfortunately it was also my first reserve ride, as I dropped the pud (pull-out), had it floating behind me, and couldn't get a hold of it after a few seconds so I just went for the silver.
I was wearing leather gloves, which didn't help, but the main problem was a lack of planning on my part for what I would do if that happened. I now have a plan and do not expect any more reserve rides in that situation.
I spent the better part of the day trekking around in the woods and fields nearby looking for my freebag, which finally a couple of guys on the sunset load spotted on a nearby baseball field.
One of the riggers there had it repacked for me by Sunday morning (thanks Brian!) so I was up in the air again on Sunday though I only had a 1/2 day to spend there. Love my Triathlon - the thing kicks ass. Anyway, I'd rather fly it than my PD Reserve...
Joe

0:7:2
Great weekend at Hinckley. That place is awesome. I found out that if i do too much RW i tend to get grumpy.... I got to meet jjohnson who is way cool and billo who is not some old ugly guy like i thought he'd be.:)
"A day without sunshine is....well....it's dark"

0:14:9
Was part of the DZ.com crowd at Chicagoland Skydive in Hinckley. This DZ kicks ass! The weather turned out to be way better than expected, except for the funky winds on Sunday afternoon.
1. First time riding the plane back down (forgot goggles on a planned 4-way)
2. First jump without my cypres turned on
3. First time pieing someone (FallingMarc)
4. First FrankenOtter jump
5. First Porter jump
6. First jump in an RW jumpsuit (which I ended up buying at the end of the weekend)
7. First reverse-rodeo (compliments of sunshine), and we held it the whole time, which is good considering it was only the second time I had intentionally flown on my back.
8. First tube exit/dive
9. First successful 5-way (1 point and tried for 2)
Things that weren't first's but still damn fun:
-A hardcore spinning 2-way with Vallerina :D
-A sweet 3-way hybrid, straight off the plane with canopycudler and Andyman B|
-Contributed to FallingMarc's 100th being a zoo jump instead of anything recognizeable. (note to self: Don't take a deep breathe right before the count, especially if you are supposed to be giving the count. :)-Almost forgot this one, got my A on Friday.
That's all I can think of but I did a lot of jumps for me in one weekend so I might have forgotten something. :)In an argument, you can never prove you're right. The best you can do is prove that they are more wrong.

1:3:5
Three awesome jumps on Saturday in perfect weather.
Beer:
1. First jump at Chicagoland
2. First jump out of a porter
3. First jump out of the famous FrankenOtter
4. First slam on canopy opening>:(
5. First time being flashed at the DZ:D
Its only in drugs or death we'll see anything new, and death is just too controlling - Chuck Palahniuk

I made two jumps at SDH, one with Skycat whose moving, we made a lot of two ways off aff, (cause we're little) and it was really nice to make that one last two way with her. We just screwed off.
I jumped with Ron Mills and Charles at SDH. The organized a nice challenging 3 way. I was proud of my performace. Was float on the 540 donuts, but I already have a 10 pound vest on order (wearing 6 now). That should fix that.
Sunday went to the Spacey place and got on a 8 way. It was a lot of visitors from out of town who came in Saturday for the TSL meet. We funneled the exit but I think we got about 3 points total. Fun dive though, didn't hardly know anyone I was jumping with.
I left the DZ to run an errand and when I got back I was "out of roation" with Mikie (don't you just had being out of rotation?)
He wanted me to go on a 20 way, I said I would if they didn't have anyone else, but I was kinda hopein to keep the small. Well, Im on the 20 way anyway.
Great skydive, nice exit and base build turned 4 points. Turned and tracked, pulled....total malfunction -
Went straight for the silver was under my reserve (according to new protract) at 1300. It was flying like shit...but I was trailing a fully inflated pilot chute. Caught turbulance on landing and hit pretty hard. Hard enought to just wait for someone to check on me. I have a bruised left hip, knee and ankle...good plf, huh!
You should have seen the bridal routing, It was wrapped in a complete circle all the way around the closing loop. There was no way that bag was coming out. I just know undstand how I did that, I've packed that rig the same exact way 400 times.
Good news #1) im sore but ok
Good news#2) It's my 2nd reserve ride, no beer
Good news#3) I apprecticed packing my own reserve, so it was my own save (so to speak)....although Im still buying Bill Lee a bottle.
Ok, enough drama for me for one week....Next
Paula must be on pain pills . She's not really herself.

;):12:1
The case was for my first jump at Hinckley.
So, overall an incredible weekend.
Thurs: spent the night with my ex-roomie (of 4 yrs) drinking away our last night of living with each other at the Neon Cactus.
Fri: found out I passed my evil Stat class with a C!!! So, I had to go to Hinckley and celebrate! I met up with a very groovy organizer who was so laid back and a neat guy to hang out with.
Sat: Perfect weather! I made bunches of jumps! We tried some dz.com flailing-ways. I got to sit-fly with Billo (who is definately not some crazy-lookin old-guy) and Jabeln79 (who can really handle his liquor!) The party that night was fun, too. They had a nifty acoustic duo and way-too-strong margaritas.
Sun: Marc's 100th! (much love to jjohnson for paying for my slot; he's an awesome guy!) And, I finally got to sit-fly with fallingilweenie.
I absolutely loved Hinckley! Great facilities, great people, and many good-looking men!
May not be Mr. Right, but he'll do right now.

>Thurs: spent the night with my ex-roomie (of 4 yrs) drinking away our last night of
> living with each other at the Neon Cactus.
>Sat: Perfect weather! . . . The party that night was fun, too. They had a nifty
>acoustic duo and way-too-strong margaritas.
Do I notice a pattern here? I must be getting old, because I can't drink all night and still make 8 jumps a day any more.
>Fri: found out I passed my evil Stat class with a C!!!
Told ya you passed it.
-bill von