skybytch

weekend numbers

37 - number of times i got accused of hanging up when i really just lost the signal on my cel phone.

Riiiiiiiiiiight.... ;)

Hrm, lemme see...
18 (times I packed) : 6 : 1

Beer for j###### # c####b####d c####y :P

--
Hook high, flare on time

1*:5:0
*:dates this w/e, BUT he isa whuffo...
**:number of times a 3-way became a 2-way because a member turned, smiled and exited the plane before we'd even climbed out....:D
:SMy rig is jumpable again....well, I mean there's no gaffa tape on it anymore....:S
xj

"I wouldn't recommend picking a fight with the earth...but then I wouldn't recommend picking a fight with a car either, and that's having tried both."

0:8:3

First time skydiving in East Troy with the Sky Knights
First 40+ way attempt (I think 46 of us made it in out of the 48)
First time turning pieces while catting someone (that was kinda weird....luckily I catted someone so I got to avoid the combat rw that took place on the redock.)

I also had the honor of jumping with Dumpster...very nice guy!

Overall, I had a great weekend hanging out with my grandma and uncle while making a couple of jumps.
There's a thin line between Saturday night and Sunday morning

4:20:?
4 - the number of 3 inch long stainless steel pins I have sticking out of my leg holding the external fixator in place.
20 - about the number of fragments my fib is broken into.
? - who know what it will look like after they operate tomorrow.
go big,
rich

2:2:1

2 FINALLY I made 2 good stable to the prop wash relative wind exits!

2 good jumps, first one we made a 3-way donut, the inter was that everybody did a 360° at the same time and donut again, we had fun, making faces to each other; I was wearing a borrowed jumpsuit with megabooties so I kept side sliding like crazy (i prefer my regular booties); one my team mate had about 1 month without jumping so you can imagine his 360 it was side sliding; the other one was the instructor and he kept playing catch, catch me drag me all the way to other one to make the donut, 360° catch the other one and bring it near me to make the donut I think he was the one flying us, it was fun.

The second jump was a 2 way RW 45° left catch right hand grip (dunno how it is called), 90° right catch hand left hand grip, star, 90° left compressed accordion, star and 90° right compressed accordion. My team mate was heavier, my back still hurts from the arching and my movements were stupid, slow if i made them (megabooties and arching my back in excess).

1 case, finally I could make good exits, no more funnels and crappy exits.

HISPA 21
www.panamafreefall.com

6:3:5:1,000,000

- Six jumps on Saturday.

- Three jumps on Sunday (Tandem Factory @ Mile-Hi was in full production this day).

- Five of my jumps this weekend were standup landings (four of which were on a smaller canopy I just started to use).

- 1,000,000 times I dreamed that Square One (hint hint SB) could influence the people at Sunrise Rigging to get my new container made ahead of schedule so that I could get off of my student/rental gear and start jumping my own gear.

All in all though it was a great weekend (I almost doubled the number of jumps I originally planned on doing). The only bummer was that I could get my pack job done and my "A" License will just have to wait. [:/]

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

Ok, there was ONE study that was published in the New England Journal of Medicine that showed this in rats. The study has not been duplicated.

Moreover, it's not simply Naproxin, it was all NSAIDS - non-steoridal anti-inflamatories, a categorization which includes Naproxin (Aleve), Ibuprofen (Advil), ASA (asprin), and acetaminophen (tylenol) - or pretty much every over the counter pain releiver.

The list also includes perscription only NSAID's like Celebrex, Voltaren, Lodine, Nalfon, Indocin, Orudis, Oruvail, Toradol, Daypro, Relafen, Clinoril, Tolectin and Vioxx.

So you're saying that based on one study that hasn't been replicated, we should ignore our doctors advice and not take ANY over the counter or perscription anti-inflamatories?

My injuries seem to be healing quite well, even with the Naproxen. Thankfully to, because the Naproxen allows me to do physiotherapy, bike 10 miles, and jump from airplanes.

Of course, we should all be discussing the effects and side-effects of any drugs that we take with our doctors... But I'm certainly not going to give up my freedom over one study.

_Am
__

You put the fun in "funnel" - craichead.

OK nearly everyone on this thread is misusing the "numbers" system. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought it was HUMPS:JUMPS:CASES OF BEER OWED.

5:2:1

Amy is here now, hence the second number. 5 jumps with the ol folks

Nope, the "2" should be the first number, and "5" should be the second number.

2 (See...told you I would get laid since I wasn't going to the DZ):0:0

CLAY was the only person on this thread who understands how to do it right!!

Coinicidentally, my numbers were exactly the same for exactly the same reason. I did not go to the DZ this weekend; Friday I went out to a bar to see this band & had a lot to drink & wound up making out with this woman who was in town for the week...OnSaturday I phoned her up & invited her to a festival at a local winery (HIGHLY RECOMMENDED IDEA FOR A DATE!!)B|on Sunday. Afterwords we went out for sushi & then back to my house to uh... complete my weekend numbersB|B|!! And it wouldn't have happend if I'd gone to the dropzone this weekend...something to think about....

Anyway, I just moved to this house in early April & haven't had any since until this weekend, so she rightfully pointed out that she had "christened" my new bedroom!!:)
Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

OK nearly everyone on this thread is misusing the "numbers" system. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought it was HUMPS:JUMPS:CASES OF BEER OWED.

Pretty much.. after awhile most of us got tired of posting a 0 for the first number, and began substituting some other accomplishment(?), or, interesting tidbit for the first number. :)

--
Hook high, flare on time

Yeah, it's more a MISCELLANEOUS category.... Nothing stopping anyone from posting their sexual exploits if they want. I kinda like the crazy silly things people will post instead of humps...
I promise not to TP Davis under canopy.. I promise not to TP Davis under canopy.. eat sushi, get smoochieTTK#1

Ok, there was ONE study that was published in the New England Journal of Medicine that showed this in rats. The study has not been duplicated.

Moreover, it's not simply Naproxin, it was all NSAIDS - non-steoridal anti-inflamatories, a categorization which includes Naproxin (Aleve), Ibuprofen (Advil), ASA (asprin), and acetaminophen (tylenol) - or pretty much every over the counter pain releiver.

The list also includes perscription only NSAID's like Celebrex, Voltaren, Lodine, Nalfon, Indocin, Orudis, Oruvail, Toradol, Daypro, Relafen, Clinoril, Tolectin and Vioxx.

So you're saying that based on one study that hasn't been replicated, we should ignore our doctors advice and not take ANY over the counter or perscription anti-inflamatories?

My injuries seem to be healing quite well, even with the Naproxen. Thankfully to, because the Naproxen allows me to do physiotherapy, bike 10 miles, and jump from airplanes.

Of course, we should all be discussing the effects and side-effects of any drugs that we take with our doctors... But I'm certainly not going to give up my freedom over one study.

_Am

:Sare you a pharmacey tech or somthing?! damnation son!
I swear you must have footprints on the back of your helmet - chicagoskydiver
My God has a bigger dick than your god -George Carlin

30 minutes of actual work in an 8 hour shift:0:0

I love my job on days like this. I covered for one break, then did work that I actually enjoy. Fixing games, showing the new guy around, hanging out with Kelly, buying a "management lunch" (on the clock, of course) with $20 in quarters that we found in an arcade game that doesn't take quarters anymore. Great day, and they offered me a big raise to come back next summer.

I kinda like the crazy silly things people will post instead of humps...

I totally agree! I seriously doubt anyone wants to know how much sex I have, and if anyone did then that's probably exactly who I wouldn't want to tell.

But it's fun to think about the fact that this weekend I went to two county fairs and ate two corn dogs, drank two bottles of champagne with my lover last night, and had two other couples over for two dinners I cooked. Today I smoked two chickens in two different wood smokes (sugar maple and grape vine) and served two wines and also two sorbets for dessert.

Numbers can be fun.

First Class Citizen Twice Over

, drank two bottles of champagne with my lover last night,

In other words.. HE GOT some ;)

Sorry I missed ya all by flaking on the Freedom jam... When are you heading down my way?
I promise not to TP Davis under canopy.. I promise not to TP Davis under canopy.. eat sushi, get smoochieTTK#1

Y'all newbies weren't around when we started the numbers thing!;)

Pretty much.. after awhile most of us got tired of posting a 0 for the first number, ..

Well, then obviously there needs to be more SEX!! Generally. For everyone.
Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

We missed the freedom jam, too. I have an excuse though. I biffed my tailbone a couple of weeks ago under a downwind reserve ride. I'm finally better and I'm going jumping this next weekend again! :)

We'll be in SF from Sept 7th - 11th for a conference. It's not the vacation we hoped for, but hey! You take what you can get.

First Class Citizen Twice Over

CLAY was the only person on this thread who understands how to do it right!!

I am insulted. I know it humps:jumps:beer owed.
If you don't have humps to add I consider it highly appropriate to put a nother number in the first column provided you qualify it.
eg
1(date):5:1
1dat:5jumps:1case owed for first night cutaway
Just my $0.02
xj

"I wouldn't recommend picking a fight with the earth...but then I wouldn't recommend picking a fight with a car either, and that's having tried both."