nws01

What Should I Do?

Ha, am I the only person who does not have a job and is not looking for one here? I spent a great afternoon on Park Avenue in Winter Park. Just window shopping enjoying the weather. Now I'm enjoying a wonderfull microbrew from Maine. This evening I will read and listen to some classical music. Tomorrow I am going diving with the DZ crowd. Saturday - well we all know what we do over the weekend, only I have the option of staying till Monday if I so desire. I don't care what happens in a month ot two. I don't want to think about my retirement plan. I have no obligations - No job, no family, no girlfriend, no money. Who cares I am enjoying the sun!!! Why can't you guys do the same. Do you want to be corporate slaves for ever - trying to buy a bigger car than your neighbour just bought. QUIT - be free. of fear or worry. What will come will come, but there is nithing worse than this 21st century slavery.
jraf

Me Jungleman! Me have large Babalui.
Muff #3275

I have no obligations - No job, no family, no girlfriend, no money. Who cares I am enjoying the sun!!! Why can't you guys do the same.

I am very happy for you. You answer your own question. If I was single and without dependents I'd be living in a 5th wheel on the DZ.

I will be living in a 5th wheel on the DZ once I've met them. See you then!

John, we all make our choices. My choice is not to get tied down anymore. I was in your situation. I have made my choice. I realize a lot of you might find this annoying, and seriously guys sorry. You have to understand it is a certain trade off. Though I live a comfortable life I have no house with a garden. I have no wife or girlfriend to share my joys and sorrows with. I am alone, responsible (or irresponsible;)) for myself, but alone. If however tomorrow I decided to go to Africa and work for one of the relief organizations I may do so. Just pack my bags and leave.
jraf

Me Jungleman! Me have large Babalui.
Muff #3275

Not to be the downer here but you have to realize how fast money goes when you are not working. It would be nice to not have a job and be free but think of the things you would not be able to do without your job.

I don't like my job but it affords me things I otherwise could not do. With things tough (economy) right now I am happy to be employed and will wait till a better opportunity comes along or I am laid off..:| Sometimes you never realize how good you have it till it is gone...

Who am I kidding trying to give responsible advice. Quit and gor PATY BABY!!! WOOHOOO!!

B|

I have been looking for a partner to help me knock off a few drug dealers for some jump funds

Now we know why Mr KFC drug dealer is Packin.....

Mr. Nathan,
Tough call there. If I were 20 somethin again, I'd probably up n leave (uh wait.. I have) and see where life leads. at 30 somethin, I'd make sure I had all my ducks in a row before I went and shot myself in the foot. at 40 somethin (46 to be precise, when I kick my baby outta the house) I'm hoppin on my softail and rediscovering America. Can't do that then if I don't plan now
I promise not to TP Davis under canopy.. I promise not to TP Davis under canopy.. eat sushi, get smoochieTTK#1

Do you think I should live here if I hate it or pack the bags and see where life takes me?

-----------------

Life has ups and downs...if you outright hate where you are at, though, I think you can answer your own question.

You know what you want to do...quit trying to talk yourself out of it! :)

-S

I have a friend who has a house in Orlando and he does not live there. Maybe he would let me crash there again while I look for a job. Might have to look into it.;) Pete, I may see you again in Florida soon. I will have to make it to Pahokee and do the Pahokee Pookie with you!:ph34r:

Rawk! Bring bail money. ;)

--
Hook high, flare on time

I agree with the Florida advice. Summer is hot as hell but you get used to it. Winters aren't too bad. They only last a couple of weeks. Plenty of hotels in Orlando and Tampa. I live in Sarasota and we have Winter is the busy season. I thought I would never live in Florida or anywhere in the sout (native to the Philly area) but it's been almost 5 years and I don't want to leave.
Tough decision. Wish I had a savings to live on. Right now no job=no $$$= no skydiving.

Respect the Dolphin

Nathan, move while you can. Things don't get any easier as you get older. Make your major decisions now...you'll find yourself living with the decisions you make now for the rest of your life. Choose wisely!

G. Jones

"I've never been quarantined. But the more I look around, the more I think it might not be a bad idea."

You may have already made your decision, But here is my $.02 worth:
I'm a Michigander who fell in love with a guy from Massachusetts that I met while I was in the Army. When I got out of the Army, I stayed and lived in the Boston area for 3 years...the North Shore actually. It is pretty and I loved being close to the Ocean and having the mountains not far was nice too. BUT as a Mid-Westerner I hated it there and I never really felt like a belonged. I moved back to my home state.
I always have a Long range goal in mind that I work towards... Plus I also make plans for alternative short range goals, Plans A, B and/or C. Skills or trades that you can fall back on when the going gets rough are a great idea.
Hey, cold weather ain't always bad. There IS always winter sports like skiing.... AND Winter gives ya excuses to make great warm climes trip plans and road trips!
GOOD LUCK TO YA!