superstu

how did everyone pay for their first rig

just wondering how everyone paid for their first rig, i am trying to come up with the money to buy one right now and just can't find the money anywhere. damn this is pissing me off.
Slip Stream Air Sports
Do not go softly, do not go quietly, never back down

I prostituted myself, suffering physical and mental abuse on a daily basis to get my first rig. At least it was a worthy cause: my very own rig!

It's just sad to think of those other poor bastards who work at FedEx for nothing more than rent. :o;)

FallRate

bought it piece by piece. Reserve (round because it was cheap, and I've got some military exp. so I'm not worried about the landing) and container came together, then I put a down payment on a main, and paid the rest off ASAP. I still haven't managed to put an AAD in it, but maybe someday I'll be able to find some cash for that...:)

S.E.X. party #1

"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "f*#k, what a ride".

One student loan.
One full paycheck (80 hours of work).
300 dollars borrowed from girlfriend.

4 months later I've only been to afford 28 jumps on said rig; however I have finally (today in fact) paid back all debt, stayed in school, and this Wednesday I'm taking my girlfriend to Florida (Disney World) as an act of THANK YOU for helping me get my rig.

I've owned very few items so precious as my rig.

.:skip

We took out a signature loan for a few things, my first rig included. I bought it a piece at a time, made some repairs, built a gear bag for it. Then it was stolen about a month later, the homeowner's insurance paid replacement cost, and I got a brand new one (but the waiting about killed me).:)

Arrive Safely

John

Cash. It was used, I was employed, and my living expenses were low. I'd been saving for when a good rig showed up.
Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

I used all of my high school graduation money and had been saving money for months.

Hey Beau! How's things down at SEMO? I get an email from Jerry once in a while. Good to see he's doing well. Planning a trip down there mid January or so......Let's jump?
My rig....Was driving over the road. Took about 200 a week in payroll advances to live on. Yes, it costs this much to survive on the road, truckstops are expensive. Well, I eat 1 small meal a day, and put the rest aside. Kept looking in the classifieds here on dropzone.com, and put together a rig piece by piece. Flys great! Now, in a week or so, it goes up on ebay to the highest bidder.
It's your life, live it!
RB#684 "Corcho", ASK#60, Muff#3520, NCB#398, NHDZ#4, C-33989, DG#1

Savings, the RRSP kind. Decided it was more important to live now while I can, than save in hopes of doing things 'after I retire'. Besides, I lucked into an awesome deal and couldn't pass it up or wait.

I've owned very few items so precious as my rig.

So true! I was thinking the other day, that if my house were to burn down, the only things I'd be desperate to save are my photos, the disks with my writing, and my rig!

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.
-Robert A. Heinlein