PhreeZone

Weekend Numbers

"3 Mike's hard lemonade i remember drinking...after that it's a blur... "

That wouldn't be the Mikes that was part of my 'beer debt' payment? If so, glad to be of service ;)

"a 12way that grumpysmurf"
Wait, by spring, we'll have you doing Multi-Otter shots. No problem, mon!

"I met Lolie "
Lucky girl, within 5 minutes of dropping her off, I lost it on some dolt that decided to slam on his brakes in front of me with no one in front of him (well, if you didn't camp in the left lane, I wouldn't tailgate ya) - so I passed him, and returned the favor, only my Heap can stop alot quicker than most cars can - you could hear his brakes lock up and tires squeel over the stereo as I took off. it was great. :)
Oh yeah
Too tired from driving 600 miles to and from SDC this weekend to care: 3: 2 (and paid in full)
A 10 way, a 12 way, and an 8 way. First time on an Elliptical, first time on a Vengence - talk about SWEEEttttt! It dives like a serious MoFo! Fussier than the Sabre2 about how you pack it. Almost 0 toggle pressure when holding a spiral. Piece of cake to fly and land. Will write up a real reivew in the gear section after next weekend.

1 : 0 : lots, sort of....

1: significant birthday....#30! YIKES!!!

0: I really need to make a skydive!

lots: Lots of firsts...none of them skydiving related, so no beer!.......first night in a bed and breakfast...first time painting pottery....first bath with Marc.....I will just stop there....;):$;):$

Anne

~Anne

I'm a Doll!!!!

Less than 50 degrees in the lake by the airport : 5 : 1

A student chopped a baglock over the lake at the north end up the dropzone. The main deployment bag and canopy splashed down right in the center of the lake. I was up to my knees in freezing water and mud the whole way out and back to retrieve the thing. Never did find the freebag.

Two solo sit attempts. I'm fine 'til I hit terminal, then it's spin spin spin. Hop 'n pop. 7-way. 8-way. Very fun, but nothing especially stands out.

Beer for my new (first) jumpsuit.

uh-hum...
did you call????>:(

Yeah.. Friday night... I think...

besides, was it really worth $30, i mean, that's a jump and a half.

It was only $25. And I figured since I didn't get to jump all weekend, I might as well blow my money somewhere!
it's like incest - you're substituting convenience for quality

over 50:8:0
50 was how many people realized that "Chuck IS human" as they saw me blow my incredibly fast, downwind, rear riser approach, hit the left course-entrance airblade, then slide WELL over 100 feet on my outside left leg gripper and then ass as I spun around backwards mid-slide. Unbelievable. Everyone "barked like a dog" when I did it, since that is common skymonkey practice when people fall down on their landings. Lucky for me, no one caught it on video. ;)

Chuck

3:14:1

3 days jumping, rained out 1
rain? eloy? eh? but its sat... :(

lots of tracking dives..including some 'big way' tracks two 7s and a 9..very fun and mostly together.B|

my stripes finally arrived.I love my new FF pants.

This shit is gettint TOO expensive...Nomore first for me for a while!

Yeah, I hear ya! Now that I've gotten a bunch of the usual 'firsts' over and done with, my hubby does his FJC and gets hooked. Now we have all of his beer debt to pay...:|

0:0:0

0 = number of days that the dz was open, naturally resulting in the last two numbers. (sigh) Week one of a long, bleak winter. Good news of the weekend is that the dojo I used to train at should be re-opening, so I can train hard all winter. If I'm really sore from that, I won't miss jumping near as much.:S

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.
-Robert A. Heinlein

:P:0:0

Clouds sucked, but since I couldn't skydive, I went to see Jackass, the movie! It was hilarious!:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:
Also, got way to drunk at the Halloween party at Spaceland! So good weekend even though we couldn't jump!

BooYa#1
GR#50
You might be a skydiver if... Your having sex and she whispers in your ear "I've never done this before" and you yell out "Case of Beer"

211:2:2
211 pages of Geology I was supposed to read this weekend. Didn't really get around to it.... :P
2 jumps! Yay! Hadn't jumped for three weeks...
first jump with a dz.commer, and first kisspass.

I met Lolie and i'm happy to report she's way cool!!

Aww... :$:$

3 Mike's hard lemonade

Between the three you remember, and the three I remember, we drank half the case! Thanks GrumpySmurf! ;)

-Miranda
you shall above all things be glad and young / For if you're young,whatever life you wear
it will become you;and if you are glad / whatever's living will yourself become.

1 (kick ass year end party.) : 3 : ???

Saturday year ender, we almost killed a guy giving him shots of tequila, vodka, and sourpuss, just because we started betting on when he'd be out of the game. :D:$ It was meant all in fun, although I think it will be a few days yet before he sees the humour in it.

3 Jumps sunday (yes, the day after said party.) There were only four of us "hardocore" enough to jump with the weather. No wind, and snowing occasionally. 1 downwinder, 1 cross winder, and an into the winder. All were very much fun. (I really want a Samurai.)

I have no idea how much beer was consumed, but let's just say I don't think there's a brewery around that is in danger of going out of business. Just trying to do our part. B| I can't wait until spring!!!

S.E.X. party #1

"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "f*#k, what a ride".

0:2:0

Picked Stacy up from the airport about an hour later than I was supposed to. Didn't set my alarm clock right when I got home Friday night. Went straight from the airport to the DZ. Where we sat and watched the cloudy skies all day. About 430 PM we took off to do some relative work. It was my mom's birthday recently so I went to eat dinner over there. Drug Stacy along with me where she was THOROUGHLY bored to death by my family's incessant jabber about horses. Kinda like how skydivers make whuffo's feel. It works the same with people that have horses. :D Anyway...got up Sunday to pretty nice looking skies. I had to bitch and complain for over an hour before we finally got a pilot out there. Finally Stacy and I get to jump. On the way to altitude we both look at each other and ask "What are we gonna do? (In unison) I don't know...." :D So...me having tha camera and all I say...I'll just go off on my back and get a nice shot of you exiting then we'll link up and do something. So...That's pretty much what we did. I flattened out and we docked...I did a 360 and Stacy did a 720. Docked again. She sorta fruit loops me from the front and then goes head down. Flatten out...dock....head down again....finally got down to 4K and I gave her the universal free flyer break off hand signal. 1 Peace sign for the video. B| Finshed the jump off with a decent little swoop and came to a stop just a few feet from her. (She landed well before I did on that Jedei!!!) Did one more jump doing video for someone learning to sit fly before the clouds got low and thick again. Watched the Rantoul video from "Cowboy Productions" again. Then went on the scenic route back to Atlanta because of construction on I-75. Good thing we left early before the Nascar race was done. I would have never gotten back home!!!!!!! The weather is supposed to be beautiful for the boogie this coming weekend. It's on!!!!!!!B|

Lucky for me, no one caught it on video.

Then it never happened:P

:)
Did 8 tandem videos over Saturday and Sunday. One fun 3-way freefly train exit to campfire. Docked both the other guys in sit.

I'm finally winning the confidence of the Tandem Masters. It was really great. Most of the area upjumpers were up a Davis at their boogie. Weather was freaking perfect.

Back to work.>:(

Oh, and I hate the end of daylight savings time. Really.

3 boogie rules:1:1

First time organizing a small boogie weekend. Did one jump with four friends from my "old days". We had so much fun, we're doin' it again next year!

Boogie rules -
1) Do not land in the croquet court
2) Do not swoop the pond
3) Do not swoop the bbq area/alley

One massive chow in the pond on Saturday. One scary (but successful) swoop of the bbq area on Sunday.

3 boogie rules:1:1

Hey! Bytch!

I'm taking my cyber life in my hands, but isn't that more than one jump? A Chow and A Scary Swoop is a least two jumps, isn't it?

And, of course, if there's no pictures, there's no proof!

-and if there is pictures, it was your evil twin!B|

1:3:0

Saturday wa shitty weather that kept me at home, but Sunday I made 3 jumps, including one with our "mobile DZ"...

Uh, we land off the airport, anyway, and the van driver who brings us back had a flag, and there were clouds over the regular DZ...
Never meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!

4. Began at 14,000 and went down to about 9,500 by mid-afternoon when I left. Fortunately, what weather there was stayed high enough up for much of the day so we could jump. Roger left enough of a margin beneath the junk so we could avoid the ice crystals that were beginning to show up.

Harry
I don't drink during the day, so I don't know what it is about this airline. I keep falling out the door of the plane.

Harry, FB #4143

1 Boogie rule I violated : 5 jumps : I definately owe quite a bit

I won't say which rule i violated but it did scare the shit out of me. I must say that Lisa(aka Bytch) is the shit!! What a friggen weekend we put together. The Saturday night party was quite entertaining too;);)

Ah back to the real world...:P For now anyway...:)

So you were jumping with Jerry at SDC yesterday? Thought I saw some new faces. I was one of the freefly groups (jumpsuit in the pic to the left look familiar?). I jump with a bunch of that group from time to time, Jerry was one of our first load organizers a few years ago. He's good.

Harry
I don't drink during the day, so I don't know what it is about this airline. I keep falling out the door of the plane.

Harry, FB #4143