MattM

Never eat at Mcdonalds!

Oh, and one more thing....

I must say that the filet-o-fish sandwich is the BEST sandwich they serve at Micky D's. So what are you complaing about - you got the best deal!! LOL

Fish tastes like ass and smells worse than assmonkey himself.:S

Matt

Last year at WFFC, a bunch of us stopped at a local restuarant that always had a lot of cars out front. Walked in and immediately got a table. Ordered our drinks and appetizers. 30 minutes later no drinks or appetizers. Finally got the waiter and he brought the drinks. Another 30 minutes or so and they bring the wrong appetizer and we send it back. Another 30 minutes or so and they bring another wrong appetizer and we are out of drinks. Ask for water. Waiter brings a pitcher and tries to pour a glass of ice. He laughs and says "Oops! I forgot the water."

One of the cooks comes out of the kitchen and asks us what is wrong with the appetizers. We explain that we order the sampler platter and we keep getting the wrong order. She makes a few "kind" comments about the waiter and says she will get the correct appetizer for us.

We finally give up on the appetizers and after another eternity finally get to place our entre' orders.

We notice a group of Japanese jumpes at the next table. They have finished their entre's and are being served their salads...WTF?

The waiter comes back after a while and says "Sorry guys, we are out of baked potatoes. Want a substitute?"

A little while later, there is a commotion between our waiter and 4 customers at the table on our other side. The customers look familiar.

One of the customers comes up to us and says "Did you guys hear what the waiter said? He wants us to step out in the parking lot because we criticized his service!"

The manager comes over and asks us if the waiter threatened us. We say no, but to check with the 4 other customers. The manager gets in a heated discussion with the customers and then we see him talking to the waiter.

Then we notice the manager sitting at the bar flirting with two women and realize he has been there with them since we came in. Wonder what he is managing!

Ummhhh, now we have a new waitress! We ask her who the manager is with. She doesn't know the women, but the guy at the bar is the owner. Guess he is looking after his investment! Wonder if it is the restuarant or the two women.

The waitress is going to check on our orders and bring more beer. We get the beer and watch the 4 customers argue with another waiter about their steaks. Apparently they ordered New York Strips but their steaks have bones in them. AND they have baked potatoes! The 4 customers walk out of the restuarant; two of them took one or two bites and the other two did not touch their food. The waiter runs after them after they have driven off.

Boy this has been entertaining, but I'm getting hungry again. How long have we been in here?

The manager comes back over and says "Sorry about the troubles and delays guys. We have only been open 3 weeks for lunch and decided to open in the evenings just for the WFFC. I am going to comp your food, just pay for the drinks."

Finally our entre's arrive WITH baked potatoes.

After eating and with no more entertaining situations at hand, we go to the cashier and hand her the bill. The word "COMP" is written across the face of the bill.
She says "What is this? You can't get a free meal!" We direct her to the manager at the bar and just before walking out, I notice a pile of bills next to the cashier and "COMP" is written on all of the ones that I can see.

Wonder what they have in store for us this year?

Blue skies,

Jim

I seriously WILL NEVER complain to someone who handles my food. I will kiss their ass if I have to, to ensure my food is not fucked with. Avoid fast food you know they all watch Eminem fuck head spit in that burger and they like that shit! High prices =decent food handling if your ARE NOT an asshole! Stay tuned next week when Emerald jacks off into the LA governers' gumbo!

I can't go off and just boycott McD's...As everyone says, you occasionally get crappy service or bad food from any resturant. Just the other night i got physically sick from eating Olive Garden. Go figure. I don't eat at McD's a lot, but i do enjoy it on occasion. I know which locations in my city have crappy drive thru's, and which ones have the best breakfast burritos. It all comes down to location - not chain.

HERE'S MY GRIPE!
I totally agree with you of how much of a robbery it is for condiments. I mean what the hell, are ketchup and mustard the only things free anymore? There are so many better dipping sauces for food and french fries including ranch, bbq, honey mustard, and mayo. Yet i've been charged for all these condiments before. What a bunch of crap!

You know what you can do about this? Bring your own. A chicken wing place near us charges 75 cents for a few dips worth of ranch. We just started bringing in a bottle and putting it down in the middle of the table. We were approached about it before and they didn't seem to care when we said we'd raise hell and not come back if they told us to leave. No commotion since! :)

i have a dream...of a world where ranch will be free and free flowing, as much if not more so than its red and yellow brothers...we must end the discrimination of alternative condiments!
:)
b

nonono...there's more calories in the buns than in the beef.

no joke

nathaniel

So not true bro, i used to work there. The buns are just toasted through this conveyor belt machine. The meat is fat as hell. A normal little hamburger has 10 grams of fat. I worked there for 2 yrs and never had a single burger.

PCSS # 1 Rookeskydiver
"Its a Wonka Bar"....."Go ahead Charlie open it, lets see that golden ticket"

Nutrition Facts
Serving Size: 1 sandwich • 108g
Amount Per Serving

Calories 270 Calories from Fat 81

% DV*

Total Fat 9g 14%

Saturated Fat 3g 15%

Cholesterol 30mg 10%

Sodium 530mg 22%

Total Carbohydrate 35g 12%

Dietary Fiber 2g 8%

Sugars 6g

Protein 12g 24%

Vitamin A 2% • Vitamin C 4%

Calcium 15% • Iron 15%
------
All of this includes the bun. Note that there is more protein than fat in a McDonald's hamburger, yet more calories come from the fat than from the protein. That is because a gram of protein has about 3-4 calories, whereas a gram of fat has about 9 calories.

Red meat is high in iron & moderately high in calcium.

A McDonalds filet o' fish has nearly TWICE as much fat as a hamburger. Why? The filet o' fish is deep fried in fat, whereas the hamburger is cooked on a griddle.
Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

Nutrition Facts
Serving Size: 1 sandwich • 108g
Amount Per Serving

Calories 270 Calories from Fat 81

% DV*

Total Fat 9g 14%

Saturated Fat 3g 15%

Cholesterol 30mg 10%

Sodium 530mg 22%

Total Carbohydrate 35g 12%

Dietary Fiber 2g 8%

Sugars 6g

Protein 12g 24%

Vitamin A 2% • Vitamin C 4%

Calcium 15% • Iron 15%
------
All of this includes the bun.

But you haven't included the carton, which is surely the most nutritious and tasty part of the whole meal!

Taking the piss out of the FrenchAmericans since before it was fashionable.

Prenait la pisse hors du FrançaisCanadiens méridionaux puisqu'avant lui à la mode.

I ordered a cheeseburger and fries. When I got home, there was no burger... just the cheese and pickles on the bun.

Yep...I ordered a PLAIN quarter pounder. Said just the burger, no ketchup, no mustard, no pickles, no cheese, just a plain burger.

I got....a bun with cheese, pickles, ketchup and mustard. :S

No one else has had any restaurant horrors? >:(

Um Friday morning driving back from Indiana to the DZ in Omro I stopped at Arbys (exit 329 on I94 in WI, just so you know where to avoid).

Breakfast was pretty much out of the question, as it makes me tired, so I decided on an order of Chicken Fingers and an order of Mozzarella sticks.

I was prett much the only one there, and nothing was pre made, so i actually got to se them make it fresh, just for me.

Hopped back in the semi, and headed north, munching as I went.

Less than a half an hour later, the chicken is gone, and I'm on the last mozz stick. Suddenly something didn't seem quite right. I never finished that stick.

By the time I got to Oshkosh (2 hours or so) I was in serious agony. Cramps, nausea, bloating, the works. Stopped in a truck stop in Oshkosh for some Pepto, and chugged it from the bottle.

I then made the 10 minute drive from the truck stop to the DZ. Dropped my trailer in Omro, and drove my truck to the DZ. Said hi to everyone, yada yada yada.

FOUR hours later I finally felt good enough to get my gear out of the truck and into the hanger. That's as far as it got.

I sat at the DZ ALL FRIGGIN DAY, and never got on a load. If I had a jump ticket for every time I was asked if I was gonna jump, well, I could jump all spring for nothing.

Remember people, Arbys=Food Poisoning.
It's your life, live it!
RB#684 "Corcho", ASK#60, Muff#3520, NCB#398, NHDZ#4, C-33989, DG#1

No one else has had any restaurant horrors? >:(

Sure, who hasn't?

I was running around one morning with my daughter, and we happened to pass by the local Mickey D's... daughter tells me she's hungry, so we decide to drive thru said MD's for some quick breakfast... upon arrival at the order window (face to face service!), we're informed that they've stopped serving breakfast, and had started switching over to the lunch menu service, 5 minutes max and they'd be ready, so we decide to wait, and we order her a burger and fries.

Get to the pay window (the seperate oder window/pay window thing speeds up service, at least in theory ;-)), pay for our food... and wait... and wait... and wait... finally, we're asked to pull around to the front, and wait some more. I don't recall what she ordered, but I swear it wasn't even a special order...

After waiting around front for another 10 minutes, I exit the car and go inside. I bypass the line, work my up to the counter, and gain the attention of one of the kids behind the counter. He turns to me and says "what do you want?" Me being already less than happy, I glare harshly, and ask him rather loudly if he doesn't mean "May I help you, sir"...

By now, I have all of their attentions... the first kid stammers back "uh yeah, may I help you sir"... I inform him that we've now been waiting a total of 20 minutes, both in line, and out front, for our food. About that time, the original order taker shows up, with both my food, and my money back, apologizes profusely, and hands me both... hoping I'll leave quietly, I'm sure! :ph34r:

So much for "fast" food!

"If all you ever do is all you ever did, then all you'll ever get is all you ever got."

Trivia: Does anyone else here know that McDonalds is the largest contributer to the NAACP?

In their favor, cook and wait staff notwithstanding, there is just no other fast food joint with a better breakfast. I am all about The Hotcake Special. Other than that, I can't stand Mickie D's.

On another fast food note: Hardees has become my junk food joint of choice in Raeford. They have a roast beef sandwich nearly as good as Arbys, plus now that they sell chicken you can get mashed potatos and gravy exactly as good as the best in the world, KFC. That being said, I always substitute mashed potatos and gravy for the lame-ass fries they have; yummy.

Chuck

No one else has had any restaurant horrors?

My wife got food poisening from a corn dog at the ballpark in Frederick, Maryland. She called them up later, after her hospital visit. In apology, they offered her coupons for free food at the ballpark. Morons!

I got sick from food I ate once. I ate a burger of some form.. in a bus station.. in Ecuador. Go figure! :$;)

While most fast food sucks, there are some pretty good ones (as in good food and relatively healthy) around here. Subway and Submarina are both pretty good and you can watch them make the sandwiches; reduces concerns about 'how'd that hair get in there?' Chipotle's is a new mexican fast food place that prides itself on fresh and healthy stuff (including going overboard and claiming that they only slaughter happy pigs.) If you must have burgers, In-n-Out has about the best fast-food hamburgers I've seen so far, but is limited to CA-NV-AZ.