sangiro

Stopping Dropzone Mail Abuse

Heya all,

As some of you may have noticed there has been some abuse of the Dropzone Mail application. At least one individual seem to be registering usernames and sending spam from his Dropzone.com mail account. The only way I can really control this is to limit the number of messages a person can send. We've just implemented a patch to help me do this.

I have two variables to play with but I'd like to hear from people who actually use the Dropzone.com Mail account what the limitations should be set to. The two variables are:

1) Number of emails a person can send per day
2) Number of people (email addresses) that can be included in a single mailing.

So, I'm tempted to make this pretty tight till this person goes away. How about:

1) 15
2) 6

Thoughts? Tell me how you guys use it - if you use it legitimately. :P
Safe swoops
Sangiro

sounds good to me. I would warn this person and if they refused to stop spamming then I would revoke their membership.

I have nuked this persons membership more than 8 times now... he keeps on coming back and registering under a new name.

No problem tracking an killing his names... problem is every time I find out he has already done some damage by sending another spam.
Safe swoops
Sangiro

Hey sunny!

I'm not talking about the forums or the PMs... I'm talking about the email system (top right link in the main navigation bar). here in the forums you are welcome to fire away at will. Welcome on board. :)

Safe swoops
Sangiro

sounds good to me. I would warn this person and if they refused to stop spamming then I would revoke their membership.

I have nuked this persons membership more than 8 times now... he keeps on coming back and registering under a new name.

No problem tracking an killing his names... problem is every time I find out he has already done some damage by sending another spam.

That sucks. Guess there isn't much else you can do but restict everyone. They are probably using proxy servers to hide ipaddress.

Thoughts? Tell me how you guys use it - if you use it legitimately.

I use it to receive rather than send,
anyway most people have a regular account to send stuff from so a limit would not bother me.

Why not just kick his ass and be done with it.

-- Hope you don't die. --

I'm fucking winning