PhreeZone

Weekend Numbers (Nov 8-9)

1 Class reunion:4:We don't need a reason to drink beer ;)

I went back to attend my class reunion this weekend, interesting to see how little a lot of people changed and to see how big the same clicks and groups still were. I went to a small farming school (~85 graduates) and probally 65% of the people still live with in 5 miles of where they grew up, probally 20% of those still lived with their parents. Needless to say me moving away and doing something like becoming a skydiver sent ripples through this calm "little box" existance that most of them had. It sounded like the most exciting thing that any one did (before I mentioned I jump, climb, snorkle, backpack and snowboard :ph34r:) was someone went on a cruise. Other then that it seemed like all they knew how to do was get married and pop kids out. :S

I'd rather hang out with jumpers any day of the week then have to deal with boring lives like were talked about last night again. Thank something for letting me find a culture thats as diverse and fulfilling as skydiving. :)

As for the jumps... 2 tandems and 2 fun jumps. Not bad for the ground temps being in the high 30's and temps at exit being near or below 0. I did 2 jumps with JadedLady and worked on her freeflying and belly skills. Fun weekend.

Whats everyone else up to?
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

0:0:0

Had a phone call on Thursday saying I'd got the job I interviewed for on Monday, so I planned on going to the DZ now I could expect some income.

Then, on Friday night........bleeeeeuuuuuuuurrrrrrghhhhhh!!!!!!!!!

Both ends decided to relaaaaaaaaxxxxxx, and there I was at 3.30 Saturday morning, sitting on the crapper with a bucket between my knees, bringing up bile - nice.

Boy am I pissed off. AND I have to go to work tomorrow. >:(

Nick
---------------------------
"I've pierced my foot on a spike!!!"

0:3:0

3 nice and cold jumps yesturday. Was a good time, had been almost 2 months since I jumped a turbine. Man the King Air seems fast when your used to cessnas.
~D
Where troubles melt like lemon drops Away above the chimney tops That's where you'll find me.
Swooping is taking one last poke at the bear before escaping it's cave - davelepka

0:5:0 5 nice jumps saturday then decided to stay in sunday and get some much needed work done (damn I want to jump!).

---------------------------------------------
let my inspiration flow,
in token rhyme suggesting rhythm...

No jumps.:(

I think class reunions are cool because of the brain cells/neurons that have been dormant for so long get stimulated into working again. It can really get your mind sort of swimming around. It made me contemplate the nature of how our memory works.

Even though the reunion wasn't what you had hoped, I think you're probably better off for attending.

Phree, here's a pic of you sliding in a tandem in better weather conditions:
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

4 great jumps on Sunday. It is spring in OZ. There was not a cloud in sky, the wind was moderate and the temperature around 80 F. Last jump in T-shirt and shorts doing a horny gorilla. Yea, baby...
---------------------------------------------------------
When people look like ants - pull. When ants look like people - pray.

:):1:0

made 1 jump friday at sgc and had waaaaaaaaaaaaay too much to drink on saturday starting at 9am:) tailgaiting for the osu game all day long! went shopping and had sushi today with friends. good, fun weekend, but too cold for jumping for me!

7 more days til my hot military boy comes home:3:2

I miss my daily phone calls and emails from my hottie....i can make it til the 17th i think....

3 jumps - 2 evaluation jumps for my coach rating, 1 super awesome FF jump. I jumped a Samurai for the first time this weekend. That is one sweet kick ass canopy. I don't wanna give it back to michael.

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

4 on saturday and then 3 on sunday. did an intentional cut-away, so i freefell twice, does that count as 2 jumps;)

We were actually discussing this the other day, and it all depends on how you fill out your log book. For example...

jump number N:
Aircraft: 208B
Exit Altitude: 13500ft
Equipment: mirage/sabre135
FreeFall: 60sec

jump number N+1:
Aircraft: sabre135
Exit Altitude: 2500ft
Equipment: mirage/dash-m 135
FreeFall: 3sec

0:0:5

Saturday winds were incredibly high all day, Sunday was BEAUTIFUL. The blue skies made me almost forgot it was 40 degrees outside (on the ground). Did a few CRW jumps, naked hop n pop, and no freeflying (what the heck is wrong with me:S). Was a great sunday though.:)
"Women fake orgasms - men fake whole relationships" – Sharon Stone
"The world is my dropzone" (wise crewdog quote)
"The light dims, until full darkness pierces into the world."-KDM

1:1:0

Taught AFF class on Saturday - always fun and exciting, but it does limit the jumping for the day. One awesome FF jump with dsbbreck and DrewEckhardt.

It's getting cold in Colorado. I wanna jump where it's warm!!!

Another reason I don't like Colorado - there's a "blue law" where you can't buy (or even look) at automobiles on Sunday. You can't buy liquor here on Sunday either. What kin dof hick state is this anyway? If I wanna get drunk and test-drive a Porsche on Sunday, I should have every right to do so.
Trapped on the surface of a sphere. XKCD

0:2:1

1st gear transition. Pituful, but its about freekin time. Oh, and first time Ive had to climb over a Tandem student because she was NOT gonna leave that 182. Kinda felt sorry for her, the look of absolute terror. It was cool knowing I was all alone up there and I had the sky to myself.

dropdeded
------------------------------------------
The Dude Abides.
-

a lot:11:a couple

I don't know if my jump numbers are correct, but I know I bought at least two cases of beer, though I don't really have any specific reasons for doing so.

This weekend was the Hog Flop boogie at Palatka. My scambles team won the meet; Katie's got second. I did a bit of everything there: BirdMan, RW, freefly, hog-flop, and even a tandem.

Big Mike put us up in his camper, so life was good.

Chuck