sangiro

Lamb Stew

I know someone who makes a brilliant lamb stew. She's not here (I miss her) so I have to give it a go myself. I'm a pretty good cook, but have not made many lamb stews. Beef, yes. Lamb, no. I love it though.

True to my style I cook without a recipe... Here's what I've tossed in there so far:

* Lamb pieces
* Sliced Bacon
* Cannellini beans
* Potatoes
* Tomato paste
* Sun dried tomatoes
* Fried onions
* Garlic
* Thyme
* Basil
* Ground black pepper
* Red wine

Fried up and browned the good stuff and have the whole concoction in the oven for last 30 minutes... Will let it go another 30.

So, all you lamb experts out there. What else do I need in here? Alternatively, if you recognize a combination here that has killed someone before, please let me know in the next half hour!

(Good thing is there's a McDonalds just 3 blocks away! :P)
Safe swoops
Sangiro

Scott is absolutely right...

Your recipe sounds fine, but you need to finish the meal with a proper beverage (and dessert).

I think that ... with lamb, a lighter red will do, in fact I think you can get away with a hearty white wine if preferred!

Just ensure you have plentiful quantity for all guest!

Sounds like quite the meal!

Chris

After every meal, something flaming is the big hit... Bananas Foster... (extinguish the flames quickly to perserve the alcohol!)

Sangiro had a little lamb...:D

mh
"The mouse does not know life until it is in the mouth of the cat."

Broiled Lambchops are great!!

The recipe HH used sounds fine. I probably wouldn't have put it in the oven. Maybe simmered it in a big pot on the stove..

"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them."

Alternatively, if you recognize a combination here that has killed someone before, please let me know in the next half hour!

I hope I'm not too late, but I recongnize a combination that has killed at least one pig and one lamb. Don't Eat That Stew :o
Keith

Don't Fuck with me Keith - J. Mandeville

I'm from Africa. Lamb is a vegetable! ;)

I think carrots would be good... if I had them..

We africans think alike!

Carrots would be good... or other veggies with structural integrity. Maybe Brocolli? I hope you did some rice as well to help soak up the good bits!

t
It's the year of the Pig.