skybytch

Weekend numbers

:)
Back in the air in Kapowsin and Snohomish..Jumping the PISA Conquest till my Samurai gets made and my Triathlon gets fixed.. At least the Conquest still flies good.. I had not jumped it since last OCT.. With all the travel I have been sticking to the TRI.. for all the coolio jumps at night and in places I was not familiar with.

Lots of the places I have traveled to have a lot more landing area than Snohomish... as you can see in the pictures..Being accurate at Snoho is a VERY good thing.

Good Dive.. and a 14K H and P for piciies at Sunset yesterday.

0-2-0 , was too windy to jump saturday. Had the best day of my fledgling skydiving career today. Finally relaxed during freefall and really "felt it" I don't think I smiled that much in all my previous jumps combined. What a great feeling to finally nail the arch and really feel comfortable up there, was the best skydive of my life and not even getting my first hard opening dampened my good vibes. Today, was a good day. P.S. The sunset at skydive sobe is everything I've heard it to be.

"Don't Mess Around With the Guy in Shades- Oh No!!! "

0:5:2

5 jumps on Saturday at the Elsinore ExCel Camp. . .yay. . .

2 cases owed for 1. Jumping my own first rig and 2. a personal one to Grasshopper for packing the damn canopy. . .(read: crispy, slippery ZP with crispy lines packing into a VERY TIGHT D-Bag. . .).
FGF #6
Darcy

30 :P:12:I'm not sure...I'm a little tired right now.

30 minutes in the tunnel on Friday...omg. (YEAH baby!!!) B|
11 4-way jumps...now that's what I'm talking about! B| + 1 awesome fun jump (a sunset 3-way Do-si-Do) = 12 jumps total

Last year, I sadly slowed down my jumping...only jumped 3 jumps between Oct. and the Eloy Boogie. Then, this year, I only jumped one and half days in Moss Point and one day here before this weekend. I felt so uncurrent (even though technically I was current).

This weekend, I made up for lost time with John Hamilton's 4-Way Camp at Elsinore. I flew with an amazing instructor (Doug). He's unbelievable. I'm so very happy (and tired) right now. This camp kicked my ass, but, in my heart, I wish that I could have flown even more, esp. skydives with block moves. Block moves ROCK!!!

Btw, I am officially in LOVE with 4-WAY. Then, again, I ALWAYS knew that I had a passion for it...yeah, I'm spanked! B| :)

:):0:1

No jumping this weekend - howling winds, rain and a bit of hail. English weather really does suck :P

Gremlin and I went to a wedding on Saturday and we surely must owe beer for, whilst standing outside the church after the service, watching the howling winds catch the bride's veil and blow it onto the roof of the church! :o:D

Vicki

1: sprained ankle that includes a slightly fractured Fibula

Wow, Tim, we're like twins. I sprained my ankle too! :S

1 (sprained ankle):4:0

My injury isn't a big incident or anything. I was running out a landing on a no wind morning and I hit a little rut in the grass and sprained my right ankle. The amount of swelling makes it look a lot worse, but I'll trust the docs I guess. I got yelled at for refusing drugs at the hospital and not sharing them with my friends! :ph34r:

Does anyone have my shoe? I love my matchy-matchy sneakers and can't find it!
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

1 (maybe 2):9:0

1 "bye bye" from my guy Friday AM...and then my first landing where I hit the ground, drop my rig and run across the field to check on a "down pal" :P...Andrea, your shoe was near all your stuff - are you sure it isn't floating around your truck or stuck in a bag somewhere?

Despite an early stuffy nose, some crazy howling winds on Saturday and NO WIND on Sunday - I made 9 SCHAWEET jumps including 1 kick ass beach jump....it was a FABULOUSO weekend :P

Dreams become reality, one choice at a time...

0:3: A LOT

3 jumps at the Roaming DZ boogie, including one FIRST HELICOPTER JUMP! That rocked!!! B|B|B|

And to all the DZ.commers I met there, I had an awesome time! Chaos Kitty, Panzwami, Thanatos, Katiebear, SkyMonkeyOne, and probably 10 more people (it's early, so sue me :D)-- you guys rock! I had a blast meeting you! B| And thanks Lisa and Chris for an amazing boogie! :)
Kelly

;):2:lottsa jello shots and muff punch!

huh, no winds in sebastian on sunday? we sat out most of sunday (all of saturday) due to gusts at zhills...I figured you guys would be even windier...oh well, there's always next week!
(related post on the 'what did you do this weekend thread'....)
marc

OH MY GOSH...Saturday we did have some winds after all the clouds passed but the sky was blue - some braved the winds and eased some worried minds so others wrapped up Saturday with some fun and safe jumps.

Hardly a stitch of wind ALL DAY Sunday...it was GGGGRRRRREAAAAAAAAAAAAAT!

Dreams become reality, one choice at a time...

:):6:1

Just ask Jaimie Johnson about that first number...
6 beautiful jumps with old and new friends...
1 case owed (and several bought) for my first heli jump with a muchie good lookin' pilot!;)

Twas a kickin' time in Dublin... got to meet some new dz.com folks and see old friends. Chris and Lisa (and others) worked their tail ends off! Thanks guys!:)

Katie
Get your PMS glass necklace here

400:14:1

400: Only a few would understand...
14: finished my tandem rating did a few freefly jumps and a bunch of hop and pops...
1: has to do with 400, but cant really elaborate

:P/5/1

5 jumps. I owe beer for my first tube exit (thanks, Max!)

1 absolutely awful landing, any worse and I wouldn't have walked away from it. I lost a contact lens in freefall and had no depth perception at all while trying to land. Flared about 30 feet too high, and then, realizing I was too high, brought the toggles up a bit, intending to re-flare, and the canopy dove and hit the ground.

I landed hard on my knees/shins, and then rolled out the rest of the momentum. I was preparing for a PLF, but it all happened too fast and I had no idea where the ground was, plus I was downwind (couldn't see well enough to read the flag) so I was coming in pretty fast. I ended up with a sorta plf that wasn't real effective. (note to self: practice those more.)

This morning, my shins are pretty much solid bruises and I'm taking lots of aleve.

If I'd been flying a smaller canopy, I most probably would have seriously injured if not killed myself.

Glad you are okay, Nightingale..

For me.. :)

Had a blast at Byron this weekend. The gang was all there. :P

edited to add.. thanks Iwan, for posting the pic of me anticipating GFD's exit in our little chase Shannon jump. Belly-flying can be fun! ;)
chopchop
gotta go... Plaything needs a spanking..

Lotsa Pictures

0:11:1

First customer that bought digital stills this weekend, 11 nice jumps.
6 tandems and 5 fun jumps!

One "try to catch Girlfalldown" jump with Chopchop and Girlfalldown!

Ouch.. I forgot another case of beer, just wanted to set the record straight here..

0:11:2

First tandem jump that bought my stills, and my first landing out in Byron! It was OUT allright, landed about 2 miles from the airport in a cow field. Instead of shooting us, the farmer drove us back to the airport!

Looks like y'all are a little lost aren't ya?