tsalnukt

Cat pee on canopy

Did the pee dry before you found it?

My rigging days are far behind me but IIRC getting the pee out while it is still wet is much easier than once it dries. Something about the uric acid crystallizing, no? Other riggers? Bueller? Bueller?

Elvisio "bomp bomp, chicka chicka" Rodriguez

I was going to say the same thing, burn it. Even with ZP that shit will still come back even with a wash or two, hot aug. day sweat'n your A off and you lay down to get the air out, it will stink like cat piss!

Did you know that a cat will land on all four feet, even from 10K.
you can't pay for kids schoolin' with love of skydiving! ~ Airtwardo

I remember something like:

Every time you go low, God kills a cat.

Jump it alot and go low every timeB|

It's called the Hillbilly Hop N Pop dude.
If you're gonna be stupid, you better be tough.
That's fucked up. Watermelons do not grow on trees! ~Skymama

What is the "dealing with cat pee" surcharge from the packers?? Probably going cost you $20 per pack job now.

On the other hand, if you pack yourself, you and the canopy will soon smell the same, and you won't notice it any more. ;)

The meaning of life . . . is to make life have meaning.

About 8 years ago a cat pissed on the rig of a guy I know. It's been jumped a lot since then.

When it's hot and humid it stinks like hell.

That's my experience - YMMV
"Even in a world where perfection is unattainable, there's still a difference between excellence and mediocrity." Gary73

I challenge this theory...and let me tell you, when I take up a challenge I am always right (unless proved wrong by painfully horrific, yet satisfying video).

Stupid cats...

If the DZO won't let you test the "landing on feet" theory from the aircraft, I'd be pleasantly satisfied with a remotely ignited, av-gas filled fire pit, baited with heaps of cat nip. Wait for it...wait for it...NOW! Whoosh...MEOW!!!! Whoosh...Whoosh...silence.
"When once you have tasted flight..."

i'vw used a mixture of hydrogen peroxide, baking soda and water. to get dried cat urine out of a couch before and off a vinyl car seat another time. i used a black light to be sure i got it all, it glows greenish-yellow. i can't remember the exact ratio for the mixture but i think it can be found online.
diamonds are a dawgs best friend

Repeated rinsing in fresh water and a through drying is about the best you can do.

If you can get to it before it dries, the better off you'll be.

Take more precautions in the future to keep gear and cats separate.

Personally, I wouldn't try any of the "piss-off" products suggested up thread, but over to y'all.

If it got on the container / reserve, now things become a bit more dicey. Again, repeated douching in fresh water and a through drying is about it, but you're also at the mercy of your rigger if he or she will consider the container / reserve "air worthy" afterwards. Search the forums, there's probably been discussion of it around here already, maybe.

I'm not a big fan of cats and this thread seems to have elicited the predictable responses from those who feel similar... but I've got a Remington 870 pump-action cat catcher y'all can borrow... :P

Has anyone ever tested this? I had a friend with a SF HALO team back in the late 80s who said that a guy on his team took his wife's cat along on a jump. Flew on his back after exit and unzipped his jumpsuit to let the cat out. As soon as he did, the cat freaked and started clawing all over his face so he threw it and was never able to regain a hold of it. He says it did get stable belly down and remained that way all the way down. Don't know if it was a BS story but it was funny the way he told it.
Andy
I'll believe it when I see it on YouTube!