wingnut

what would you have done if asked this...

okay so here is my situation..........

there are two dropzones at the airport 3 miles from my house... dropzone "A" hase a 182,206, and a caravan. Dropzone "B" has a Cessna 207 (looks like a stretched 206 for you that don't know what it is).. well my frinds run dropzone "B" and i just am friendly withthe other dzo's of dropzone A on a buisnesslevel as customer and owner (well besides some good times after the beer light has come one) well dropzone b asked me if i could help them out and fly video for some tandems they had so i said yes... i had been asked previously that dropzone "a" requseted that i not jump at B since they didn't want to contribute to my jumps helpingme get better so that i could work for A. well my friends were in a bind so i agreed and made 3 tandem video jumps yesterday for them and then went alongon a demo they had planed.......fast forward to today at about 1pm....

i go to dropzone A to try an get on a load and they say they have to talk to me..... wel they pretty much tell me that i have to choose, fun jump at thier dz (of which i've done about 50 jumps this year there) and not work or jump at dz B or that i was no longer welcome there as long as i jumped at dz B. well i try and stay out of politics and there is some good ones between these two dz's but i guess i got wraped up into it of my own doing... i jump(ed) at all 3 dz's in northern utah up untill today.......... now it's just 2 of the three........dz B won.......yes i passed on the caravan for a piston cessna dz with barely enough jumpers to send up a load withought a tandem.....

so what would you do?????...................

in all fairness though i do have to say this i think i parted on semi good terms with DZ "A" and loved jumping there and will miss the people. a great place to jump as long as you don't get mixed up in this paticular bit of polotics.......

p.s. if you know what dz's i'm talking about please don't say cuz it's not my intention to bad mouth anyone....hence why i've taken off myhome dz on my profile so i'm not helping you eliminate whch one it was.........

A dropzone being jealous?

Tell them to fuck off, suck your dick or lick your asshole, which ever you want.

I HATE bullshit like that.

Around here there are quite a few DZs in a few hours drive, so folks tend to hop around quite a bit. No one cares, its fun, since you get to jump with a lot of other folks at different places and bring back new skills or new jumpers to your DZ.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Dave, thats BS. It might have been understandable had you been working at both DZs and maybe caused a bit of a riff that way, similar to how some professions have you sign no-compete agreements (not skydiving mind you, just an example). They have no right to make a fun jumper chose between fun jumps or working at different DZ.Business and pleasure are to seperate situations. I'm glad you left on semi good terms though even if they were being petty.Hopefully you're better off this way.Thats MHO.

"...just an earthbound misfit, I."

Well, from one of most "low time locals" here on dz.com, I have to say it's not even a question.

My first home dz had some real BS issues with a rival just down the road (maybe fifteen minutes). I stayed out of it. If one told me I had to choose them or never come back, I would've had some very colorful and unique word combinations for them.

If I were you, I'd miss the caravan, but to hell with all that garbage. Any DZO that thinks you paying your way onto his loads is him "helping you get batter" has some serious issues to think about. He is providing you a service just like any other fun jumper. If he wants to put conditions on it, he shouldn't be surprised when he is "helping out" one less jumper.

I'm glad you stuck by your friends, and sorry this crap came to your doorstep.
witty subliminal message
Guard your honor, let your reputation fall where it will, and outlast the bastards.
1*

They suck and you don't. That's sad they're putting customers into this situation.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

considering that dropzone b is only in existance because they wanted to drive dropzone a out of business, you can't expect dropzone a be happy with you helping them achieve those ends.

Death is so permanant, and I'm just not ready for that kind of committment.

okay so here is my situation..........

there are two dropzones at the airport 3 miles from my house... dropzone "A" hase a 182,206, and a caravan. Dropzone "B" has a Cessna 207 (looks like a stretched 206 for you that don't know what it is).. well my frinds run dropzone "B" and i just am friendly withthe other dzo's of dropzone A on a buisnesslevel as customer and owner (well besides some good times after the beer light has come one) well dropzone b asked me if i could help them out and fly video for some tandems they had so i said yes... i had been asked previously that dropzone "a" requseted that i not jump at B since they didn't want to contribute to my jumps helpingme get better so that i could work for A. well my friends were in a bind so i agreed and made 3 tandem video jumps yesterday for them and then went alongon a demo they had planed.......fast forward to today at about 1pm....

i go to dropzone A to try an get on a load and they say they have to talk to me..... wel they pretty much tell me that i have to choose, fun jump at thier dz (of which i've done about 50 jumps this year there) and not work or jump at dz B or that i was no longer welcome there as long as i jumped at dz B. well i try and stay out of politics and there is some good ones between these two dz's but i guess i got wraped up into it of my own doing... i jump(ed) at all 3 dz's in northern utah up untill today.......... now it's just 2 of the three........dz B won.......yes i passed on the caravan for a piston cessna dz with barely enough jumpers to send up a load withought a tandem.....

so what would you do?????...................

in all fairness though i do have to say this i think i parted on semi good terms with DZ "A" and loved jumping there and will miss the people. a great place to jump as long as you don't get mixed up in this paticular bit of polotics.......

p.s. if you know what dz's i'm talking about please don't say cuz it's not my intention to bad mouth anyone....hence why i've taken off myhome dz on my profile so i'm not helping you eliminate whch one it was.........

I've seen and experienced this many times over the years. My answer is always the same, "sorry you choose to behave in this most dishonorable manner, cya ...if you ever see how out of line you are, give me a call, I'd love to jump here again."

Michael

considering that dropzone b is only in existance because they wanted to drive dropzone a out of business, you can't expect dropzone a be happy with you helping them achieve those ends.

Sounds like the pot calling the kettle black. Come up with all the excuses you want, it is piss poor behavior to lay something like that on a paying customer. Could that attitude be the reason the other DZ started up?
Sparky
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

That's really not wingnut's problem.

It does strike me as a way to make that a self fullfilling prophesy, though.

considering that dropzone b is only in existance because they wanted to drive dropzone a out of business, you can't expect dropzone a be happy with you helping them achieve those ends

actually it's just because they can... sometimes off hand comments get made that aren't the root of the reasons..........dz "B" has no chance to drive dz "A" ot of buisness.... they already had the tandems... and only make like 5 bucks a video after they paid me and paid for the slot and paid for the video tape....

i had been asked previously that dropzone "a" requseted that i not jump at B since they didn't want to contribute to my jumps helpingme get better so that i could work for A.

Huh? Don't follow, could someone who speaks wingnut please translate. :)

I would tell DZ "A" to pound sand up their asses.

I am a CUSTOMER, not an employee.

Plus, even if I was an employee...Unless I am full time I have the right to work other places.

Like I said...if true...fuck em.

I would also post the DZ name (Even though it would not be hard to find out who it is.)
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

What Ron says.....and to add to that, these owners need to get a life. If drop zone A has no financial ties to you (you work full time for them, you would leave them in a bind, etc.) I would definitely opt for drop zone B. We have this same situation down here in Florida with videomen, instructors and pilots. The drop zone owners though are much more forgivng about people going to other dz's when your "home" dz may not be the "happeng" place on a particular weekend.
blue skies,

art

The folks at DZ A owe you an apology. They have absolutely no right to try and intimidate you out of making any choice in your life. They don't own you and have absolutely no say so about any personal decision in your life. If they are so immature they act like that then they have no business running a dz.

If the owner of DZ-A is reading this, hey: Fuck You. Bullshit intimidation tactics like that are uncalled for. This is a FUN sport and shyte like you've just pulled has no place in it.
>:(
Vinny the Anvil
Post Traumatic Didn't Make The Lakers Syndrome is REAL
JACKASS POWER!!!!!!

Going to dropzone B would be my choice as well. And, I would post dropzone A's name up so that other people who disagree with that type of tactics can ensure they never go to dropzone A.
Life is short! Break the rules! Forgive quickly! Kiss slowly! Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably. And never regret anything that made you smile.

Going to dropzone B would be my choice as well. And, I would post dropzone A's name up so that other people who disagree with that type of tactics can ensure they never go to dropzone A.

I agree...I have heard of a lot of BS from DZs as well, and this is probably some of the worst. What you do and where, is your business. Attitudes like that turn people off of DZs and sometimes to skydiving altogether.:S

~R+R:|...I'm tired, need sleep...
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Fly the friendly skies...^_^...})ii({...^_~...

I'll just go ahead and confirm what every other person in this thread has said: I would tell DZ A to take their caravan and shove it up their ass. That DZO is a fucker, regardless of what kind of relationship you may have had before. Competition is the name of the game, and if I was shopping at Express and they told me I couldn't go to Banana Republic (not like I have the money for either :D), I would tell them to go fuck themselves. If someone can't handle competition, maybe they shouldn't be a business owner. :|

Kelly

That just plain sucks!!! there is no need for that withing the skydiving comunity. >:(

Yeah I second Dave on that one, fuck them.

Yep - Fuckem
Fuckem Hard - and fuckem good!:P
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

dz "B" has no chance to drive dz "A" ot of buisness....

Yes they do! Or rather DZ A will drive THEMSELVES out of business with customer support plan like theirs. The just have to sting enough of the right bunch of customers and they will go across the street. Bigger aircraft, if needed, are just a phone call away.
Let the word get out. This is how they treat people.

Tell them they lost a customer for life(and let them ponder the economic impact of that!!!)No reason why everyone cant get along......and most people I know dont respond well to ultimatums.....particularly from a business that they patronize!!!What a bunch of idiots!!!!!!
Marc SCR 6046 SCS 3004