Rdutch

Do men and women think alike?

Me and Vallerina disagree about this. I think that men and women don't think about things the same way. She thinks they do. While either of us can't prove it we can get a general idea with this poll.

Either way Im interested in seeing the general idea on what people think.

Ray
Small and fast what every girl dreams of!

Nope. Not even close. This isn't the best example but look at the difference between the way guys and girls handle break-ups. Besides all of boys thoughts are in reference to boobies, food and beer. Not necesarily in that order, that varies from guy to guy.

Dixie
HISPA #56 Facil Rodriguez
"Scientific research has shown that 60% of the time, it works every time."

Val, I love you but on this point you have no clue.

Men and women think of many things in ways that are totally alien to one another. Yes, there are exceptions but in general its as if we are different species.

Faster horses, younger women, older whiskey, more money.

Why do they call it "Tourist Season" if we can't shoot them?

Apples and oranges are in the same food group ..... It's more like Coconuts and pickles ;)

:| I can't help it. Not recognizing how funny that is, would be criminal:D:D
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto

as i remeber reading/ hearing.... the reason that men can't remeber dates like anaversaries and birthdays is that 80% of the male brain goes to remebering movie quotes!!!

Men and women thinking alike? Uh, sure.

Alike in a different way though.

A mouse pops out of a hole right in front of a hungry cat. You know what? They are both thinking in terms of eating. The difference is being and doing.

We may think about the same things, right down to the smallest detail, but they way we think about it is like night and day.
It's your life, live it!
RB#684 "Corcho", ASK#60, Muff#3520, NCB#398, NHDZ#4, C-33989, DG#1

In intellectual things, it's entirely possible -- can they both prove something in math the same way, or understand a concept the same way. Definitely. Can they both understand situations such that they can react reasonably consistently? Absolutely.

But yes, they're different. In some very basic ways.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

I find that people born and raised in New York city think more differently than people born and raised in Chicago. Actually, I find their thought processes vary more than men/women.

The person that I think most similarly to is male. Sure, this may be an exception, but maybe all of your experiences are exceptions. I would be more curious in actual studies than I am in the experiences of dz.commers.

Also, if men and women think so differently, then why do homosexual relationships have the exact same problems that heterosexual relationships have? If men think alike and women think alike, shouldn't certain problems not exist in homosexual relationships???

Sure, men may think slightly differently because they haven't had some experiences most women have (ie, bleeding once a month), but to say that our hormones make us think differently is crap. Everyone has their own unique level of hormones. Some women have no estrogen. Some men have no testosterone.

Every person thinks in their own unique way. To bunch my thoughts in with half of the population is crap. No wonder most don't have successful relationships. If you're trying to figure out how women think, you will fail. Try to focus in more on how one individual thinks. You'll go further.
There's a thin line between Saturday night and Sunday morning

Every person thinks in their own unique way. To bunch my thoughts in with half of the population is crap. No wonder most don't have successful relationships. If you're trying to figure out how women think, you will fail. Try to focus in more on how one individual thinks. You'll go further.

VERY well said, Val!!! ;)

Oh how far that bit of wisdom can be applied. Val gets it, and she gets it well. So few do.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Yes. They know exactly what they want and what they want to do. The problem is that, generally, neither side will actually face the truth or communicate that truth to the other sex. Not being honest is what creates the perceived misunderstanding.

To complicate things, the "rules" for dating/relationships are designed to build dishonesty into the process.

Both sexes have the ability to have totally conflicting goals in their brains.
Example - "I have emotional needs and want someone to love me completely... but I want to live life, play, flirt, and date that sexy person over there."

"I want a home and security, I want to live like a sailor at sea." - Bob Seger (lyrics - Beautiful Loser)

For the sake of this argument, nobody’s in a relationship.
Picture a woman walking down the sidewalk, an attractive guy in a Lamborghini pulls up, asks her up to his penthouse apartment, for a little no strings sex. What percentage of women would hop in?
Now picture a guy walking down the sidewalk, an average looking woman pulls up in a beat up old Honda Civic, asks him back to her trailer house for a little no strings sex. What percentage of the male population thinks he just won the lottery and hops in?

This example goes back to our animal instincts/motivation. It’s the male instinct to spread his DNA as far and wide as he can. The female instinct is to find the best DNA, and also find a man that will stick around to help raise her babies; these may be two different guys.
Experience is what you get when you thought you were going to get something else.

AC DZ

This example goes back to our animal instincts/motivation.

Possibly. A lot of it has to do with "society." I have had plenty of "no string attached" make out sessions. I don't fit into your mold. Sure, I may be an exception, but there are plenty of exceptions. Also, I know plenty of guys who won't have sex with someone they are not in a relationship with. So, if the percentage of men that will have no strings attached sex is higher than the female percentage, I doubt it's by that much.

There are differences between men and women, just like there are differences between people from Idaho and people from Texas. There are differences, but it doesn't mean they think in vastly different ways.
There's a thin line between Saturday night and Sunday morning

You'd be surprised to discover the number of women who go for the "sports-f***". They find a good-looking hunky type and wear him out, then tell their girlfriends about it. (Mostly younger girls)

Some still worry about their "reputation" and go for the anonymous route and visit a nearby larger town. In Tampa, we call these the "Orlando girls".

The times, they are a-changin'.

In areas where prostitution is legal, the playing field gets leveled pretty quickly. Guys don't play the dishonest/pretend games, so women lose a lot of leverage.