ladyskydiver

Weekend Numbers 7/24-25

I'm back in the air!!! Yeah!!!!

0: 2: 0

After having met HeatherB for dinner last night (nice Thai place by the way) and after dinner her ordering me to jump so that she could see if my knee really was ok...:D...I went to the DZ today and jumped (knee brace on, of course, and butt slide landings). Didn't want to chance injuring the knee again although for a split second the thought of "I can stand this up" crossed my mind, and I decided against it - more padding on the backside than the knee. :D

And, yes, the weekend isn't over, but for me, I'm done jumping for the weekend. Don't want to push it too much.

Ah...the wonderful feel of being in the air again...ground poisoning slowly fading. B|
Life is short! Break the rules! Forgive quickly! Kiss slowly! Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably. And never regret anything that made you smile.

I'm suffering a knee injury my self, I'm 2 months into rehab after surgery. acl, maniscus, patella. And I'm going nuts, doc says, why do you wanna skydive
bla bla bla. Anyway short story, end of oct mid nov.I might be able to go back.
Then he throughs inn if at all.
I got pretty good at but sliding, but my goodness screw that flare up and your hurtin. good luck on your recovery. ed

I'm suffering a knee injury my self, I'm 2 months into rehab after surgery. acl, maniscus, patella. And I'm going nuts, doc says, why do you wanna skydive
bla bla bla. Anyway short story, end of oct mid nov.I might be able to go back.
Then he throughs inn if at all.
I got pretty good at but sliding, but my goodness screw that flare up and your hurtin. good luck on your recovery. ed

Ouch!!! That sucks! Good luck with the healing and PT side of things. :)
Thanks! Knee is doing ok...thankfully.

Well...off to bed for me...sleepy time. Getting up at "Oh, God: 30" tomorrow to go horseback riding. :)
Life is short! Break the rules! Forgive quickly! Kiss slowly! Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably. And never regret anything that made you smile.

Nice one Cora,
0:0:0 for me school term starts on monday (sucky way to spend my birthday) so I have prep work to do and marking I should have done 2 weeks ago:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

[:/]:5:0

Unlike great jumps last weekend, most exits funneled and didn't get through the entire skydive on any jumps. If this had been golf I'd be totally frustrated and vowing never to set foot on the course again. But, since this is skydiving and not golf, I still had a great time jumping with great people, and never considered for a second giving it up. Thank goodness I gave up golf for skydiving :)

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing ~ Helen Keller

Hmmm, lets see:

:S : 10(sort of): 0 owed but lots drunk

:S - well I wasn't expecting any
10 cos I had my weekend from Thursday! :P
Lots of beer due to people starting AFF, catching up with old buddies etc. Good weekend... packing now ready for Espace and Czech boogies back to back in August. :)

Its definitely all good...

Not one shred of evidence supports the theory that life is serious - look at the platypus.

pond swooping:0:0

I saw fast eddie grantland swoop the pond... B|... in honor of nate gilbert...

and yes there were pictures taken/video shot... I'm sure they'll end up online some where some time... it was awesome...

he did great... he came in a bit low but remembered to fly his canopy and got his legs up and slid it in...

Scott
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

1:2:0

1 very sore ear. Maybe i'm not quite over my ear infection. :(

2 jumps. The 2nd one i got pelted with ice from 14000-10000. Still fun stuff until my ear started hurting.

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

:( : 1 : 0

Ok weekend...I wanted to do more jumps...but decided that ice would be painful and didn't jump on Saturday...:S...Water training on Sunday morning...So I got one currency jump in today and by the time that happened I needed to go home...So here I am trying to get stuff ready for the week...

~R+R:)...I also had to ask how to sell my rig...B|...which I don't wanna do...but is a necessity right now...:S...

edited to add: Hanging out with Val is always fun...:ph34r:
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Fly the friendly skies...^_^...})ii({...^_~...

We were on that first jump with you, ladyskydiver, and with HeatherB too! Cool!

Both of us got in around 8 jumps, 6-12 ways...

Kansasskydiver Chris came by zhills and had some fun melting under the florida sun, did a bunch of freeflying with Pip and John and got to know the dz.commers and the bomb squad....and is at the wind tunnel tonite with Martin and Sally coaching!

Chris, when you are back in front of your computer, post a bit about your time in Florida! We enjoyed meeting you!

marc and alysse

1:0:0

1 session in teh tunnel (15 minutes) flying with Galen, 2 ways. Haha! I think the theme was "beat the crap out of Stacy!" At least initially. Just when I thought things had calmed down and were going great, I get a clunk in the face!:ph34r: Great time though.

Doing relative work her ein orlando.

1 (third and final) interview for a kickin' job tomorrow.

I better get this one!

__

:( : 1 : 0

got a hop n pop on friday at the dz.. eneded up being a sunset load.. very cool got 1200ft a min in the 182......... well theni worked 2, 12 hour shifts for weekend duty at work.. damn i hate being on a salary sometimes.......... oh well might get a day off this week as comp time...... then i can finally wire my trailer and put a floor to it.... getting preped for rantoul.... woohooooo

1- awesome 2 way skydive with Dan BC.

Isn't he awesome to jump with? I jumped with him for the first time last week, a 6 way, which did well, completed the skydive, but not a lot of points. When I asked him afterwards how I did, he said there were a lot of different fall rates on that jump and we should do another jump with people with a similar fall rate as mine, so we did a three way and it was great. Everything went as planned from exit to breakoff. Turned 9 points and that was with taking it slow and pausing in between each point. I had heard that jumps always go great when jumping with Dan BC. I'm really excited that I'll be doing the 4 way camp with him.

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing ~ Helen Keller