Katzeye

Do women "scare" you?

OK, everywhere I look I'm reading from women about how they "scared" their man away because they are strong women. Or, men are "scared shitless" by strong women. Usually these statements are accompanied by "he didn't call me back because" or "he left because"...

I don't buy it.

Can they men out there, who I know are exposed to strong women in this sport, clear this up for me? Do you shy away from strong women? Is it scary or something else?

Is a chicken omelette redundant?

I couldn't make that generalization. I guess I prefer the stronger type but I have dated the "Not so strong" type too. It's much more about the chemistry I have with someone. If anything I lean towards the more independent type of woman. She best be educated and self sufficient if she wants the time of day from me.

I think strong women are scary if they have beards!;)

but I'm not sure what scary means. to some scary can mean :
1 INSANE
2 ASSHOLE
3 LUNATIC
4 PYSCHO
5 HAD A PENIS
6 IT WAS BIGGER THEN HIS
7 WANTED TO USE IT ON HIM

so you can see that a word is just a word but the person using it will determine the effect of the word...
for instance

HEY ASSHOLE!!!

thats generally frowned upon but in this sport I'm just calling my closest friends:ph34r:
My photos

My Videos

Depends on your definition of "strong" or "independent".

People can confuse "independent" with "doing whatever they wish". Behaviour without boundaries. When they do something offensive and then their SO leaves, they claim the SO couldn't handle their "independence".

"Strong" should mean "capable". If it is expressed as "not needing/wanting anyone", it doesn't allow much room for a relationship.

'Strength' in a woman is an attractive quality.

I define 'strength' as the ability to be independent, to speak honestly and not be afraid what people might think, to manage your own life and finances, to fight back when pressured, to not shit yourself if you get stuck in an elevator (or jump out of a plane ;)).

Strength is measured by how well you can control your own life. It's not measured by how well you can control your partner's life. Being strong makes you admired, being domineering does not.

The type of woman that I am most scared of are extremely beautiful women.
I fear them because they can cloud my judgement.
(and sometimes interrupt my cardio-pulmonary functions :)

Strong women are sexy. I like someone who can look me in the eye and send the shit I give them right back at me.
Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. --Douglas Adams

Yes. Women frighten me. When one gets too close, I use the usual ruses to avoid contact. Such as holding up a newspaper. Clearing my throat and suddenly seeing something fascinating the next isle over, by the canned soups. Or stepping behind a structure such as a doorway, or a parked car.

1 INSANE
2 ASSHOLE
3 LUNATIC
4 PYSCHO
5 HAD A PENIS
6 IT WAS BIGGER THEN HIS

so you can see that a word is just a word but the person using it will determine the effect of the word...
for instance

HEY ASSHOLE!!!

thats generally frowned upon but in this sport I'm just calling my closest friends:ph34r:

WHAT?!!!!
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

OK, everywhere I look I'm reading from women about how they "scared" their man away because they are strong women. Or, men are "scared shitless" by strong women. Usually these statements are accompanied by "he didn't call me back because" or "he left because"...

I don't buy it.

Can they men out there, who I know are exposed to strong women in this sport, clear this up for me? Do you shy away from strong women? Is it scary or something else?

I doubt they're actually "scared" of strong women, but rather they just pursue women who make them feel "needed."

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

1 INSANE
2 ASSHOLE
3 LUNATIC
4 PYSCHO
5 HAD A PENIS
6 IT WAS BIGGER THEN HIS

for instance

HEY ASSHOLE!!!

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

That's fuggin' hilarious...
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

I don't buy it.

I doubt they're actually "scared" of strong women, but rather they just pursue women who make them feel "needed."

Blues,
Dave

But, wouldn't a man prefer having a woman in his life that wants him versus needs him? After all, a need can be fulfilled and once that has been fulfilled, what need does she have for him then?
Life is short! Break the rules! Forgive quickly! Kiss slowly! Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably. And never regret anything that made you smile.

Blues,
Dave

But, wouldn't a man prefer having a woman in his life that wants him versus needs him? After all, a need can be fulfilled and once that has been fulfilled, what need does she have for him then?

If you'd said "shouldn't" instead of "wouldn't" I'd agree wholeheartedly. But I know there are people (male and female) who seek others that make them feel needed, e.g. women who consistently date/take care of men with money problems.

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

I don't buy it.

You have what amounts to a compound question here. The implications of the buzzword "strong women" vary greatly, depending on who you ask.

Being hetero, my relationships with women are (with any luck) quite different from those with men. Thus, behavior that I will not tolerate on an intimate basis is not a factor with men the way it can be with women.

If you ask any person who has worked in an insane asylum, they will tell you that with psychosis often comes superhuman strength. Thus, what is generating fear is not necessarily the "strong woman" part of the deal so much as the "psycho bitch" factor.

Note that the quotes are from women who concluded that they scared men away by their "strength," not from men who were trying to get clear of them because they were bonkers.

FWIW, the women I find truly attractive and with whom I am comfortable are the kind you find in this sport. They are decisive, self assured, and fundamentally capable human beings.

The kind of women who bitch to their therapists about how they scare men away because they are too "strong" scare me. If someone thinks they're fucked up enough to need therapy, they're generally right about being fucked up, and I'd just as soon stay clear. NOBODY is that good in bed.

Blue skies,

Winsor

Strong, smart women are very attractive.

Women that play stupid, are destructive or needlessly indecisive or wrecklessly submissive to destructive men are not. At all.

there are boys everywhere, and they can be hard to tell from men until you're in too deep.

HA......damn did I see enough "Little Boys and girls" at the WFFC to last me the rest of the year. Kinda sad really.

You noticed that as well?

First you have to Define "Strong Women".

If you mean Demanding, Manipulative, Stubborn, Self Centered and Self Righteous..
Then Yes, I am scared of any PERSON who fits that description (Male or Female) and will distance myself from them fast as possible soon as I realize how "Strong" they are.

However if you mean Independent, Confident and self-assured then that is exactly the type of Woman I would prefer to be around.

Great discussion!

Sorry for being unclear about "strong". I definitely did not mean in the physical sense (muscles, bench pressing and all that).

Note that the quotes are from women who concluded that they scared men away by their "strength," not from men who were trying to get clear of them because they were bonkers.

FWIW, the women I find truly attractive and with whom I am comfortable are the kind you find in this sport. They are decisive, self assured, and fundamentally capable human beings.

The kind of women who bitch to their therapists about how they scare men away because they are too "strong" scare me. If someone thinks they're fucked up enough to need therapy, they're generally right about being fucked up, and I'd just as soon stay clear. NOBODY is that good in bed.

Bravo Winsor! You managed to articulate what I was driving at! Thank you, now I can sleep.:)

Is a chicken omelette redundant?

Here's my opinion.....B|

Some women that consider themselves "strong" or "independent" may be just that, but sometimes they're a bit "fem-nazi"ish, and that's a huge turn off. There's a difference between "I don't need a man to survive, but if I had one I'd love him" and "I don't need a man cuz I'm strong and independent and a man would only hold me back".

Perfect example of the latter.....Beyonce Knowles. B|

Wrong Way
D #27371 Mal Manera Rodriguez Cajun Chicken Ø Hellfish #451
The wiser wolf prevails.