bendywendy

I broke myself

I've worked so hard to lose the accident prone reputation that I acheived over the years. I'm so bummed out. Yet another broken bone and this one will keep me on the ground for a little while. At least it was a new one. I broke the right arm this time. (6 times for the left one - I think it had enough.)

Of course, it had nothing to do with skydiving - the dz was closed on tuesday so I decided to take a 16 mile long rollerblading trip (trip - ha!ha!)

I wont be in the air for awhile.[:/] It will be another two weeks before they even decide if it's going to be surgery or physical therapy or both.

Anyways, I'm feeling rather grumpy about the whole thing since I'm watching a load land outside my window and they all look to be having so much fun while I'm pecking away with one hand and the keyboard.

So sorry for you. But you know, these extreme sports like rollerblading, ironing and skiing are so dangerous...

Big vibes from Switzerland, including vibes from Fabrice and Jean Greg (who has a tib in 3 pieces...)
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

So sorry to hear about this. I've been there this summer. Surgery and pins in my pinky in July and surgery and plates in August.

Heal quick. It's only a few weeks. All the best.

B

The only time you should look down on someone is when you are offering them your hand.

Oh no! Thank you tell JeanGregoire to get well soon - what did he do? or I mean how did he do it?

And thank you everyone else too! The PM's made me laugh!

landed into a fence... better that than doing a low turn to avoid it... [:/]
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

Aw, Wendy, I'm so sorry to hear that you are broken. :( I hope you don't let it break your wonderful spirit though. I hope you heal relatively painlessly and quickly. :)
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Um, I might have been on that load you were watching land, and if I was, yes, I was having an awful lot of fun today, especially since Ron helped me modify my packing last week so that I don't end up with consistent twists on opening and it paid off this week like crazy!

I'm so sorry to see you hurt and grounded, Wendy. I hope the time passes quickly til you're healed-up and skydiving again. *kisstomakeitbetter* <*muah!*>

See you next week. Hope you get good news about your recovery prognosis soon.

Man, you must be one tough hombre to have gone three days with that injury before you got it looked at! I woulda been cryin' like a little girl! :D

Blue skies,
-
-Jeffrey
"With tha thoughts of a militant mind... Hard line, hard line after hard line!"

Ooooh noooo..:onot rollerblades. I haven't had the best of luck with those. I recall being on a bike path and hitting a small water puddle, accelerating..then hitting gravel! and that sudden stop flung me hard off the path and OUCH![:/] No more roller blades for me...

Heal quickly!:)

At least it was a new one. I broke the right arm this time. (6 times for the left one - I think it had enough.)

Are we going to have to pitch in for one of those big padded suits and a helmet for you to wear around all day? Geez woman!!! Stop hurting yourself! [:/] Hope you heal as quickly as possible!

hey Wendy, get well soon! broken bones suck...

on the brighter side, at least you can watch people land from your window - I've been working all weekend (night shift!) :( so no swoops to be seen outside of my window.

anyway, hope you can jump again soon

--
Be careful giving advice. Wise men don't need it, and fools won't heed it.

GEESH!!! Broke the same arm 6 times?? Crimany!! :o

Man, I'll step back and give you hugs, you need 'em much more than me with my stupid sprain! :( I will try very hard to NOT follow in your footsteps and let the 3rd injury to my right hand/wrist be the last...

(6 times?!? I just can't get over that! :|) <-- "And apparently neither could she." Ba-da-bum. ;)
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

I'm so sorry for you. I gave up dangerous sports when I started skydiving cuz I didn't want to get hurt and not be able to skydive, so now I don't rollerblade, snowboard or walk slowly across crosswalks. Hope you recover quickly!

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing ~ Helen Keller

After spending what seemed like all of Rantoul on your blades you get hurt on your day off? [:/] Sorry to hear that! Hope you heal quick without surgery.

Maybe you can borrow this from Zeemax? www.zorb.com

I'm so sorry to hear about your injury...

(You do get to be out for something a bit more dramatic - I'm nursing a broken toe that hardly seems worth it!)

If you have broken your other arm a few times and healed up repeatedly like that, you must have some good healin' genes...

So, here's hoping for a speedy recovery!

Tom

"The helicopter approaches closer than any other to fulfillment
of mankind's ancient dreams of a magic carpet" - Igor Sikorsky

Get well soon

the sky will be there when your ready

PS: would ya care to sign this petition Banning all Roller blading Dat stuff is dangerous !!!!

no way, i was hoping for the cast so I could get back out there on them:)
and I just had to call in for new drugs. The LorTabs were kind of funky, so my choice was Vicodin which I have had or Darvocet which I have not. Not being blessed with insurance I want to go with the least expensive that works since I just paid $1046.00 for 5 stinking x-rays. Any suggestions on the best painkiller that I can still function on?

OMG:o
Nooooooo!.... not you too!

(I busted my elbow landing my reserve @ wffc this year), I guess we can team up nowB|

Didn`t you know that rollerblading is a dangerous sport?:S:P

Well, heal quickly, November is close now, and the Keys Boogie needs you!

Take care, ok?

See you soon,
-Christie
LiquidSky
@(^_^)@